Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:33 PM
Default Home business
Im running a home business with the electrono ticket machine. The business is open, it is a poker table and game stuff. I get a few sims visit and then i have loads just standing around outside doing nothing. Why arent they either coming in or going away. Ive played with the ticket machine before and had a very successful business. I cant even invite them to look at the machine. Any ideas
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:03 PM
Put the machine outside?
Are you sure your doors are unlocked?

If you've run a successful business with a similar set-up before, you may since have installed a mod or combination of mods which accidentally screw up the function. In which case troubleshooting is called for. Back up your game (so that you can restore from backup even if Something Goes Horribly Wrong or you accidentally save your game while it has no CC in it, which is always a pain) and remove the Downloads folder, then try the business. If the problem's still there, it's not a mod conflict. (Unless you have mods outside your downloads folder, in which case you'll need to pull them, too.) If the problem's gone, you know that there's a culprit in your downloads folder. You just have to narrow down which mods are a problem, and the Game Help FAQ can help you with that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:45 PM
i can only think it must be a download conflict as 1-3 are all ok. I do get some customers but only about 2, the others just stand around outside. Will have to take out the recent downloads and try that. I was hoping it would be something else
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:16 PM
If you are getting some customers then that does not sound like a mod conflict. 1-3 customers on a brand new business lot is normal.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 6:53 AM
[QUOTE=joandsarah77]If you are getting some customers then that does not sound like a mod conflict. 1-3 customers on a brand new business lot is normal.[/y ]

why do the others just stand around outside doing nothing
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 7:17 AM
Sims frequently stand around at my business doing nothing but socialize. Granted these are sale type stores and they socialize probably because they don't have a lot of money. I simply tell them goodbye or if I am feeling lazy I go to the Business Runs You sign and click 'bugger off'. How much is your ticket machine set at? Cheaper tickets or cheaper stock moves faster and makes for happier customers who will toss you more stars. More stars means higher business rank allowing more customers and higher prices.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 1:21 PM
Persevered and now have a level 3 business with plenty of customers. Dont have any more just hanging around. Thanks for your replies
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 6:50 PM
In my experience, Sims are more likely to socialize if they're friends with the business owner or one of the household members present. Usually it just winds up with a bunch of twerps that do nothing but bother my managers with dirty jokes or try to play kicky bag with them, which makes the Batbox's "Nuke.../Stuck Kicky Bags" interaction a lifesaver in keeping small lots from becoming inaccessible and divided with their games.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 11:37 PM
Yes and given that it's a hood with 16 families who all know each other other my business are a field day of jokes and games and lets hang out right in the way of the till. Some though are worse than others. My clothes store does well with most sims buying, but my bank is terrible for balloon fights out on the footpath.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 3:45 AM
@joandsarah77

Just curious how do you run a bank? What do your sims do? How do they make profits??

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 5:27 AM
I might not have put my bank up on my business thread yet, I can't remember. https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561271 I think I was waiting until I could make it a little better. Basically the bank sells money, gold, certificates and money boxes. I have a much larger bank in my older integrated hood with ATM machines and bank books. Although they are coded rather heavily and sims only want to buy bank book after bank book. The piggy banks, safe's and bank books are by PCsims on the graveyard. Kids can save money to the piggy banks and certain things like certificates can increase and decrease in price so a bit like playing on the stock exchange.

~Call me Jo~