Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:57 PM
Default Well great - I had to delete latest upload
Something weird appears to have happened to my latest upload, resulting in the downloadable file making the launcher crash, according to one downloader - I couldn't risk there not being a problem so I deleted it. I also have deleted all of my cc and downloaded content in case I've picked up a 'bug' from somewhere. I will have to rebuild the lot in case it is corrupted and you know what? I can't be bothered.

Fun times!

Not ...
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear it. In future, if you need to take an uplod out of action while you figure out a problem, you can ask a mod to tag it (make it invisible). Just do update it if you do that, 'cause eventually we will get round to deleting all the tagged uploads.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:11 AM
Wait, so only one downloader told you this? It could be them, couldn't it? Did you try downloading it to see if it would make your launcher crash?

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, that is no fun at all!
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
[...] I also have deleted all of my cc and downloaded content in case I've picked up a 'bug' from somewhere. [...]

Isn't deleting all CC indiscriminately a bit extreme?

Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2227
Wait, so only one downloader told you this? It could be them, couldn't it? [...]

Erm, who are they?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flammen
Isn't deleting all CC indiscriminately a bit extreme?

Erm, who are they?

The downloader. I just don't think you should consider your whole download (as in this download or any download for this matter) to be corrupt if only one downloader reported there being a problem with it installing.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:39 PM
The downloader.

Guess I take off my tin foil hat then.
I just don't think you should consider your whole download (as in this download or any download for this matter) to be corrupt if only one downloader reported there being a problem with it installing.

That I totally agree with!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:33 PM
Hello there lovelies .. .well what I did was download my own download and sure enough it crashed my launcher as soon as I tried to scroll down the Downloads part of the launcher. I felt morally bound to remove the download from here and I will possibly rebuild and resubmit at some stage. Thanks for your kind thoughts, suggestions and concern. I did delete all CC and reinstalled only Store content and a few NRAAS mods for the time being.
hugz all.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:59 PM
Hello there lovelies .. .well what I did was download my own download and sure enough it crashed my launcher as soon as I tried to scroll down the Downloads part of the launcher.
[...]

Sounds like a problem with the lot thumbnail. Did it also give problems when you just extracted the sims3pack and put the package directly to the library?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 12:51 AM
Sounds like a problem with the lot thumbnail. Did it also give problems when you just extracted the sims3pack and put the package directly to the library?

Strangely enough it didn't and it behaved perfectly well until the download scrolling issue. I put it through CUSTARD and saw nothing in the sims3 pack to cause alarm at all. It was all very odd.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:50 AM
Strangely enough it didn't and it behaved perfectly well until the download scrolling issue. I put it through CUSTARD and saw nothing in the sims3 pack to cause alarm at all. It was all very odd.

Hm, did you try putting the lot into a Clean Folder and export it from there?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 4:47 AM
Hm, did you try putting the lot into a Clean Folder and export it from there?

*shuffles feet and mutters* I deleted the file in a fit of pique .... then I consoled myself with icecream ...
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 6:29 AM
Also, if you have a lot of stuff installed through the launcher, you can expect it to stop working for pretty much no reason whatsoever. At least, that's been my experience. When testing the launcher, I'd recommend no more than 5-10 things installed that way. Good luck to you, I know how frustrating rebuilds are.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 6:55 PM Last edited by porkypine : 15th Feb 2015 at 4:25 AM.
Hello,

The next time you get a report of a problem. Don't delete everything. Just move your cC out of the Sims folder and then test just your item.

I've learned from experience to remove everything not needed for my build from the download/mods folder before I pack a lot. That way nothing in my build is affected by unexpected CC/mods - and I have a ton of mods and CC for my games.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 10:21 PM
Thanks @Nylaba and @porkypine - what you both say makes sense. I think that we often learn far more in life (and in Sims) from our mistakes than from our success!
dodgy builder
#15 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:06 PM
Oh yes, I've learned a lot from feedback on my creations. I always have to keep telling myself not to panic, tomorrow is another day and it will bring the solutions no doubt.