Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 8:34 PM
Default Flattening the ground under lots
I always thought it to be impossible, but maybe I am simply not aware of how to do it...

Let's say I've got a great lot in the game, but the ground is horribly uneven. I want to flatten it, yet it doesn't work, because you can only flatten the ground on which nothing is built on (with the flattening tool). Is there a way, short of destroying the whole building and re-building it anew?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:18 PM
First, backup in case this doesn't work. Then, type in the cheat:
boolprop constrainFloorElevation false

Now you should be able to flatten the ground underneath the building using the flatten tool.

Be sure to turn CFE back on when you're done.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:20 PM
I'm assuming you'd have to use the CFE cheat (boolprop constrainfloorelevation true/false) but unfortunately I'm not very familiar with how this particular build cheat works.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 3:11 PM
Thanx, I'm going to try and flatten that lot once I start up the game again. If it works, it will be a dream come true
Site Helper
#5 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 3:21 PM
We're assuming that you are just trying to flatten the ground under the building, and not the lot edges. You need a special program to flatten the edges.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 3:24 PM
Hello there! This might not be the right place to ask this, but I need a quick response! Thing is I just downloaded a pretty house from here and I'd like to live there, but do I have to buy that house in game in order to use it? I thought it would be mine already...It's so expensive!I'm sorry I'm new :P
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 4:14 PM
Well, it's got nothing to do with flattening the ground, so no, this isn't the right place at all. And I take it you're new to the game as well as the site from the nature of the question. All the lots are "yours," in the sense of "you the player," but you've got multiple playable sims (even if you only ever choose to play one), so how could the sim live in it if he doesn't move in, which automatically entails buying it? You have a couple of options: either go into the house in build mode and take out or replace furniture, wallpaper, etc., until it's affordable, which presumably will make it less pretty, or use a cheat to give your sim enough money to buy it.

You probably need to read the gameplay guides and the brochures that came with your games before you try to play seriously; and I recommend a period of experimentation. And lurk on the boards for awhile so you can have better net manners next time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 10:46 AM
Thanx, the CFE cheat has perfectly worked!
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 9:31 AM
Another question, not related to flattening the ground, but related to the CFE cheat:

Is it possible to use it to elevate or lower the ground? Since the name suggests that there are no "elevation constraints", I thought that maybe somehow you can mold the ground fully to your liking this way... What I mean is molding it with the lot still being placed on it, of course, as it's perfectly possible to elevate or lower the ground otherwise.

For example, if I have a beach lot with the building that gets flooded because of land being a little low, what am I supposed to do after activating this cheat to elevate the building a little? If that's possible, of course, maybe I'm dreaming, and this cheat isn't so useful
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Another question, not related to flattening the ground, but related to the CFE cheat:

Is it possible to use it to elevate or lower the ground? Since the name suggests that there are no "elevation constraints", I thought that maybe somehow you can mold the ground fully to your liking this way... What I mean is molding it with the lot still being placed on it, of course, as it's perfectly possible to elevate or lower the ground otherwise.

For example, if I have a beach lot with the building that gets flooded because of land being a little low, what am I supposed to do after activating this cheat to elevate the building a little? If that's possible, of course, maybe I'm dreaming, and this cheat isn't so useful

Yes, that's what it can do precisely. However, if the land-raising you do under the lot is not even, it will distort the floors of the house above. Do not panic though because with the cheat turned on, you can go up a level and flatten the floors again (you'd need to do this for every level going upwards).

You need to take care with the cheat as it can cause warping problems (I'd suggest a neighbourhood back up first) and what I mean by that is don't do anything over complicated with it until you are more confident about how it works. Especially, try to avoid situations where you need to correct mistakes or use the back arrow. However, it is also the main building cheat that made possible such lots as these:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=172468
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=228145
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=249000

Looking at those again reminds me that Vindicare was a kick ass builder.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 2:55 PM
So I flatten the land under my house, wich works. However all my walls were a floor higer and all the objects were half in the floor, I fix all of it. But now it's full of bugs. I have the house I wanted but she can't do a lot, out of nowhere she can't do the actions, start to wave and complain she can't get there. Seems like I have indeed some warping problems, any idea how to fix it?
Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 6:59 PM
@ Kellay : Once when using the 'boolprop_constrainfloorelevation_false' cheat, I had some tiles from a bridge I was trying to build get stuck in mid-air.
(This was before I downloaded the 'nuke objects' tool to get rid of stuck items.)
So I exited the lot, moved my sim back into the family bin; and bulldozed the entire lot.
Then I reloaded the lot/house.

If that doesn't work; try to delete and fix one wall or area at a time, then test your sim on it to see if she can access the areas she couldn't before.
good luck !

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kellay
So I flatten the land under my house, wich works. However all my walls were a floor higer and all the objects were half in the floor, I fix all of it. But now it's full of bugs. I have the house I wanted but she can't do a lot, out of nowhere she can't do the actions, start to wave and complain she can't get there. Seems like I have indeed some warping problems, any idea how to fix it?

I know this is late, but here's a solution to the floating stuff.
First ofcourse use the method above, and then when the stuff is floating, simply delete them all with that hammer tool, and then press undo. Vola!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 9:37 PM
CFE can be tricky, and while leveling a house can work it can also mess it up,especially if the builder used CFE on the house itself. For example if this house had split level stairs you could have messed them up. Sometimes you can be left with angled floating tiles and no amount of hammering with the hammer tool will budge them. If you have messed up the lot badly I would just bulldoze it and use the house how it was intended to be used.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:00 PM
I once used CFE to edit the Curious house in my noob days.
Not a good idea. The stairs led up to nothing since I dug so low!!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Site Helper
#16 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:03 PM
Well, there's also the GridAdjuster. You can ask to move everything up so many clicks by choosing the "Relative" option (move things relative to their current position, rather than move to a specific elevation). You'll still have to pick up and let go of all objects to convince them to go to the correct elevation.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:35 AM
I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work. Not in Life Stories anyway. I'll check at some point to see if it works in the Sims 2 or any of it's expansion packs.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
I've tried it but it doesn't seem to work. Not in Life Stories anyway. I'll check at some point to see if it works in the Sims 2 or any of it's expansion packs.

Oh silly me. I used "boolprop constrainfloorelevation true" instead of "false". :P
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:03 AM
I've just tried it on the Curious family household and the cheat has worked beautifully. It's nice knowing that I could adjust the terrain to street level without having to rebuild the house. Sure, I still had to remove the staircases and add them back, but that was easy, so it was all worth it. Now the Curious family can continue to live on the property that they know and love, without having to frown upon the uneven terrain surface.