Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 12:24 AM Last edited by Simfanatic7733 : 9th Jun 2010 at 1:18 AM.
Default help
i down loaded Delphy's pattern converter i have a hole bunch of patterns that i want to convert. i have read all the instructions on here i have gimp but cant figure how to use it.
also when you put files into the s3rc where do they load? on my PC
also how do i use the TSR work shop.

creating stuff in the Sims 1 and 2 was so much easier. clothing that is
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 1:25 AM
If your looking for help on using TSRW you should go to their website, they have tutorials on how to use it from people who use it.

The basics of creating patterns Sims_3:Custom_Patternswiki should get you started. And it's a pattern packager not a converter. Your going to have to work with your patterns in your graphics program to create the proper channels.

s3rc - what exactly is that? If it is the tool by Pescado at MATY go ask over there for help.
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 11:45 PM
simfanatic, S2rc looks to me to be a recompressorisor and isn't needed to make patterns. In both Delphy's pattern packager and tsr workshop, the principal is the same. You have to make a .dds file of what you want the pattern to be like and import them into the pattern tool (whichever you use). You don't need anything but one of the pattern pakagers.

There are tutorials here on mts for the pattern packager and like HL says above tsr have tutorials too for their tool. It's just a matter of going to the tutorials.

You can get started on this site by going to

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ttern_Tutorials

There are about 4 tutorials there and also a bit about tools too. Patterns are quite easy if you're ok with a graphics program, e.g. gimp or photoshop, some people use paint.net. Both paint.net and gimp are free