Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 9:00 AM
Default MaterialGroupings
Hi!
In object cloner (S3OC) there is option to change MaterialGrouping for the object. I guess the grouping tells from which category to offer pattern for the object.
I cloned the "kitchen utensils country" object, and saw that it has:
MaterialGrouping1: cpet
MaterialGrouping2: wood
Game offers wood material for all CASTable parts of the object, which is weird, cause the cpet (probably carpet) is the first option.
If someone really knows how these groups options behaves, and what are the group names (apparently they are not so obvious, like cpet), I would appreciate all available info.
My object really isn't made either wood or carpet, so I really like the change the default category to something else
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 11:42 AM
It's unclear to me what it is you're trying to accomplish for your object. What is it exactly about your object's in-game appearance that you're dissatisfied with?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:24 PM
I'm sorry if I couldn't explain it clearly enough. I mean the default pattern type (carpet, wood, metal, abstract, geometric etc.) which the game uses to show me a few reference styling when I enter the CAST with my object.
It assumes my object is made of wood, and suggest me to use wood type patterns.
The assumption from me is, that I can change that type to Geometry from s3oc, but I'm not sure which are the MaterialGrouping names, besides to wood and cpet. I'm just wondering if they are listed somewhere. I hope this clears a bit. I'm not a native english speaker, and my words sometimes may come out funny
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 1:05 PM
cmomoney wrote a tutorial for that which is in the Sims 3 Wiki. If you can't find it post again and I'll link to it unless someone beats me to it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 1:16 PM
I think I found it
It also seems to have patternlist as attachment, which would become very handy.
Huge thanks to you Orangemittens!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:03 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:09 PM
I'll check that out, thanks HugeLunatic