Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can do the same for produce, but everything else costs money, plus it can be argued that produce and fish cost time.

Actually on second thought even produce takes more money as you need fruit tress (expensive) garden plots and compost bins/or fertilizer.

I downloaded paladins produce packing station and using it to run a little venue for fresh produce at the farmer's home. He doesnt belong to the garden club yet, but during the harvet season, he rakes in 20,000 simoloens after his inventory is sold off. And maybe spends like 1,500 to 2,000 to grow. So produce can be quite profitable.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:51 AM
Om man, I haven't had a business in a long time. This is off topic, but my very first business was a baby store with toys, furniture, and accessories. I didn't realize you could buy at wholesale so I was buying out of the catalog like normal, and my sim was literally making 1 simoleon on every item sold. After I got the hang of it (and my sim got gold badges in sales and cashiering) I sold that business and opened a car dealership. The only thing for sale were the two most expensive maxis cars. There was a poker table on the lot and a grill outside. After the townies would buy 2 or 3 cars each, they would chill at the poker table or grill outside and just give away customer loyalty stars. My sim really didn't have to do anything. She'd make about 50 grand a day and her business would rise up 1 or 2 levels.
Theorist
#28 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:11 AM
I have a venue business. It has two bowling alleys, two hot tubs, a dorm fridge, an espresso machine (just the kind that goes on the kitchen counter, not the kind that spawns a barrista that you have to pay), and a bathroom with two stalls and one sink. It has a buff, elegant owner who quite enjoys getting in the hot tub naked. The money just makes itself, especially on Swimsuit Bowling Night! :D

On a more serious note, the bowling alleys and hot tubs are high-Fun and high-Social items and sims will stay on them til they get hungry, tired or in need of the potty. The venue has potties, free espresso, and a fridge that doles out free instant meals (since there is no counter or stove, sims can't make anything more elaborate than a pull-out-and-done meal), so there's no real reason to go home. The owner doesn't have much to do either -- clean up the instant meal cans, clean the toilets, and do friendly socials (chat, tell joke, etc.) with the customers. No employees are needed, since there's nothing to sell, craft, ring up, or restock. (Most sims will buy a ticket on their own with no sales interaction, at least there.) It didn't make a lot of money at the beginning, but it was always in the green. At Level 10 it makes money hand over fist, and that's with only Average admittance cost. Mrs. C does sow up, but she loves to bowl, and once a lane opens up, that's where she is, throwing strikes until closing time and not bothering anyone. Poker tables have the same effect on her, I've been told.

Swimsuit Bowling Night is entirely imaginary, based on sims' tendency to go between hot tub and bowling alley without changing, but could be forced with mods.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Theorist
#29 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:48 AM
I had a sim buy a 1x1 lot with a deli. She sold lunch meat sandwich, grilled cheese, chili and mac n cheese at cheap. She got to level 4 fairly easy. Customers came at a decent rate, not too fast so she could run the register and restock while a few shopped. Luckily I saved at one point, she was rank 4 and ready to close shop when 1 last person came in. The game just closed down, no crash or warning. I'm not sure what happened but at least it wasn't a big loss. What level does the review sim show up? Haven't seen one yet.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:36 AM
They can show up at any level, and often do soon after opening while you are at level 0 or 1.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#31 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:30 PM
When I got back in game the reviewer showed up. She got a great review, forgot what it's called. Then I had another sim with a small pizza place but used the ticket tron thingy. The first customer, and his first simoleon was from the same reviewer. He left without doing anything. He's easy enough to recognize, has shocking red hair. Just finished a 3rd business but it hasn't been sold yet. I didn't realize how much fun businesses can be. Pretty much all I had played was the glitched ones, before finding out they were glitched.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:49 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 5th Sep 2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Fix error
Review Sim doesn't always look the same. But they are easy to recognize because they go around writing on a clip board. From my experience, they also always come in being confused, so if I haven't been reviewed yet, I keep an eye on everyone that I used the "how can I help you"-interaction on to spot if they go around writing. And if I see they do, I make sure to pay extra attention to that Sim.
Theorist
#33 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:01 AM
If you have a venue business, you can spot the reviewer by the fact that they never stop and think about buying a ticket -- they just march right up and take one, decisively.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:13 AM
One thing I've noticed about reviewers is they pick the worst outfit possible lol, well mine always do.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2