Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:52 PM
19 Kids and Counting Challenge
BACKSTORY: When you you were in high school you and your boyfriend/ girlfriend always loved to watch 19 Kids and Counting together since it was both of your guys' favorite show. You two always loved watching them embark on life's adventures with their kids. Your significant other always thought that the idea of having that big of a family was horrible and he just watched the show because he loved the chaos and thought it was funny. You on the other hand liked the show because you dreamed of one day having a big family like this. Soon when you two became young adults you convinced your lover to start a big family with you and they agreed hoping this would not be too hard of a task.

Getting Started:
Create a sim-
Make a married couple in Create-A-Sim ( must be YAs)
I would suggest giving them these traits
Male-
Family-Oriented
Friendly
Nurturing(if you have Generations)
1 skill trait
Rest can be anything you want
Female-
Family-Oriented
Friendly
Nurturing(if you have Generations)
1 skill trait
Rest is up to you

Housing
I would suggest buying an empty lot because if you are gonna have a maximum of 6 kids in the house you are going to need room for expanding but hey you are the one doing this challenge so it is up to you
If you do build your own house or even if you are just buying a premade one try and get a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house

RULES:
Try and have 19 kids in as few generations
If you fail to have all 19 kids in the first generation you must continue with the oldest kid in the household.(can be any gender)

Aging rules:
Infants may be aged up immediately. You can also wait for the game to age them up.
Toddlers can be aged up after they have learned to walk, talk, and use the potty. You can also wait for the game to age them up.
Children and teens can be aged up once they have A's in school. You can also wait for the game to age them up.
Young adults can be moved out or they can stay and help take care of the kids, your decision.

Scoring:
+20 if you manage to have all 19 kids in the first generation
+10 if you complete this challenge in two generations
+5 if it takes any more generations to complete this
+1 for every trait you get to choose
-2 if your heir has the Hates Children trait (which would mean that you would have to pick the second oldest child to continue this challenge)

That's all! Have fun!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 8:24 AM
With Master Controller and Portrait Panel you can keep all the children in the house. Also, is fertility treatment allowed?
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:36 AM Last edited by Netti876 : 25th Nov 2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Want to add extra info
Will Try!
I just won't bother about the points... :P
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:26 AM
Sounds interesting,I might do it later,after I'm done with my current challenge(which I've just started meep.) with two female sims so double the pregnancy? XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
With Master Controller and Portrait Panel you can keep all the children in the house. Also, is fertility treatment allowed?

Yes you may use fertility treatment
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 6:03 PM
This seems like an awesome challenge I am definitely going to try this
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 4:09 AM
Can't wait to start this tonight!
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2015 at 10:05 AM
I'm doing a version of this, but I'm also going to use the names that the Duggars have.

The version I'm doing, is that the Duggar kids are gen 3, and are cousins with the Bates, and my main pair are going to have 16 kids (already have 4) I'm also adding in baby 20, because I have OCD, and need to have an even amount :D
Banned
#9 Old 8th May 2015 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anniemariekarma
I'm doing a version of this, but I'm also going to use the names that the Duggars have.

Damn it, I thought you said the Duggarts.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 5:39 PM
19 kids is quite easy I know this from experience doing to 100 baby challenge and the A-Z challenge. I got 20 kids done without adopting in the A-Z legacy. But this still seems like a really fun challenge.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Damn it, I thought you said the Duggarts.
Haha, I typed that actually, until I realized it was wrong.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 7:11 PM
I'm going to try this!