Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 7:47 PM
Oasis

you can also find him on the back of the newspaper below a girls pic

also one of the flowers is called "daisys of are lives". someone was thinking about "days of are lives"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 8:09 PM
Yep also there is a clothing store in Downtown called Cold Issue Clothing- it's a pun off the name of Hot Topic (I'm not sure if it's just a U.S. chain, but it's a popular goth/punk/emo clothing store).
#78 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 10:57 PM

The Lone Daisy painting is seen on the spine of a book on the Craftmeister Booknook!
Test Subject
#79 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by endersgirl07
Yep also there is a clothing store in Downtown called Cold Issue Clothing- it's a pun off the name of Hot Topic (I'm not sure if it's just a U.S. chain, but it's a popular goth/punk/emo clothing store).

Don't forget about "Papaya Regime"! (Banana Republic!)
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 1:19 AM
Default It's the guy..again!
I found him again!
In the hot air balloon

I heard people think that it's Bella next to him.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tschick0373045
Don't forget about "Papaya Regime"! (Banana Republic!)
And its owners, who are fashionable young men, have a strange obsession with fruit. *giggles like the 12-year-old she is*
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 7:36 PM
It is bella next to him in the hot air balloon, the red dress the woman is wearing is the dress that Bella in Sims1 wears.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Alchemist
#83 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 8:01 PM
I just remembered something else! :D

Among the people buried in Olive Specter's back yard (Strangetown) are guys called Hugh Thanasia, Earl E. Demise and Rigger Mortis :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#84 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:33 AM
I dunno if this counts, but the Montys' and Capps' ancestors have names like Hamlet and Macbeth.
Scholar
Original Poster
#85 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
I just remembered something else! :D

Among the people buried in Olive Specter's back yard (Strangetown) are guys called Hugh Thanasia, Earl E. Demise and Rigger Mortis :D

Hehe thats funny! :laugh:

Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 2:46 PM
Well, I don't know if this is an easter egg, but...
There is a standing lamp in the game called "Rave Against the Machine". Virtual cookies to anyone who can guess who they referenced it from!

A little hint: They're in the music scene before.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 2:58 PM
Rage Against the Machine 1306?

*gets handed a cookie* ^-^;
Field Researcher
#88 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 8:08 PM
I found one today. It's on the machine that makes medicines, don't remember how it's called, but I laughed a lot when I saw the HAL9000 computer "eye" on it! I'm a big fan of kubrik's "2001:A Space Odyssey". I will post the pic when I've written 5 posts.

And also, I think that when they prepare pancakes or something that uses milk, the picture on the milk is different from the Bella one, it's the clown from "livin' large" xD
Scholar
#89 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 3:23 AM
I just found some random graffiti on the water tower...
the letters look like "HP"

*Stares at HystericalParoxysm*

Instructor
#90 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 3:32 AM
Whoa.. Freaky, Cinamun! Lol. It also looks like IR.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Scholar
#91 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 4:29 AM
Or NR... lol
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#92 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 4:33 AM
Ahahaha. I'm in ur game, taggin ur 'hood decor.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#93 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 4:34 AM
!!! Too funny!
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 12:13 PM
Lmao! I have to look at that water tower.

Mad Poster
#95 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 3:24 PM
I don't know if this really counts as an easter egg, but there's a La Fiesta Tech dormie named Dorian Cox- the surnames of J.D. and Perry on the popular American comedy, "Scrubs." Is there a Scrubs fan at Maxis, perhaps ?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#96 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 3:32 PM
HP, I told you you have to kick the graffiti habit!

Oooh, I never noticed the Scrubs reference! That's really cool. I love JD and Dr Cox.
#97 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 9:40 PM
Random, but two of the stray dogs you can find in Pets are called "Decker" and "Ilia," the names of the two characters who merge with the V'ger entity in the first Star Trek movie.
Site Helper
#98 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 2:04 PM
I am still discovering things in the Seasons pack I got for Christmas. I laughed myself silly over the Improbable Whale sculpture, especially with the suggestion that it needs something related to a flower to go with it.

Now I need a vase of Petunias named "Oh NO! Not Again!" unless there is one already there and I haven't found it yet....

And maybe a copy of the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy for my sims....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#99 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:05 PM
In the posters and paintings you can hang in your Sims' houses are a lot of references, in name or in the image or style of the painting itself:
The "Its Reggae Mon" poster references to Bob Marley.
The "Space Oddity" poster references to David Bowie.
The "Kitten vs. Yarn", "Stunned Hound" and "Snoozing Enemies Comic" seem to reference to the Disney movie style.
The "Rainy Day Main Street" painting style seems to reference to the painter Rothko.
The "Paradise Lost (and Found)" painting references to John Milton.
The style in the painting "That Place Over There" by Retina Bluri looks a bit like Van Goghs landscapes.
The surrealist painting "In The Beginning" by Luc Dinwé is a reference to René Magritte (the apple as a head.)
The painting and style from "Lily Pads" by Myo Pia refere to Monet.
The style from "Sent to my room without Dinner" by Pics Elle remembers me of Klimt.
"Untitled" by Len Bledgemann is obviously a reference to Andy Warhol.
"Cantankerous Splatters" by Rod Nee remembers me of Jackson Pollock.
"A Sim Noir Print" is another obvious reference to Roy Lichtenstein.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 8:59 PM
I love the Soma TV or whatever it is. Brave New World allusions FTW!!

Sinthe's a lit nerd.
Page 4 of 16