Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:31 PM Last edited by skatyboy : 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:55 PM.
Default My apartment (penthouse) keeps auto cleaning itself at 3AM
Hi guys.

I am playing The Sims 3 with all expansions except Showtime and Supernatural. I am currently using an apartment that I custom made from an existing EA one at Bridgeport.

Every 3 AM, my lot will auto clean itself, just like a normal community lot would! That is quite annoying, as I don't have to clean my toilets (I don't mind it cleaning plates) and the upgrading the toilets don't really make any sense now. I have checked my lot type and it is definitely a Residential lot.

The question I have is: what makes the game think I am in a community lot for it to run an auto cleaning at 3 AM.

N.B. Clean install of TS3, just ported over a bunch of sims from my old game. That's all. There's only the intro skip mod installed, so I am ruling out a mod issue.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skatyboy
Hi guys.

I am playing The Sims 3 with all expansions except Showtime and Supernatural. I am currently using an apartment that I custom made from an existing EA one at Bridgeport.

Every 3 AM, my lot will auto clean itself, just like a normal community lot would! That is quite annoying, as I don't have to clean my toilets (I don't mind it cleaning plates) and the upgrading the toilets don't really make any sense now. I have checked my lot type and it is definitely a Residential lot.

The question I have is: what makes the game think I am in a community lot for it to run an auto cleaning at 3 AM.

Do you have OverWatch installed?
Overwatch has a 3AM alarm where it runs a mess of cleaning commands.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:51 PM
Sounds like you have a mod installed that is performing the cleanup. If you do not want this to happen, check to see which mod is responsible, see if it has settings which you can change, or remove the mod if it really bothers you. A unmodified game does not perform such actions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 8:21 AM
The only mod I have is the intro skip one. There are no other mods installed.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 1:44 PM
Maybe you have public room markers inside your private rooms? You can check this with testingcheatsenabled on, then buydebug on; public room markers then show up as floating silver balls. Rooms with a public room marker are labelled as community areas, and I think that this means they will auto-clean at 3am.

Overwatch, btw, has nothing to do with this; it is an EA function. Overwatch does things that the EA clean-up does not do and doesn't have any influence on the 3am clean-up routine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:54 PM Last edited by skatyboy : 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Maybe you have public room markers inside your private rooms? You can check this with testingcheatsenabled on, then buydebug on; public room markers then show up as floating silver balls. Rooms with a public room marker are labelled as community areas, and I think that this means they will auto-clean at 3am.

Overwatch, btw, has nothing to do with this; it is an EA function. Overwatch does things that the EA clean-up does not do and doesn't have any influence on the 3am clean-up routine.

Wouldn't the marker disable the ability to edit the room and add stuff to it? :\ Do I need to put the public room markers on elevator shafts too?

Just found out that it affects ALL penthouses, regardless of world type or whether the penthouse was premade or custom made. It does not affect normal residential though. :/ Should the lot type be Apartment or Regular Lot?