Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:14 PM
Default Super beginner to Object RC questions
I'm trying to read through the tutorials but have some questions I'm not finding easy answers to, mostly it seems the that tutorials assume a base knowledge of vocabulary definitions that I'm confused on. I know the answers are easy, I'm just not finding them easily.

When people discuss "textures", does that just mean the the graphic file that gets wrapped around a mesh?
Am I right in understanding that object RCs are a lot less complicated than clothes since you just have the texture and mesh, no alpha layers, etc?

(Also, these feel like they're probably no-brainer questions but I was in a car accident recently and am on painkillers so my brain is a bit addled and I'm probably easily missing some FAQ link somewhere that explained these.)

Completer sets help me feel complete!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 12:23 AM
Textures - Yep, this is the graphic file (png usually, sometimes dds) that gets wrapped around the mesh. Less complicated depends on the person. Some objects also use transparency, so really it depends on how good you are at creating textures with/without transparency. Some people find recoloring clothing easier than objects, so I guess try recoloring what you want and see how it goes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 7:56 PM
Thanks HugeLunatic! I'm a graphics person and want to try my hand at this (I did once upon a time years ago but then my PC couldn't keep up with the graphics for 7EPs and I had to stop playing) and the meds make it hard for me to make sure I'm correctly understanding the Sims lingo and translating it to my graphics synonyms XD

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 7:58 PM
((and totally excuse me while I have a fangirl moment that you're the person who responded to me :lovestruc :giggler)