Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 12:48 AM
Default Seam
God sorry for being so needy

I've had this seam problem on a couple projects and I don't know what's causing them. I do all my conversions using the VDM then NDM method like Blooms pregnancy tut. The weird thing is that the seam only happens on some things :/

Edit: picture would be helpful
Screenshots

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 1:13 AM
Im guessing you need to fix the normals for the morphs also, compare the seams on the diffrent slidersettings
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 4:36 AM
Did it in TSRW, used NDM on all the morphs too

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 6:10 AM
I'm not at my pc right this moment so I couldn't say which is which, but somehow I've got two different normal fixes. One of them works after saving and using, the other doesn't.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 7:20 AM
there is also a issue with those normals in the latest version of tsrw but it messes up the normals on the thighs, not the ankles.
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/s...ad.php?t=388451

Also could be related to the skintone you using, doesn't look like the default to me?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 10:17 AM
Using NDM on the ankle seams, you mean? To make them match up to the legs?

NDM wouldn't, presumably, help on the seams on the side - I'd just use regular align normals for that bit.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 2:33 PM
yup, to match the normals on the bottom row of verts from the leg.
Regular alligne normals will definatly give you a visible seam, you need to use NDM or manual edit to fix them.

You had the reference mesh listed first when using NDM?
If you cant figure it out upload the mesh?
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 8:51 PM
Not the skintone since they only happen on these. I've been using NDM not align normals.

Hi I'm Paul!