Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:45 PM
Default Where is the download button?
Hi, sorry for being such a ninny but I came onto the site to download Sims 2 content. Couldn't find the download button on the food I wanted so I prowled around and discovered you have to be a member.
OK - so I joined and still cannot find the download button! Am I hopeless? Gosh, I hope not as this site has so much to offer. Am I too new to get the option to download? Please help.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:47 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:57 PM
Thanks so much for the reply! I was playing around and also discovered that the files were located under "files" (doh!) and were now clickable. Silly me!
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 4:04 PM
Welcome to the site!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 5:23 PM
You don't need to be a member to download either.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 5:47 PM
But you'll like it here and will never regret it. Like the game, the site is a bit overwhelming at first, but you'll learn your way around.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You don't need to be a member to download either.
I thought you did have to join to download. I did once read something about a Guest account that would allow you to download anonymously, but when I tried to find out more about it, by searching both within the site and on Google, I came up with nothing. So I presumed the Guest account had been discontinued. So may I ask how do you download from MTS, if you're not a member?

Like many others, I originally joined MTS to get at the Downloads. There was so much stuff here that I wanted for my newly-bought game. I quickly cobbled together a user name from the two Sims I'd just created. Little did I know how important those Sims, and MTS, would become in my life. I'm very glad I did join because it let me post, and within a few days I had posted (probably in the wrong section) because I had created a boyfriend for Gloria and couldn't work out how to get them to meet. I then lurked on the board for a few months before I started posting regularly. And, as you can see, once I started posting regularly here, I didn't know when to stop!

So @jaletu2005, welcome to MTS! I hope you enjoy both the downloads and the forums here! But be warned, joining MTS, like buying The Sims, can be a life-changing decision. (Well, it changed my life, and I don't regret it! )

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 9:40 AM
Nope, I quite often find that I'm browsing the site, downloading things, go to post a comment and I notice I'm not logged in! It's normally when I haven't visited for a long time. I expect that the server kicks inactive members out after a certain number of days.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 11:26 AM
Welcome from me too, and enjoy the ride
I have never tried to download while not logged in, and I think when I joined, I just wanted to join a Sim site, and MTS happened to be the one I decided to join I think I rather shyly asked for help once or twice before posting here - and, well, I kind of followed AndrewGloria's example
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 12:17 PM
No Andrew - as Simsfreq says, you can download but not post if you are not a member

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 10:05 PM
Thanks simsfreq and maxon! I tried it just now using the "InPrivate" feature in Internet Explorer, and, sure enough, you can now download without being logged in. However when I looked at the same download (maxon's Arcady Ice Cream Parlour Pt.3) in Classic view, it still said, "You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!" Which makes me think it must be a recent change of policy. I wonder why. I'm pretty sure I couldn't download without logging on the last time I tried.

P.S. I still think it's worth registering here.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 9:47 PM
Come for the downloads, stay for the community
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 10:28 PM
I hope my username (I created my account back when MTS did require registration for downloads...) doesn't throw anyone off.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 8:42 PM
I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who couldn't figure out how to download anything from here. Worked it out eventually, but it did take a bit of time.