Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I got a little Problem with installing some mods could need some help :D
Hey everyone
First im new here so sry if i post this in the wrong caterogie My Problem is i dont know how to install "Sim" Files , little example This Mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=468420 ive try booth ways that were explained , nothing work there is nothing in the Download Manager or Ingame it seems like i just pack it into the Wrong folder but there is no other way explained how to install a sim file . Ive try to find a solution over google but i found nothing that could really help me .. did someone got a solution ? My Game is with the latest Patch and all Dlc´s Updated and im using windows 8

thanks for Answers :D
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 6:22 PM
The .sim file should go in your "SavedSims" folder:
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims

ETA: Whoops--didn't see that you're on Windows 8. I don't know if that makes a difference in the way items are saved, but that's where the file should go for Windows 7.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Site Helper
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 6:44 PM
I've got Windows 8. You find it in Libraries>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Saved Sims.

(Actually if you open the Properties of a saved sim the file path is exactly the same as Windows 7, but you actually -find- the path by using the Libraries button.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:20 PM
Well Thanks at least that works under windows 8 other mods like Package´s seems like not working under windows 8 -.-" I try all Tutorials with the "mod framework shit" like changing the Rescource cfg but i will not work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:39 PM
Default Installing Package files under windows 8 (not a Framework Problem !!!)
Hey everyone
I got some very Strange Problems with installing Package files there just will not displayed ingame or displayed wrong (Example : Eyes are black or Saved sims looks like chewbacca :D) (Of course i Install all the Mods in the descriptions from each Sim or Mod) if i install mods over the Launcher it works Perfect no Problems , its not a Problem with my Framework i've tried all Rescource.cfg´s and all Tutorials on the Internet i have re installed the game nothing work maybe its because i use windows 8 ? Hope someone could help me (I dont need Tutorials "how to install Framework" they´re all not working)
Thanks for Answers :D

My Rescourse.cfg

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

After i re installed the Game i´ve not installing the latest Patch because i read there can be Problems with mods at the latest Patch (i´ve tried it with the latest Patch too still not work)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:15 PM
Installing mods on Windows 8 is the same as Windows 7 or Vista, there is no difference. There is nothing wrong with the latest patch, in fact, the last 2 did very little to change the game and have no bearing on package files. Clearly you are doing something wrong, you might want to double check those tutorials you dont want posted and see where you have gone wrong.

I've also merged your threads, try keeping to one thread and one area.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 10:53 PM
Could you post screenshots of your TS3 folder and mods folder? Also, which patch are you on at the moment?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:34 PM
Yea i´ve posted some Screenshots from my Ts3 and the mods Folder , Actually i use Patch 1.63.5
http://abload.de/img/screenshot15njlc.png
http://abload.de/img/screenshot2xpkof.png
http://abload.de/img/screenshot34tjt4.png
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 11:39 PM
Just wanted to confirm the problemsTimeless121 is having. I'm having the exact same problem. On my old laptop with windows 7 I never had any problemsand on my new with windows 8 I can't get the game to load any of the packages.

I tries everything:
- replacing the resource file
- deleting cache files
- placing the framework in the program files instead of the documents folders
- trying different patches (currently using the 1.2.7 since the latest makes my game crach for no apparent reason)
- reinstalling multiple times

I also tried all the options the FAQ gave and still no luck. Since I didn't have any problems before it might be a windows 8 problem. In any case just placing the old framework in the documents folder as instructed on this site does NOT work (with windows 8). I'm not all that tech savvy but maybe the resource.cfg needs to be altered?

Are there btw other players using windows 8 who had no problems at all making their mods work?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:01 AM
I have Windows 8.1 and have hundreds of mods. They all work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 2:28 PM
Its seems like that is a Problem with the Uac from windows 8 , Some ppl have Problem with windows 8 and some not ! Im happy to see that this is not a Problem with my Game maybe it will work when we change the Folder Rights Many older games have Problems under Windows 8 some not even work without special Programs or patches , i will try to disable the Uac and change the Owner Rights from the Sims Folder maybe that work
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 5:55 PM Last edited by anarchynow : 23rd Apr 2014 at 9:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Timeless121
Its seems like that is a Problem with the Uac from windows 8 , Some ppl have Problem with windows 8 and some not ! Im happy to see that this is not a Problem with my Game maybe it will work when we change the Folder Rights Many older games have Problems under Windows 8 some not even work without special Programs or patches , i will try to disable the Uac and change the Owner Rights from the Sims Folder maybe that work

Please tell me when you got it to work and what you did because I seem to have the same problem and can't seem to find a solution.

UPDATE: My mods are working hooray! Not sure what happened but I installed the university life expansion pack. Somehow that was enough for the game to recognize my mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:32 PM
Well nice Disabling the Uac will not change anything windows 8 really sucks -.- I think i will go back to windows 7 there are too many Problems with windows 8 ^^

Could you send me a copy of your resource.cfg ? Maybe that will help :x