Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2014 at 6:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default cc sliders work but not some original ones
I installed extra sliders to my game, I have base game, WA, LN, & Seasons, updated to 1.67.2.024001 with NRass_mastercontroller

so here's my issue. when I have the sliders in game, some of the original sliders don't work. such as :
*shape face line
jaw shape
jaw line width
jaw height
jaw depth
jaw underbite
Jaw width (this is the only one that works) sliders / mod in game.

* = CC
here is a list of the sliders that I have
brow thickness
chin width
chinwidth
eye length
eye stretch
eye width
eyebrow outer corner height
eyebrows distance
jaw line width
jonha_sliders base
jonha_sliders butt size
jonha_sliders breast size
jonha_sliders calf size
jonha_sliders chest size
jonha_sliders head shape
jonha_sliders head shape hair fix
jonha_sliders head size
jonha_sliders hip size
jonha_sliders neck size
jonha_sliders shoulder size
jonha_sliders thigh size
jonha_sliders waist size
lower lip height
lower nose height
middle upper lip width
neck height
nose tip height
shoulder height
tts-slider1
uppear lip height
upper lip corners width
yuu_bridgeofNose_width
yuu_shape face line

I tested with just the jonha sliders and it worked fine. when I took them out and put some others in the sliders worked but some of the jaw sliders didn't, and I only had 1 added jaw slider. I have also tried this with awesomemod as well but have the same issue. I have noticed that the version of the master controller that i'm using isn't for my patch, But there isn't one available for it....Could this be what is causing my issue, or is it something that I've done wrong.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 13th May 2014 at 6:59 AM
You need a mod to increase the number of sliders the game can load in CAS. Without it, you get this effect of jaw sliders not working. Master Controller will do this, but with MC base module alone you get the MC version of CAS only when you click on the sim in-game and do 'Edit in CAS'. To get the modified CAS in Edit Town mode you need to also install the MC Integration module. You didn't say which way you're using CAS, but maybe this is your problem.

The latest version of Master Controller is for patch 1.66-1.67, and Integration is for 1.63-1.67, so I'm not sure why you say it's not for your game patch version.

It's strange that you'd have this problem with AwesomeMod installed since it also increases the number of sliders, I believe.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2014 at 2:01 PM
right I have both mc controller and integration and at this point I'm just using it in regular old CAS, not the edit from town, and the reason I wasn't sure if it was my patch is bc the mc version is 1.66 and my patch is 1.67. If I try awesome mod again do I need to go the custom route and choose 5x sliders?

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You need a mod to increase the number of sliders the game can load in CAS. Without it, you get this effect of jaw sliders not working. Master Controller will do this, but with MC base module alone you get the MC version of CAS only when you click on the sim in-game and do 'Edit in CAS'. To get the modified CAS in Edit Town mode you need to also install the MC Integration module. You didn't say which way you're using CAS, but maybe this is your problem.

The latest version of Master Controller is for patch 1.66-1.67, and Integration is for 1.63-1.67, so I'm not sure why you say it's not for your game patch version.

It's strange that you'd have this problem with AwesomeMod installed since it also increases the number of sliders, I believe.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th May 2014 at 3:58 PM
It's not 5x sliders - that controls how far you can drag the sliders beyond the default in either direction. It's the other slider option that's relevant.

Do the sliders work if you use MC's edit in CAS option? Have you checked that the MC extra sliders option is turned on?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2014 at 3:51 AM
I just checked it and it doesn't work if I play from the town. my edit sim just give the option to change hair and make-up - so clearly i'm not doing something right.

Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It's not 5x sliders - that controls how far you can drag the sliders beyond the default in either direction. It's the other slider option that's relevant.

Do the sliders work if you use MC's edit in CAS option? Have you checked that the MC extra sliders option is turned on?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th May 2014 at 4:56 AM
I got it working, thanks for the help guys.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 3:23 AM
Default Jaw sliders
Quote: Originally posted by HopelessBromantic
I got it working, thanks for the help guys.

Can you tell me how you got it to work? Mine is doing the same thing.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by addi0756
Can you tell me how you got it to work? Mine is doing the same thing.
I've been having the same problem, How did you fix it?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You need a mod to increase the number of sliders the game can load in CAS. Without it, you get this effect of jaw sliders not working. Master Controller will do this, but with MC base module alone you get the MC version of CAS only when you click on the sim in-game and do 'Edit in CAS'. To get the modified CAS in Edit Town mode you need to also install the MC Integration module.

Quoting for the above two posters who are still having issues. If your jaw sliders aren't working after installing new custom sliders, this is your problem, and the fix. ^^^^

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.