Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 10:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Vacation Lot in Build Mode ONLY
So, I took my Sim on vacation (The Sims 2 Bon Voyage), and then all of a sudden their lot is in build mode only. The Sim is nowhere to be seen, and I cannot select the live Sim mode on the lot. This happened after I took this Sim from a paid hotel to their own lot in the same vacation destination.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:05 PM
Does the lot have a mail box?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Does the lot have a mail box?

Yes, I believe so.
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 4:49 AM
Check to see if your sim is actually checked out of the hotel, sometimes it doesn't check them out correctly.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 5:23 AM
Okay, because having no letter box on a lot will do exactly that- make a sim invisible with the lot in buy and build mode.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 2:07 PM
@ joandsarah77: Yes, I've just verified that I do have a mailbox.

@ Duine: I've exited to the vacation neighbourhood to make sure that my Sim was not still checked in to the hotel, and they are not still checked in to the hotel.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 2:55 PM
You will have to use a teleporter on another lot and move them in.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 4:25 PM
You will have to use a teleporter on another lot and move them in.

How do I do that?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 11:21 PM
You don't have a teleporter? I see BV is your highest EP? Go over to simlogical and download the cat teleporter. http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...Teleporters.htm you will want the second one if you don't have AL. Load up a family in the main hood that knows your missing sim, have them click the telporter, find her name and teleport her to the lot. Once on the lot find the option on the teleporter to move them into their lot. Once moved in you can move them back out. You may or may not be able to move them back into their old home. It depends what the game sees and how glitched things are. if that teleporter doesn't have the option to move in you may need a different one or use testing cheats. I use the AL telporter so I don't know what all the options are on lower EP items.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:18 AM
Once I download the teleporter, then what? It's a zip file. If you don't mind, I need step-by-step instructions. I don't see a teleporting shrub anywhere.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:42 AM
You download it, unzip it, place it in your download folder. In game you will find it-probably in miscellaneous for $1, you place it and click it and select the sim off the list of names. The sim appears, click the telporter and find the move in option. Again I have not used this lower level telporter so I can't tell you if that option is for sure on there I use the AL version and I know it has the option. Do not teleport in default NPC sims or click on any weird options. If you download the cat it might show under sculpture.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 12:47 AM
My computer's downloads folder or a folder elsewhere? It's not working from my computer's downloads folder.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:13 AM
Don't you have any downloads for your game? You really need to have the essential fix mods in place to help safe guard your hoods and game. Are you fully patched?

You go Documents> EA Games> The Sims 2. Open that and see if you have a downloads folder. If not make one. Spell it Downloads, capital D ending in s, if you spell it differently the game wont recognize it. Open your download folder, right click and make a new folder and call that one mods or hacks. The name on folders inside doesn't matter. Place the file in that folder.

Do you know about corruption? Keeping your game running well means avoiding corrupting actions and having the essential mods in place.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...Hood_Corruption Read over, scroll down near the end for the essential mod list. They need to be downloaded, extracted and placed in the mod folder.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:16 AM
Don't you have any downloads for your game? You really need to have the essential fix mods in place to help safe guard your hoods and game. Are you fully patched?

You go Documents> EA Games> The Sims 2. Open that and see if you have a downloads folder. If not make one. Spell it Downloads, capital D ending in s, if you spell it differently the game wont recognize it. Open your download folder, right click and make a new folder and call that one mods or hacks. The name on folders inside doesn't matter. Place the file in that folder.

Do you know about corruption? Keeping your game running well means avoiding corrupting actions and having the essential mods in place.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...Hood_Corruption Read over, scroll down near the end for the essential mod list. They need to be downloaded, extracted and placed in the mod folder.

Thank you for all of your help. I'm running a Mac, so I don't know how to find the folders for Sims.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:21 AM
Do you have that file path? Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2? You would have a search function, perhaps trying The Sims 2 in there. I know very little about Mac's. I do know you would still have or can make a download folder.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:32 AM
Do you have that file path? Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2? You would have a search function, perhaps trying The Sims 2 in there. I know very little about Mac's. I do know you would still have or can make a download folder.

Unfortunately when I search "The Sims 2" all that comes up is the app. Maybe someone with a Mac can chime in here?

Thank you so much for your help so far. Your advice has been great!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:47 AM
When in fail Google.

Quote:
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac:Users\(Your User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\

According to that you should have the same path.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:18 AM
When in fail Google.
According to that you should have the same path.

Unfortunately, I'm failing to find that pathway. I don't see it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 3:36 AM
Maybe post a screenshot of what it looks like because you have to have these things.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 1:36 PM
Maybe post a screenshot of what it looks like because you have to have these things.

This is what I've got:
Within that, there is only The Sims 2 (no folders, just the actual game).
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 4:53 AM
If you have the UC, the path will probably be something along the lines of Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. That said, I'm not sure if the UC is available on Macs...

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:15 AM
No they are on a Mac, the UC is only for PC.

I'm confused by what you mean breec.. Under Documents you see a Sims 2 folder with no folders inside of it?

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#23 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 6:00 AM
breec, double-click that Documents folder. It should open to show you an EA Games folder. Double-click that to find a The Sims 2 folder inside EA Games. Then you may or may not have a Downloads folder inside the The Sims 2 folder. If not, Command-Shift-N will create a new folder which must be named Downloads. Then you unzip the downloaded file and move its contents into the Downloads folder. This is not the same Downloads folder that's next to Documents when you open your HD icon.

Hope this helps. Where in the buy/build catalog you find the teleporter cat, I have no idea, because I use something else to teleport sims in.

If the teleporter cat doesn't work, the SimBlender does have a BV-compatible version and it will let you teleport sims in, but click Enable Summon Menu first or you won't find that option.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 6:20 AM
I already told him that though; the path to take. He says he doesn't have it. Maybe it's in another area on a Mac. We really need a mac user to come help.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 7:48 PM
Thank you both for all of your help. The problem is that Mac doesn't have a similar file-path to PC. If I click on Documents, all I see are the literal documents that I have created and use. Nothing to do with programs.

I don't so much as have an EA Games folder anywhere, so far as I can tell. All I have is The Sims 2 the app. All files associated with the game are hidden somewhere, but I don't know where to find them. A Mac user popping in here would be a great help!
Page 1 of 2