Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 4:30 AM
That is Bella! I've seen it before too!

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 12:16 PM
Sorry the picture isn't bigger, it is but then even when I take a scrn prnt photobucket makes it really small when everyone else's picture is bigger

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
Hehe. I've never seen the film but I noticed that and I was like: O.o

Agnes Crumplebottom is a distant relative of Cassandra Goth. I found a whole webpage discussing this subject before. She never got married, however, so Mrs Crumplebottom is not 'officially' by easter egg hunters considored to be a relative of the Goth's.

Do you remember what the website was?
Inventor
#29 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 8:14 PM
There's a character in MySims, a librarian named Elmira, who is Mrs. Crumplebottom's niece. It says so in her bio.
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ineedalife
Do you remember what the website was?

No, I think I googled Agnes Crumplebottom to try and find out who she was, a while before I got nightlife. It was one of those yahoo group pages (I think) and it went into a lot of detail about her, and I read the first few paragraphs but I was looking for a good picture so didn't pay too much attention.

#31 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 10:51 PM
I'm probably stating the obvious here, and I dont know if it counts as an easter egg but that cow plant that came with Uni bears an uncanny likeness to Audrey 2 in that awesome film "Little shop of horrors"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRN39oifsE
Alchemist
#32 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 10:59 PM
Omg I never knew that! An obvious reference, so cool!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Scholar
#33 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:00 PM
Feed me seymour!! LOL I loved that movie... Clever, very clever!
#34 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
Feed me seymour!! LOL I loved that movie... Clever, very clever!

LOL, I was flicking channels about 2 hours ago, when I came across the movie, I just had to watch. Now I have the song 'Suddenly Seymour' stuck in my head
Scholar
#35 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 11:10 PM
Now I do too *grrr* LOL
Field Researcher
#36 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 10:45 AM
I just noticed that with that Custom Paining option that with every EP added they add like 3 or so more. Check your Paintings files in your Sims 2 folder, there's a lumberjack, a snowy fountain, and loads other.
Site Helper
#37 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 1:51 PM
Are the roofs that don't appear under "Auto-roof" considered Easter eggs?

In the opening to OFB, The final sentence gave the mathematical formula for a cone-shaped roof and that was when Conical roofs and dome roofs were introduced.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#38 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
There's a character in MySims, a librarian named Elmira, who is Mrs. Crumplebottom's niece. It says so in her bio.

Really! That makes so much sense.. Elmira is almost as nasty as Mrs. Crumplebottom
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Are the roofs that don't appear under "Auto-roof" considered Easter eggs?

In the opening to OFB, The final sentence gave the mathematical formula for a cone-shaped roof and that was when Conical roofs and dome roofs were introduced.

What do you mean by the opening?

Site Helper
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 2:20 AM
The little blurbs that crawl across the screen during the initial loading of the game. "Preparing Bacon for Homeward transportation", "Neutralizing Shuriken Oxidation","Reticulated Splines for sale $2000", etc. It includes something like "Roof=Roof *Pi R^2 H." Pi times R squared (R= radius of the circle at the base) Times the height is the area of a cone.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 3:21 PM
Isn't there something in the pool description in the build mode catalogue about "Just don't forget the ladder" or something like that?

I haven't looked at it lately, but I'm sure it's there. They know we drown extraneous sims. LOL
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
The little blurbs that crawl across the screen during the initial loading of the game. "Preparing Bacon for Homeward transportation", "Neutralizing Shuriken Oxidation","Reticulated Splines for sale $2000", etc. It includes something like "Roof=Roof *Pi R^2 H." Pi times R squared (R= radius of the circle at the base) Times the height is the area of a cone.

That doesn't show up on mine. I have Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons. So I only get the Seasons messages at the bottom of the loading screen.

Quote: Originally posted by Count Four
Isn't there something in the pool description in the build mode catalogue about "Just don't forget the ladder" or something like that?

I haven't looked at it lately, but I'm sure it's there. They know we drown extraneous sims. LOL

Yeah I'm pretty sure it says something like that. Hehe.

Alchemist
#43 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 5:05 PM
Another reference to the pool ladder sim death is in the Brokes' family blurb thing...it said that Brandi's husband had died in a mysterious pool ladder accident

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Inventor
#44 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 5:08 PM
One of the cheaper table lamps is called the "Pix-Arm" which is obviously a reference to Pixar. They got started with those little shorts about a little lamp and its bigger mother lamp. :laugh:

Edit: I just noticed that alien sims' gums are light blue. Which would logically mean that their blood is blue, too?
#45 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 5:40 AM
Wow that's interesting...
blue gums, blue blood

When a child sim plays chess one of the books is called
"asdfjkj;;" or something like that.
I guess they couldn't be bothered making up book names?

-Neo
#46 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 7:21 AM
i know that this one isnt much of an egg(i found it off of sims2 website i think) but has anyone found the bunny in the frig at the community lots? i read about it somewhere that there is a picture of a pink bunny in a community lots frig and its at random. the pic is on some female shirt
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 11:24 AM

They're playing MySims... :D
Site Helper
#48 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 4:30 PM
You can also get The Sims Busting out and Sim City 4 for them to play.

Instructor
#49 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 1:03 AM
Easter Bunny... Eggs.
Wow, a really interesting thread here!
The best so far..
Haha.

Speaking of Easter Eggs, i heard/saw that the Social Bunny leaves you a big, colourful patterned Egg if you get this custom object..
Do i make sense?
And does anyone know about it?

I'll try to find the picture.... *frowns, and scurries off*

EDIT: I found them!

For the proper link, click here.

Here are some photos, in case you can't get into the page:

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.j...toId=6313922000
The Bunny is leaving the Egg on the table.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.j...umId=3133420206
The girl Sim is surprised to find the egg after some sleep.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.j...umId=3133420206
The boy Sim is about to eat the Egg and is thinking..

=D

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 2:44 AM
Lol, I've been looking for these when I'm in game, keep em coming, I'm thooughly amused.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Page 2 of 16