Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 12:38 AM
Default Create a World - Error saving the world
HI, everytime i place a lot (empty lot) n i try to save the town i get a error message saying that its not possible to save the world due to errors while saving the world. I dont know what to do.. I need your help please.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 6:03 AM
Can you save when not adding Lots?
Is there an error message upon the save failure? What does it say?

Is the Lot on a new layer?
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 2:27 AM
I am having the same issue. I updated both my game and CAW to the latest version and have already made my game LAA, and I checked and DEP was not my issue. The lots are on their own layer and I moved my mods folder out and cleared caches. I am only getting the error when saving after placing lots, and the error just says "CAW encountered an error and cannot save" or some crap like that. Then it freezes for a minute and crashes to the desktop.

Am I missing something? Any ideas on solving the issue?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 10:51 PM
@Shimo815- please try all suggestions in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

@aphroditeindior- Could you please show a screenshot of the error? Does it occur with a fresh set of Sims 3 user files? What are your system specs?
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 4:06 AM Last edited by simsample : 17th Aug 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Here is a screenshot, I cleared caches and restarted CAW. The only thing that I did was try to add a 30x30 lot.

here are my specs
Wow this is long, I apologise in advance...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 12:13 PM
Did you test with a fresh set of user files?

Your computer is quite underpowered for Sims 3 and CAW- it could be that your PC is just not capable of running the program.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 11:13 PM
Hey, thanks for your support.

i can not save it even when i do not add lots.

The first thing i did when i opened the world was create a new layer. Then i just deleted some lots and save and a error message pops out.

Here is a screenshot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know it isnt in english, but it says:

An error has occured in the sims 3 CAW tool.
It wasnt possible the save the world.

Information:
Error: An error has occured while saving the file: 15816642159617624368
"
"
"
"
"
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 11:21 PM
Shimo815, is that a world that you have created from scratch, or is that a completed world that you have opened?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 12:05 AM
No, it's an installed world. But I followed ur tutorial in order to edit it
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 12:11 AM
Okay, well something didn't go too well- those errors are showing that it can't save something for some reason, perhaps soms lots are corrupted or a layer has problematic items on it. Did you do file> save as and give it a new name (it looks as though you did, but just to check).

Also, you have no problem adding lots in a new world?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 12:18 AM
When I add new lots the same error happens.

I Only saved as n gave it a name when I created the large flat map.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 6:39 PM
Heres the world im trying to edit: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/320178.page

I think the source of the problem is corrupted CC but im not sure. Maybe i gotta clean the world ... Is it possible?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimo815
When I add new lots the same error happens.

I Only saved as n gave it a name when I created the large flat map.

I asked this:
Quote:
Also, you have no problem adding lots in a new world?

I need to know whether you can create new lots in a NEW world, not this one.

Also, read point 5 in this post:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...586&postcount=2

You must give the world a new name and do 'save as'.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I asked this:

I need to know whether you can create new lots in a NEW world, not this one.

Also, read point 5 in this post:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...586&postcount=2

You must give the world a new name and do 'save as'.

Holy moly ! It's working now!! Thank you so much u made my day!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 5:25 PM
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:11 PM Last edited by dear_dori : 30th Mar 2015 at 3:38 PM.
Can I abduct this thread for a short question?
How many plants/trees and decorative objects are too many for a world to save?

I am working on a world that saved fine in CAW until I added a shitton of plants (about 900 of them) and some decorative objects (no new effects though).
The total amount of plants/trees when I tried to save was about 2200, and about 100 decorative objects.

CAW showed me the "Failed to save" message with six files that t could not save.

I tried the following steps:
- rebuilt routing data
- changed world name, description and thumbnail
- deleted those files from the DCCache and CDBackup that CAW let me, obviously could not delete dcdb0 and dcdb1 while I was still trying to save my work.

The world is one I was working on before I set up a new system, means I resinstalled TS and CAW, and the world it didn't load afterwards, so I salvaged it from the partly finished installed version using s2pe to copy the resources. But I was able to make changes to the restored world in CAW and save them just fine, including new lots and roads.
So I strongly suspect either the plants or the objects.
It can't be a problem with the lots, I didn't add any new ones since the last successful save.
It shouldn't be the roads either, since I have not touched those.

Hope that someone can tell me if it's the number of plants, or maybe (my other suspicion) a specific object

English is my second language. Please don't be mean about my mistakes :)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:42 PM
In my world are over 20000 (unchunked) trees so that shouldnt be the problem.

...You used sim2pe ? oO

Im not a native speaker
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 4:46 PM
That's very good to know, thank you! So I needn't cut back on my forests and pretty pretty flowers

Erm no, S3PE of course, stupid typo, but that would indeed have explained things.

I am now slowly adding stuff back in and saving waaaayyyy more frequently than before, luckily new system means speedier saving.
Hope next time the saving error occurs, I'll know which item or change caused it

Scholar
#19 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:55 AM
CAW will automatically cluster plants, flowers, and trees when saving. I think they have to be grouped together on layers such as "Plants and Flowers", "Trees" for that to work, though. If not grouped together, you can make a new layer and move them but it is a slow, tedious process. CAW has a "cluster" tool but I don't know how well it works as I've never used it. (Keep in mind that, if you want to move or delete a "clustered" tree or plant, you have to use the "uncluster" tool first to be able to edit a single plant or tree.) This will greatly reduce the size of your world. I read somewhere in a post by auntielynds that CAW will only use 4 gig of RAM no matter how much RAM you have installed, but that may be outdated now. (Sorry, I can't find the post right now.) Good luck with your project!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 4:20 PM
Yes the automatic clustering is important to remember. When I was new in CAS it always bugged me when I wanted to move a single tree or something, and it caused me to not save as often as one should!
My trees and plants are now about 2500 in number and no saving problem so far, they cluster nicely to 150 objects. I have them on 3 seperate layers, so there shouldn't be any problems when I uncluster everything and cluster again before exporting.
About the 4 gigs of ram, I never heard about that, but so far things don't take too long. I have 8 gig RAM on my new system and had 6 on my old one, loading times have decreased considerably, but that may be due to the new mainboard an processor. I'll be wary of memory problems, thank you for mentioning it.
Data volume should not be the problem, my world file is still far smaller than store worlds, also smaller than some of the previous worlds I made.

Currently I am still putting in world objects and building in EIG, no error this far Thanks for your wishes!

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 4:42 PM
Ok now I am confused.
I encountered the Failed-to-save error again after editing a little street corner, which included: changing a piece of sidewalk, turning a lot a little, moving a few objects to another layer, coloring the ground, and plopping down a couple of cypress and olive trees. Didn't know what exactly causes the error, so I started doing it step by step. I got to the point where everything was reconstructed except the trees, and saved which worked fine, and then, now suspecting this particular types of tree to be the cause of the problem, I wanted to make a second save just after the other, without having touched anything. Guess what, failed to save.
I tried save as with a new file name, again, failed.
I proceeded to load the first save I made, which worked. Immediately afterwards I saved again (overwriting a previous, redundant file). Success. Then, because I was curious, I made another one, successfully again. So it's not that when you save twice at the same point, the second save fails.

Afterwards I tried again to plant those trees and save, which works. So it's not the trees either, in fact, none of the things that I had edited before the error caused the error again afterwards when done seperately.

It seems to occur arbitraryly ... I think?