Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 2:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blank "Want" slots?
Ok I know this is going to sound really stupid, and maybe it is my fault for being lazy... but I have a single daddy sim (actually my boyfriend in real life lol) and his toddler daughter living on a lot. Daddy sim doesn't really have all this time to potty train, teach to walk and talk, so I used the insimenator object on the child and as I assume, all went well.

I dont think it did go well. I noticed that after the baby's wants were fulfilled (daddy hold the baby, tickle baby, play with baby, etc) the want slots WERE BLUE. as in blank, as in not refreshing, nothing showed in there, NOTHING.

I didn't save, and quit the game immedaitely thinking i had done some irreparable damage that could be undone by just quitting and not saving. Anybody ever see this before? Do I need a patch? I have all the expansion packs and everything and the game swears it's up to date.

I also had a problem with sending my teens to college using the phone or computer. I could get scholarships and stuff but they wouldn't move out. Odd.

Let's just pretend I know what I'm doing... when we all know I don't!!
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:01 PM
For the college problem: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=192421

For the blank wants slot; I also had this happen to some toddlers. It should be fine when they grow into a child.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:03 PM
I've had it happen to sims of all ages as well. I don't know what causes it, but it seems harmless. Eventually when wants are re-rolled, they'll get something new in them,

You can force a re-roll via the insimenator too, I believe.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 5:25 PM
Or by control-clicking the want.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Or by control-clicking the want.

I think that only works with the testing cheats enabled.

Think of the solution, not the problem. --Zedd
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drahkk

You are right Drahkk
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drahkk

D'oh, thanks Drahkk! You can tell I play in permanent debug mode!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 9:05 AM
I've forced rerolls several times via the inseminator. Nothing. It seems harmless but man is it annoying. I thought that I'd borked my game or something.

Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 12:39 PM
Have you tried just letting them sleep and waking up normally for the wants to reroll?

One family I had this issue with the sim would just never get a want in that slot. Then I realized I was never letting them sleep and kept boosting their energy. After they went to bed properly and slept for a night, getting up fixed it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 3:06 PM
I suppose that's worth a try... but it's not even nighttime yet. However I suppose toddlers do ocassionally get sleepy...lol

Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 3:15 PM
You have insim, just make the energy drop to 25% with the motive monitor
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 8:31 PM
OooOooO... Yesh! I will try that!

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
I've had it happen to sims of all ages as well. I don't know what causes it, but it seems harmless. Eventually when wants are re-rolled, they'll get something new in them,

You can force a re-roll via the insimenator too, I believe.

It dosen't always work.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 6:29 PM
The game doesn't always have something to put in the wants panel. It will eventually reroll them. Try going to a community lot or on a date or something. You'll find they reroll quickly enough then.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 10:02 PM
Epierc32 stop resurrecting 10 year old threads.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 10:06 PM
Yes, for us oldsters it gets confusing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 1:56 PM
Let him resurrect stuff in peace! I for one appreciate seeing active posts with answers by Pescado or Discordkitty :lovestruc
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 5:17 PM
Well ****.
I killed off a Sim a couple of months ago for this, thinking there was a serious bug...

RIP Linde Mellon. I might resurrect her to a zombie because I hardly ever play zombies.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 10:19 PM
@gazania this is a ten year old necro'd thread, I am guessing that's why the disagrees.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 10:28 PM Last edited by gazania : 27th Jul 2016 at 8:19 AM.
I left this post here so joandsarah77 would not appear to be commenting about nothing.

No reason for me to prattle on about this. Hopefully, I fixed the problem. If not, there seems to be just one more thing I could try. I did all the usual fixes (and I certainly looked for fixes!), but those did not work. I'll keep that one fix in mind for a while, though. Hopefully, I will not have this happen to me again.

All previous posts have been deleted, and I will post no more on this thread.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.