Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 6:58 PM
Default Defaulting Help?
So, I followed the tutorials on recoloring and they really helped. I liked the recolor I made so much that I made it into a default. It worked as a default and all, but the textures are acting really wacky, can anybody offer any suggestions.

Thank you for your time, BlakeS5678

(Please move if in wrong forum, by the way)

Here are some pictures.

As regular CC

But, as a default

And the texture I'm using.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:03 PM
What's happened is that the alpha channel has been lost... so the transparent parts of the dress (her sleeves, her neck) are missing and are showing up as the bands of blue that you can see in your texture.

The TXTR that you import needs to be a PNG file with transparency. If you exported the TXTR at the beginning of the process (as detailed in this thread, then you could've just altered that PNG file and reimported it with your changes because it would already have the transparent bits. As it stands now, you're going to have to use either the original TXTR file or the alpha BMP file (the one that Body Shop generates) as a template so you can cut out the arm and neck bits before you save the file as a transparent PNG. (It sounds more complicated than it is.)

Let me know if you need more clarification.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:49 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 19th Feb 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Thank you, fakepeeps7! You're my hero sometimes, I'll try that now.

I'll update soon.

Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 12:03 AM
UPDATE: Whew, that took me FOREVER!

Here's the pictures.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:27 AM
Looks like it worked. Yay!