Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 6:47 PM
Where can i find *blank* model with Postal?
Ok, i've just downloaded postal and everything else needed, i've used 3dsmax to model before so i know that the modeling is going to be easy but, it would be alot easier for me if i have a 'base' model to start with.

Now i don't know whether or not you can search for the model your looking for or not, but to tell you the truth i have no idea on how people get matching textures and models, or how they even got what they wanted to mod.

Now what i want is a car, it doesn't matter what car it is as long as it actually is a car. I believe in the 'give a man a fish... but if you teach him to fish...' theory, if you could teach me how you found out exactly what the car model and textures are it would be an even greater help.

much happiness yeesnaw
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 6:51 PM
Eww, i just realized, this is in the wrong forum. I can't move it but if a mod could move it for me i would really appreciate it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 11:28 PM
It's not as simple as finding the model mesh in game and exporting it. You can try and find the MLOD file to make mesh changes, but in my opinion it would be quicker to just use S3OC to make your package right away. You will also have to decompile this mesh and get the plugins to import into Milkshape. I do not know if Milkshape can export this to a 3dsmax format and retain the joints.

Please take a look through this tutorial, it will explain all about how to clone, export, mesh, and finish your project.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=375349

Also moving to Meshing.