Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#16751 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
1) Why do so many people around here like Peni's Widespot neighborhood so much?

Because it's awesome?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16752 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:20 PM
Peni being a professional writer and all, I would think she knows how to make a story intriguing. I really admire the way she plays her game, and how she interprets what EA throws at her. If I ever wanted to play a pre-made hood, I'd try Widespot.
Inventor
#16753 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Because it's awesome?

Awesome, eh?

It's the punny names, isn't it?
Mad Poster
#16754 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Awesome, eh?

It's the punny names, isn't it?

The names are fun, yes, but also the background stories (on a 'hood, household and individual level), the appearances (and genes), personalities and behaviours of the residents. Also the enjoyment of being able to share stories, thoughts and pictures related to the 'hood with other people who are playing it. And, something that the EA 'hoods just don't have, with the person who created the 'hood! I love reading Peni's comments on the developments in different Widespots, including my own :-)

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Peni being a professional writer and all, I would think she knows how to make a story intriguing. I really admire the way she plays her game, and how she interprets what EA throws at her.

This. 100% this. I love the way Peni writes, both about her sims and in her actual books. I really enjoy reading about her game - sometimes I feel like I know her Drama Acres sims better than I know my RL relatives, or my own sims! :-D
Top Secret Researcher
#16755 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:04 PM
I'm having trouble converting a house into an 'apartment.' I want my sims to be able to rent the entire house as a whole. I have the apartment door as the (only) front and there are no other doors leading to the outside but when I go into the neighborhood it still says '0 apartment units' and there's no price for it. 'Changelotzoning apartmentbase' is the correct one right? Its not the 'sublot' one?

Is there anything I'm missing?
Mad Poster
#16756 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
I'm having trouble converting a house into an 'apartment.' I want my sims to be able to rent the entire house as a whole. I have the apartment door as the (only) front and there are no other doors leading to the outside but when I go into the neighborhood it still says '0 apartment units' and there's no price for it. 'Changelotzoning apartmentbase' is the correct one right? Its not the 'sublot' one?

That sounds right to me! Is the apartment door facing the right way (i.e. with the mat outside)? When you type in the phrase to convert the lot does the mailbox change from the normal residential one to the big apartment one?
Field Researcher
#16757 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:30 PM
Thanks, simsfreq and abel1980! Sorry it took me so long to write back about the appetizer question!

I'd like to have a playable version of Mrs. Crumplebottom. Is this one safe? If not, what would be the safest way to extract her- would it be exporting her with SimSurgery in SimPE and then making a copy of her in Body Shop?

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Mad Poster
#16758 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
I'd like to have a playable version of Mrs. Crumplebottom. Is this one safe? If not, what would be the safest way to extract her- would it be exporting her with SimSurgery in SimPE and then making a copy of her in Body Shop?

Yes, she is just like any downloadable Sim.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#16759 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 6:20 PM

Apartments can be tricky- from what you said, it's not any of the "obvious" problems, but there's all sorts of other, less common issues that can cause it. If you put a thread up in the "TS2 Creation -> Building" forum and attach a few screenshots, you may be able to find members who spot a less obvious issue that's preventing the apartments from converting correctly!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#16760 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:06 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 21st Aug 2014 at 7:34 PM.
- Temporarily removed, might have figured it out myself -

EDIT: I was going to ask if anyone could figure out why only some in-game photos from old hood would transfer to new hood with new names, but it turns out that my renaming program was doing weird things and adding a letter to the name, so no wonder it didn't show up. I removed the extra letter, and now it works, so it wasn't not working, I was just not being thorough enough
Top Secret Researcher
#16761 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
That sounds right to me! Is the apartment door facing the right way (i.e. with the mat outside)? When you type in the phrase to convert the lot does the mailbox change from the normal residential one to the big apartment one?

I'll triple check but from what I remember it was facing the right way. And yes, it would change into the apartment mailbox. It seemed like a regular apartment lot when I'd go in build mode. (couldn't change much in build mode, etc. )
Mad Poster
#16762 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:13 PM
I'll triple check but from what I remember it was facing the right way. And yes, it would change into the apartment mailbox. It seemed like a regular apartment lot when I'd go in build mode. (couldn't change much in build mode, etc. )

That's strange. Usually if there's a problem it just refuses to convert, it doesn't convert and then not work, I think. I'm kind of out of ideas, I'm afraid - I hope you manage to find out what the problem is!
Mad Poster
#16763 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:18 PM

Delete you cache files and then restart your computer and then restart your game and see what happens.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
#16764 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 12:47 AM
I'm an idiot, I wasn't using the right door lol. I guess there's two similar doors and I thought I had picked the one with the doormat.

Thanks everyone! Everything is working now and my sims are in!
Mad Poster
#16765 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 2:07 AM
Not an idiot - perceptual glitch! I think I know which door it was, too - it's very similar. I'm glad it finally turned out to be something simple.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#16766 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:03 AM
Do sims get memories for actions taken with boolprop?

Pleasantview - Family Tree
Strangetown - Family Tree
Rhinehart - Royal Kingdom Challenge
Mad Poster
#16767 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepyTabby
@Charity

I couldn't find a tutorial, but it's pretty easy to do. I can think of two ways off the top of my head.

Bodyshop Way:
*Export the eyes you want to turn into contacts
*Export something from the category you want the contacts to appear in (many use Full Face makeup, I think)
*Open the eyes' texture and alpha files in your art program, then save over the Full Face makeup
*Load the Full Face makeup project in Bodyshop, check to see it looks good, and import your contacts into the game SimPE Way: (You'll need to know how to use DDS Utilities for this way)
*Make a project in Bodyshop with the Full Face makeup and import it into the game (you don't have to change anything)
*Open the eye file you want to make into contacts in SimPE *Click the texture file to bring it up in Plugin View, then Export it
*Close the file
*Open the Full Face file and bring the texture into Plugin View
*Right-click the image to Build DXT it and open the eye texture you had previously exported, then tweak the settings (I use DXT3, Level 10, Sharpen: None)
*Build the image and then commit it. Then save the file

To make the contacts multi-wearable, you can follow HystericalParoxysm's tutorial. Sorry if I missed something, but that's what I got off the top of my head.

Thanks for that. I managed to do the Bodyshop one.
Mad Poster
#16768 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 7:35 AM
Can farming (a la Seasons) be run as a business on an owned community lot? That is to say; can employees be directed to plant, tend, and harvest plantable crops and orchards, and have the harvest placed in the owner's inventory in the same manner that the products created from a workbench or sewing station are added?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#16769 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Can farming (a la Seasons) be run as a business on an owned community lot? That is to say; can employees be directed to plant, tend, and harvest plantable crops and orchards, and have the harvest placed in the owner's inventory in the same manner that the products created from a workbench or sewing station are added?

http://www.simwardrobe.com/ has under Sims 2 - Objects - Business Facilitators a mod that allows employees to tend gardens and also a produce packing station.
Mad Poster
#16770 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra

Not in the vanilla game, as far as I know, but using Simwardrobe's Employee Gardening Controller it is possible.

I can't give a direct link, but you can find it by going here and then navigating to The Sims 2.... Objects.... Business Facilitators..... Employee Gardening :-)

**ETA** Bah, ninja'd! :-P
Alchemist
#16771 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:41 PM
Is the trailer park safe to use? I half remember something about it being glitched, but I'm not sure Iif that's true.
Mad Poster
#16772 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:49 PM
All the shipped apartments are more or less glitchy, but not in ways that make them dangerous to your game, AFAIK.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16773 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dmrogue
Do sims get memories for actions taken with boolprop?

I think you'll have to be more specific as to what actions you are referring to. Over all I'd say the answer is no, but there may be exceptions.
Top Secret Researcher
#16774 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Is the trailer park safe to use? I half remember something about it being glitched, but I'm not sure Iif that's true.

The one time I tried to use it, the lot would crash as soon as Julien Cooke had finished signing the lease with the landlord, and my game doesn't normally crash.
So I'd say that it's not that it's unsafe, meaning it won't break your hood or what, but there's definitely something wrong with it, I deleted it from my bin.
Maybe it's not everyone, you could back up and give it a try.
Mad Poster
#16775 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 9:36 PM
i know I am using the trailer park at the moment, in Strangetown, with no more problems than any other apartment. A lot probably depends on what you try to do with it.

Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 671 of 1000