Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 10:37 PM
Default Boots problem
How do I fix this problem?

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:18 PM
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=429510

If you ever get it right, please let me know! XD
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:34 PM
Did you both clone the same thing? Maybe try cloning the long skintight boots, since their textures go under trousers?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:05 AM
i have seen already 3 or 4 related posts and recreated similar packages but the textures display fine in my CAS.
Just make sure your package is based on a shoemesh that works with pants(afShoesAnkleAHiHeelPointy01_thighHighBoot)
Inventor
#5 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:42 AM
Yeah but not all boots have high heels, like the mine or Robodl's for example. I can't accept it's impossible to use a different mesh for boots, there has to be a solution that we couldn't see yet.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 2:21 AM Last edited by omegastarr82 : 24th Feb 2011 at 2:35 AM.
I think it's just the part mask, use the same one the thigh high uses. If that doesn't work, use tsrw to start a new project using that as the base then just replace everything else with your new meshes/textures. That's what I did to get these to work. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=431684 Because for the tucked in version I used a gym shoe for the base and the part mask is ankle length as to where the part mask for the thigh highs are thigh high.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:52 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 24th Feb 2011 at 4:29 AM.
Changing the partmask will not work on other shoes, few tried already.(with both CTU and TSRW)
I do think its indeed the partmask but i guess both programs need to be updated on that part.

I think its pretty obvious you always clone a object that has similar settings and i think the afShoesAnkleAHiHeelPointy01_thighHighBoot is the only that has them.
Like if you want alpha editible clothing you need a teen for it as those have transparancy set to true by default, you never get it to work with a adult outfit.(unless you take a EP or one from the store)
It also does work if you load new meshes in that package(afShoesAnkleAHiHeelPointy01_thighHighBoot) and its one of the few that also have a normalmap if im correct.
To make sure that wat im saying is true i made a quick test and loaded edited supervillian shoes in that package and all works as it should.
Screenshots
Inventor
#8 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 1:34 PM
Oh cool, so if I import different meshes then the moprh states won't look weird/distorted, right? I thought that would happen if you don't use the afShoesAnkleAHiHeelPointy01_thighHighBoot default meshes. Or do I have to create the morphs manually?
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 2:23 PM
You always have to make new morph files for custom shoes, unless your making small edits.
I haven't test this with TSRW but according to Omega it works the same.
So use TSRW if you dont want to make new morphfiles, TSRW does it automaticly.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:18 PM
Okay thanks guys

Hi I'm Paul!