Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 8:34 PM
Just take them out. A fix sounding/looking important doesn't necessarily mean that it is. Like JoandSarah found some of them might not even do what they say they do.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:51 PM
13 months, wow, time flies

Anyway, I have a new approach to custom schools that I´d like to share:
My five grade schoolers in Sim Francisco attend the Elftown neighborhood school. Basically I set it up with the Simlogical items, but I plan to make over the lot every sim-day. The idea is that the teacher gathers the students every morning and then they find a nice spot in town where they´ll sit down and have their lessons, just like in ancient days.
So technically they are always the same lot, but it represents another corner of Elftown every day. I may keep some particular nice spots to re-use, as the lot is large enough to allow for this.
The only problem I encountered so far is that when I go into build/buy mode the game sometimes ends school, especially when I activate move_objects. But the kids remain on the lot and using "start school" again makes them selectable again, so it´s not a big deal.

When I play the children´s their households they go to public school normally. So they do their gradework normally while the neighborhood school sees to it that their skills and relationships improve.
Scholar
#78 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:56 PM
I love the Simlogical boarding school for children. Honestly, they just get in the way. They take up floor space and use objects just like adults, yet they can't cook for themselves. Toddlers are fun to watch, kids take up space. So off to boarding school you go, see ya on the weekend! Then when they age up to teen they can GET OUT AND GET A JOB!

I love my Simmy children

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#79 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzyBoo
I love the Simlogical boarding school for children. [...]Then when they age up to teen they can GET OUT AND GET A JOB!

Lol, that´s how I treat my adults: "go to work already, you´ve become uninteresting now that you´ve given me cute children and teens!"
Okay, not all the time, but as a rule of thumb I spend more time playing in the role of the younger ones. Perhaps when I´m an elder in real life and adult become the younger ones in my mind that will change
Field Researcher
#80 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 10:14 PM
I've thought of the boarding school for a similar reason: with the regular school they come home everyday weekday at 3, and unless there's a mod there'd better be an adult or teen around or else they'll get picked up by the social worker. Also, one better have a personal horde of fun/active items around or they'll refuse to do their homework due to boredom, fail grade school, and get taken by the social worker anyway. But then there's also always the option to cheat and age them up early if I want, but for some reason (with both the boarding school and aging them up) something feels wrong about taking away their pixellated childhood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#81 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 10:16 PM
Kids can cook if you use a mod. They can also fish and grow crops.

Children who attend prep school don't have homework. For fun all you need is a friend and that can be a parent. Red hands is free and fast and one of the quickest fun building things sims can do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 4 of 4