Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2013 at 8:52 PM Last edited by DJ. : 11th Feb 2013 at 10:38 AM.
Default The resurrected Sim still floats like a ghost [SOLVED]
I've been playing a family in Twinbrook where I had a Sim make a time machine. As I played the game, I (we could say accidentaly) killed a Sim with the magical jelly beans.

The OMG opportunity didn't pop up, so I decided, when the ghost popped up, make him part of the household with Master Controller. (ETA: The gravestone did move to his inventory.)

One weird thing I noticed about that, is that he did have the "Return to Netherworld" uncancellable action at 6AM, but the action immediately dropped out, resulting in nothing happening.

So, using the time machine, I made him travel to the past, so he could be alive again, and he was. The thing is, he's alive, but he still floats like a ghost. And goes through walls.

Now, I exited the game and saved. The save isn't that important to me, thus I have a backup before he even died. But, I'd want to poke around the current situation as much as possible.

I didn't check if the saving and exiting made him more/completely human again. I'll report tomorrow.

If it didn't make him, though, is there a similar thing to do in S3PE as it was in SimPE - while editing character data file, I ran across some options (Ghost flags) - where you could find tickboxes such as Can Walk Through Objects, Can Walk Through Walls (and so on).

Thanks for any info, guys!
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 10:38 AM
So, I started the game up again today, and I found the solution!

Resetting the Sim using the game cheat didn't work (resetSim name surname), and I really didn't want to kill him again and then revive him. So, I used the Master Controller, and by "Advanced/Reset Sim" he was normal again. So glad it's a minor glitch, nothing special.