Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 9:04 PM
Default My Version of the City Building Challenge (OFB)
Your new Sims city is going to be like an economy. The hardest part is trying to create as much businesses and job's for your family's, and making the people in your city happy as possible. How will that happen? Well, they need a good Mayor. A Mayor with a great reputation, and that is hard working to make their city better is a good Mayor.

Starting the challenge~

1. Make a new and empty neighborhood to start fresh. Next, create a sim. Make an Adult, female or male. That will be your Mayor. Name your Mayor's last name after the neighborhoods name. Your Mayor can have any aspiration (I highly suggest the Fortune, Popularity, or Pleasure). If you want to make your Mayor more scandalous, a Romance aspiration will do .

2. Move your Mayor into a fairly big home. Next, cheat your Mayor into level 10 political career. Give your mayor at least One Million simoleons. You can download or make a house, but your Mayor should have a study room.

3. Now prepare your businesses. Before you want people coming, you need businesses and job's for them (less poverty rates). Like in the title, you need OFB. Make empty lots that represent your Mayor's businesses.

4. The mayor must buy the businesses. Make shop's such as groceries, clothing, furniture, etc. Things that your citizens need. Hire NPC's as cashier's, sellers, and more importantly hire a manager. Managers are the people in charge. The mayor must do weekly check in's on their businesses (Phone ---> Business --->Check in on Business).

5. Start moving in families in your city. The Mayor must talk and gain their reputation with the families. Your mayor needs to gain a good reputation, so your Mayor must talk and have a relationship with her citizens.

Challenge: Raise a good reputation with the sim's in your city, raise the population, and make your city a better place. You are going to make the sims here feel like they never want to leave!

Once your Mayor has or adopted children, you must only pick one to be the next Mayor of your city. Once your Mayor retires, the next child takes the house, and own's the businesses. If your Mayor doesn't have children, you have failed. Your Mayor must have children. The other children that wasn't picked to be the Mayor will still be wealthy, but will not be the mayor unless the sibling dies while still an adult.

15 point's for every Business the Mayor buy's.
5 point's for every party thrown by the Mayor.
10 point's for every family.
5 point's for every friend the Mayor makes.
20 point's for every baby born from the Mayor.
30 point's for every generation from the Mayor.
20 point's for every Burglar caught.

Negatives:

-5 points for every miscarriage in the Mayor's family.
-10 points for Repo Man (For all the families)
-20 point's for every burglar getting away.
-30 point's for a visit from the Social Worker (From all the families)
-5 point's for a Disaster party thrown by the Mayor.
-10 point's for every enemy the Mayor makes.

The Objective is to make a huge thriving city with many generations to come!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:05 AM
is there a clear-cut stopping point? or did I miss it?

"If it's in you, it's got to come out."
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XiaXiang001
is there a clear-cut stopping point? or did I miss it?

It's either stop when you want or when everyone is dead I guess.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 9:56 AM
Thanks for your reply

"If it's in you, it's got to come out."
Simblr