Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 4:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default Game crashes after patch 1.67
I have been playing with patch 1.57 and the game runs ok, i know i don't have a good graphics card, but my games never crashed.
Since i updated to patch 1.67 , the game crashes after 15 minutes of playing (even in cas). the game minimizes by itself and there is a message on the desktop saying 'sims 3 stopped working'.
I googled around and apparently the system requirements didn't changed since patch 1.57.
what could be causing the crashes? could it be the upadated patch?

i removed all mods and started a new game, and the game still crashes.
I use fps limiter set to 30
my graphics card is ati radeon 3000 (i know it sucks, but i can't afford a new one)
i have 2Gb of ram.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 9:37 PM
We need more information before we can help with your issue.
  • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
    Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
  • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Patch 1.67 was very minimal as far as changing things in game. That shouldn't be the problem. When you removed your CC, did you also delete the cache files? What are your in game options set at? Which games do you have currently installed?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 10:10 PM Last edited by venusprincess100 : 24th Apr 2014 at 10:42 PM.

Quote: Originally posted by mikey
When you removed your CC, did you also delete the cache files?

Yes, i always delete the cache files.

What are your in game options set at?

My game settings is set to high for sims details, edge smoothing and texture detail. I always played with these settings.
I know i have a weak computer but it was never a problem to play sims.

Which games do you have currently installed?

Sims games or general games? For sims 3, i have pets, night life and generations.
For general games, combat arms is also installed.