Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:40 AM
Another World?
so this another or even possible world to add in your game. I think this is a another world bundle like something we download in TS3 store or maybe like barnacle bay co'z reverview is already included in the base game(Willow Creek[Sunset Valley] Oasis Spring[Riverview]) but here it is you can read this full article at HoneySims4News
well any thought about this??

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:05 AM
So what exactly is the topic of this thread? Guessing whether it will be free or not? We will see in a few days. If it's nice? Unique, as the only not based in the USA-like environment. IMO, the more, the better. Additional lots are always welcome, given that there are only ~25 of them per world.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:21 AM
I don't know if they are going to spice it on us

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
dodgy builder
#4 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:16 AM
In my eyes the interesting worlds comes from the community, not EA.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
I don't know if they are going to spice it on us
Spice? Now I'm thinking of Dune.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Spice? Now I'm thinking of Dune.

The DLC must flow.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:23 AM
Eh, I'd imagine if it is coming out it will be as DLC/Store content. Probably released half way between now and the first expansion pack, sort of like Barnacle Bay. Most of the Store worlds for The Sims 3 had a unique theme/setting compared to the worlds introduced in the EP's, which are usually just small, typical US towns.

Not sure what to make of the graphics in those pictures. They look pretty awful and the decorative buildings remind me of the background ones in Urbz; fine for an old PS2 game, not for a fourth generation PC game. Might just be a draft of the world though.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:42 AM
I would love a world like that, it sort of reminds me of Veronaville. I usually like worlds that are a little bit different but not too themed, as that limits the gameplay (for example, I like Roaring Heights, but without serious adjusting, I feel limited to 'retro' families).

Maybe this town could be a free download after you register your copy, like Riverview for TS3? Just an idea. It would be nice if they gave us something for free, considering the lack of other features and the high price of the game. Though EA will probably want to cash in on everything...
Scholar
#9 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:47 AM
I thought the desert world was the free download for registering.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:18 PM
No, the desert world (Oasis Springs) is part of the base game.

The pictures above from the Honeywell link are early concept artworks for Willow Creek. Read so on SimsVIP

See here:
http://simsvip.com/2014/08/31/the-s...f-willow-creek/
and here:
http://simsvip.com/2014/08/31/the-s...pt-art-screens/

It does not make it impossible that there might be a third world in the base game which we don't know about yet, but I am pretty sure, EA would have announced it by now, if there were a third world.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PiercedEye
It does not make it impossible that there might be a third world in the base game which we don't know about yet, but I am pretty sure, EA would have announced it by now, if there were a third world.

Looking at the images above, the more likely situation is that this world was not finished for launch, and it's being released as either a Day 1 DLC or a registration incentive.
Alchemist
#13 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:30 PM
Oasis Springs is not DLC and it's defenetly not Riverview
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Looking at the images above, the more likely situation is that this world was not finished for launch, and it's being released as either a Day 1 DLC or a registration incentive.

To me, some of the images look more like concept art than real screens.
Of course, I too hope that a reworked version of these makes a third world als Day 1 DLC.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Oasis Springs is not DLC and it's defenetly not Riverview

I really wish you wouldn't have mentioned Oasis Springs (which I though was one the 300 dlc-worlds for Sims 3, but I guess I meant Hidden Springs ) , making me google for it and stumbling about the thesims.com, German version ... and I quote:

Quote:
translated (....) which means: You'll find objects in Oasis Springs that you can't find in Willow Creek and likewise. Let's pretend you want to to cook a tasty veggie soup. In Oasis Spring you'll find potatoes, but to get onions, you will have to go to Willow Creek.

You'll have travel all over the world to cook a veggie soup. With such exotic ingredients as potatoes. And Onions.

Ok, I guess I had an accident and I'm in a coma and I'm only making this up in my weird, fever-ridden dreams.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake

You'll have travel all over the world to cook a veggie soup. With such exotic ingredients as potatoes. And Onions.

Um, what? You can't buy groceries? Either by going to the store or magic Sims 3 home delivery (how I imagine the fridge is stocked in Sims 3)?

I can see having them available wild only in one world or another. And exotic WA foods were only available in those worlds (yeah, thinking Sims 3, never did the gardening activity in Sims 2). But last I checked, potatoes and onions were not horribly exotic. Anywhere, these days.

But I'll admit that I like the idea that having your Sims travel to the other world(s) is a commonplace and hopefully bug-free activity.