Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:21 AM
Default Sims 3 Doesn't Work On Windows 8
When i start the game, on the main screen it says graphic video card error. And the game runs really slow. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:25 AM
thats a graphcis problem then...not a windows 8 problem...i have windows 8...been using it for over a year now...game runs fine
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:28 AM
Well how do i fix it then?
dodgy builder
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:49 AM
Try help in the menu above, lots there about different game problems. You may have to buy a new card, but post there instead.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 4:07 PM
I have Windows 8.1 and no problems. Ask HP to move your thread to help.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Instructor
#6 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleFlower123
When i start the game, on the main screen it says graphic video card error. And the game runs really slow. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You need to update your VGA driver.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 10:16 PM
I've never had issues with Windows 8, it can almost be less buggy in some regards. It likely has to do with your graphics or your video card. I got a message when I first installed my game saying that "My video card was not found in our database", but I adjusted the graphics to lower settings as well as the resolution, and it works completely fine.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:05 PM
never had issues either, ran fine on my laptop till i accidentally nuked the hard drive.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by devicemodder1
never had issues either, ran fine on my laptop till i accidentally nuked the hard drive.

OUCH!

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...