Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Issue with Pets and Deformity
I am running a Windows 7 PC with the following specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz on stock cooling
GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon 7870 2GB Vortex II w/ factory OC
RAM: DDR3 @ 1333MHz; 12GB total
SSD: Sims 3 is running off of a Samsung 840 Evo; basically negates excessive loading times; my OS where the CC is stored, is another separate Samsung 840 Evo.

This is overkill to play the Sims, but for reference, I can play Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, and Battlefield 3 on Ultra with no problems. My GPU does not exceed 75C in temperature at any time.

To answer the first questions:
I currently have installed every stuff pack, and every expansion packs and have used the Superpatcher to update completely to 1.67. The game was and is running fine, but I am having an issue with the game post-haste the addition of animals.
I currently have installed virtually all NRaas mods, including ErrorTrap, and I run the game with FPSLimiter.
  1. What you were doing before the problem occurred.
    Playing the game in windowed mode so I can do other things while playing. My game was running smoothly and fine until I decided I wanted a pet (large dog).
  2. Exactly what is happening.
    The pets are deforming. They are becoming "noodly," and twisted. It is frightening.
  3. If you are getting an error...
    I was and am getting an error in the form of error output from ErrorTrap related to IdlePosture
    [ Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.IdleManager:ChoosePostureIdle ]
    I realized the error stemmed from Chicken0895's No Idles Ever mod that was not to be used with patch 1.63+, removed it, cleared the caches, and cleared DCBackUp, but oddly, the error persists.
  4. How often the problem happens...
    Everytime the pet goes into an idle posture.
    The pet idles, turns into Cthulhu, and ErrorTrap resets. It is a vicious cycle.
  5. Attempts to fix...
    Removed Chicken0895's No Idles Ever fix due to incompatibility with patch 1.63+.
    Followed the graphics setup on the Wiki. Unfortunately, it seems to be outdated with newer expansions. I have a similar card to the writer, and mine shows up fine.
  6. Graphic Driver?
    I am using 13.12 for the non-deprecated Radeon series cards. (The 13.3 - 14.3 are beta; I only use finals).

In short, my pets are deforming. I believe that, save for my CPU, my PC is overkill for this game and my graphics are certainly not too weak, and I am updated... Is there something I am missing?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:14 PM
This is not a pc spec or graphics issue, as you have already answered the question yourself, it's a CC issue. Aside from deleting the normal cache files have you also deleted the World Cache folder? Checked the Virtual Store location? You can find it here - C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. If you rename the User Files and start the game to regenerate them, start a new game with new sims and test to see if the issue persists or not?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
This is not a pc spec or graphics issue, as you have already answered the question yourself, it's a CC issue. Aside from deleting the normal cache files have you also deleted the World Cache folder? Checked the Virtual Store location? You can find it here - C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. If you rename the User Files and start the game to regenerate them, start a new game with new sims and test to see if the issue persists or not?

Hm, so I found the problem... sort of.

The problem seems to come from XML tuning mods, but I need the mod so I guess I will keep my ... monster furries for now :x