Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 27th Jul 2016 at 8:07 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] Missing Pleasure Aspiration icon.
Something strange happened in my game recently:

As you can see, the Pleasure Aspiration icon is missing in the neighborhood view for some reason. All the sims with this aspiration seems to being affected by this glitch and isn't just in this hood, I tried to create a Pleasure sim in other hood and the same problema happened. However, when I'm in the lot view, the icon appears as usual.

The most strange of all this:

1) I don't think it's hack/mod related, as I started the game without any CC and this glitch was still there.
2) Doesn't seems to be neighborhood corruption, this neighborhood is brand new and I didn't anything "harmful" (like deleting sims or tombstones) and, as I said, it happens in other neighborhoods as well. I used the Mootilda's Hood Checker and the only warning that it finds is 4 sims with no character files, which I believe it's because of the Multi-PT Hack, as this warning appears even if I create a new empty neighborhood.
3) I also don't think it's game corruption, the only change in the game files I made was deleting the stealth hood templates and replacing them with those empty ones.

It's just a minor annoyance and, by now, it doesn't affects the gameplay at all. So, I could just ignore it and play the game as usual? Or I should back up the "The Sims 2" folder in my documents and reinstall the game just in case?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:54 PM
Do you have UC? See if there's a repair option in Origin. If you have disks, try replacing the objects.package.

Things like this are often (though not always) related to the game losing the internal coding link to whatever-it-is that's missing.

I'd try those options first and see if it fixes it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:06 PM
I have the UC and repairing the game through Origin worked fine.

I'll back up the objects.package files in case this happens again.

Thanks, maxon!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 10:47 PM
Excellent

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 11:10 PM
I would also advise not using cc or registry cleaners (antivirus, yes, but without the extra functions) - sometimes they delete some of the dll files needed for the game and you may find yourself repairing and repairing for eternity