Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:05 AM
Default Texture looks faded on new rug mesh
I created a new mesh for the base game, a rug. It works just fine, but for some reason the texture looks really faded. Below are some images: 1) What it should look like, and 2) What it looks like in-game.

I've tried this:
http://hugelunatic.com/?p=91

and cloned lots of different types of objects from decorative to tables and tried different textures, but nothing makes a difference.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:29 AM
Off hand, I would suggest you check out the Material Definition values. There might be a glossiness/shine that is causing that....or some other value that affects how light interacts with your object.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:28 AM
It almost looks like there could be an envcube in there. Did you clone a rug to make yours?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:11 AM
Thanks for your replies. I'm not very good with SimPE so I'm not sure what I should be looking for. However, I'll have a look at the info you recommend.

No, I just cloned an ornament as I want this for the base game, but I also tried cloning a table and it looked just the same.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.