Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 10:59 AM
I find @nitromon - the post to Mediafire - polite, and, what is more important, to the point. It has all the relevant information and is a polite and business-like request to restore a file.
Having said that Eric may also be moody, bipolar, unpredictable or just a PTA when I see his reply to @Gazania - so, shrug, move on and don't waste your precious time over him
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 7:25 PM
Omg all this stuff is annoying because we know it's not even about "copyright" or what's "legal" since they clearly ignore the laws put in place for everyone but even when they are followed it doesn' matter, these companies feel the are excempt from the law and when that happens they just do things for money or out of spite, right now on YTube they are trying to push off a tone of YTubers by taking ads off their videos, some have had like up to 100 videos with ads taken off, a few have already quit, a few YTube has actually ether threatened to terminate their channel or have already decided to do so like Philip DeFranco's main channel, lucky he has tones of other reveues to make money off though and i think a lot of them saw this coming because a lot of them decided to have a vlogging channel on the side just incase anything went wrong but they shouldn't hav to do this, they intentionally make their jobs harder. The real reason they are doing this though is to force all the channels into doing Clickbait videos, we've seen the rise of them and YTube are pretty much saying to them "If you don't we will terminate your channel and your career" YTube has finally lost the plot... although channels like Life Hacks, Arts and Crafts, DIY, Jewelry and clothes making, educational channels they all seem to be in green for now... plus most likely YTube is struggling financially as well like other companies because they all got devalued after the mini stock market crash. Indeed these sorts of things are just down right ridiculous and annoying.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 11:21 PM
...Er, no. Actually what happened is YouTube sent out a bot looking for objectionable keywords (murder, rape, ISIS, you get the idea). It got a bit too trigger-happy and ended up demonetizing videos that probably shouldn't have been demonetized. The people who challenged it got their monetization back. Nobody got deleted. The bit about censorship to try to force everyone into clickbait videos is pure conjecture. Just speculation. No evidence suggests it's happening.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#54 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 11:40 PM
Then why all of a sudden is YTubers saying they have to change their channels now? even Michael Buckley aka Whatthebuck like even he's had a rough time with it, it's obvious the YTube bosses have said something to them to get them to change what they are doing with their channels, they claim their channels weren't working any more but i don't see that at all, they were working fine and just as many people were watching so they weren't fizzling out at all, even FluffyTalks he claims his channel was fizzling out and that he must now do videos that other people are doing which is clickbait, it's obvious YTube are pushing these clickbait types of videos with like "Trying "weird" foods" or "This is what i can do to my face with this app" or trying out kids toys, even everyone has to do these types of videos along with their regular videos now apart from the types of channels that aren't effected by this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 12:05 AM
I put this to my friend, who knows more about this stuff than I do. Here's his response:

Quote:
We're not talking about relevancy, we're talking about demonetization. You keep talking in this mushed web of conspiracies about YouTube, and it's all pure conjecture. Buckley is a washed-up has-been in the YouTube world and no one's cared about his Miley Cyrus nonsense since 2009. As for this other guy, he seems to be doing just fine, given his channel metrics. I really have no clue what you're on about, but I can name tons of counter-examples; people who are doing just fine, making the commentary and opinion pieces they've always done and still have healthy, growing channels (Bearing, Sargon of Akkad, and MundaneMatt as examples, the last of whom made a video addressing this exact kind of vague conspiracy woo).

"YouTube" has no control over this nonsense, nor would it make sense for them to do so. Are you seriously suggesting the bigwigs at YouTube are going "yes, let's push down some content creators because some others get more traffic and do something with ads on the side because I DUNNO, WE'RE EVIL"?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#56 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 12:25 AM
It's just what i'm seeing, i watch lots of people and even ones i don't watch some of them can't even do the things they used to like Shane Dawson, he can't do any of his sketches any more, he was told not to do so, i mean he didn't out-right saw it but it's just obvious, when asked why he just gives some vague answer that makes no sense, so it's obvious they forced him into not doing them, now all he does is just clickbaits, many this has happened to, of course those who can still make videos on what they were before along with the clickbaits are extremely lucky, you now see them doing both types of videos or people deciding to do many types of videos, Shane Dawson sometimes does conspiracy theories too (which i never watch because all of them are completely dumb), i'm not a fan of conspiracies ether. They have explained to all of us they they have to "change with the times" meaning do what other channels are doing which shows the pressure they are getting to do so from YTube.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 1:19 AM
My friend again (who does love a good internet debate...using me as a proxy, apparently)

Quote:
I'm not going on some big internet argument tirade, but I don't think you know what the word obvious means. If you're saying YouTube is literally going to Shane Dawson and saying, "Look Shane, these sketch things? They just ain't marketable, you need to make some clickbait", then that's conspiratorial. There is no conspiracy; stop speculating and then saying it's "obvious".

Content creators stop making content for lots of reasons. I guarantee it was his choice alone that discontinued whatever sketches he used to do. Again, counterpoints in my first response; these guys are doing what they've always done and are still growing, with all three having six-digit sub counts.

Mad Poster
#58 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 4:24 AM
I think I have all those. I think I have ALL of Almighty Hat's hairs.

(What, it only took five hours to back up all my hair collection!)

So if Almighty Hat can't put them back up, let me know. Her TOU are so generous I don't think it'd be an issue to reshare them somehow, but you all might have to hold my hand through it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#59 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 6:13 AM
If AH isn't able to replace the missing files, that would be great, thanks! According to her newest entry, it is OK to share them.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 7:22 PM
I have only 347 files/2.98 gb in my Almighty Hat Hairs folder. This is not in my game. This is the zipped files as downloaded.

No, no. I'm not a hoarder. Honestly! Okay, it does run in the family. But as long as it's just computer files, that's not *that* bad.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 4:40 AM
And I thought I was the only one who bothered to keep the zipped download files.

Every time a creator pulls down their stuff or it just becomes unavailable, I feel a bit validated in being a hoarding hoarder who hoards.

Undead Molten Llama
#62 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I have only 347 files/2.98 gb in my Almighty Hat Hairs folder. This is not in my game. This is the zipped files as downloaded.

No, no. I'm not a hoarder. Honestly! Okay, it does run in the family. But as long as it's just computer files, that's not *that* bad.

If you decide to upload, it's really easy. In fact, if you use SimsFileShare (I can send you an invite code, if needed, so you can set up an account right away), you just drag and drop files into it. If they're already the zip/rar/whatever archives, that's all you'll need to do, aside from posting links somewhere. Technically, you could upload them all in one folder, but I'd kinda recommend putting them up individually so that no one has to download (and you don't have to upload) one massive file.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 3 of 3