Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
Here's a couple of things I didn't know were going to be in it.

There's a new food stall. Similar to the ones you can have at the vacation destinations. It sells hot dogs, hamburgers and gyros.

Lol, being such a foriegner I had to google the word 'gyro' to find out what it was. For those of us who don't know it is similar to Doner Kebabs or Burritos.

#Edited to fix typo
Advertisement
#27 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 10:43 AM
I was looking on the Sims Wiki and it said there is a new death within the game involving the Murphy Bed.

Is the Murphy Bed the bed that folds up into the wall? I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of that when it becomes loose lol.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#28 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
any outfit/hair for todd/children ,,, thankiesssss

There are no hairs or clothing whatsoever for toddlers and children. New clothes stop at teen, and most of the hairs are adult/elder only.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:09 AM
By the way, did anyone manage to get random dude in the community lot to be your roomie besides computer, newspaper and telephone? I read somewhere that a new social interaction is possible here.

However, is there any special requirement beside them not being a roomie with other people of course. Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 11:12 AM
If Sim A is in his own apartment, and Sim B is currently in bed in Sim B's apartment with Sim A's wife, does Sim A know that his wife is cheating on him?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
There are no hairs or clothing whatsoever for toddlers and children. New clothes stop at teen, and most of the hairs are adult/elder only.

Well that sucks. I want some nice new maxis toddler hair. & clothes!
oh well. thanks anyway.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Forum Resident
#32 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:48 PM
simcharley1990: I'm sure someone will fix that eventually. Convert the hairs for younger.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fantasyrogue
Well, if there is it isn't listed in their readme. That's about the only cheat listed (well, and a few to change the lot's class)

Starwyn:
After you enter the lot (uninhabited) you just type "changelotzoning residential" (without the quotes). Exit (save) and then reenter. Build mode should work. When you're done just type "changelotzoning apartmentbase" and voila.

Sorry i didn't get back sooner on this but i got carried away making adjustments to an apartment. Thankyou very much fantasy rogue!

There's so much to do with this EP i haven't even started playing it yet!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NikonSnow
Can toddlers leave the house with their families now?

I tried to go to a community lot with the whole family and couldn't take my toddler.

Quote: Originally posted by cassandra_107
What I really want to know is: what does the inside leaflet say. New SP? One giant collection package?

It's an ad for Sims 3 with codes to download a Tshirt & hoodie for the currant game. (They even went so far as to install the link to the Sims 3 website on my desktop. ) The other side on the top half is an ad for the expansion / stuff packs and the bottom is an ad for MySims for the PC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:35 AM
The leaflet in my game was for Spore

More outfit pics...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:39 AM
The last of the outfit pics. It's not every one of them but it should be enough to give you an idea of what's in there.
#37 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 1:36 PM
Are you able to cheat on your spouse and wohoo a sim neighbor next door without them catching you?Has anyone tried this yet?
Scholar
#38 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:29 PM
Is it just me or are a lot of the hairs and outfits just conversions of ones from other stuff packs? I spy the ponytail from TSS, and the Pringle jumper from K&B.
Alchemist
#39 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:34 PM
Ferret, Yep some are but there isnt many compared to the amount of new clothes and hair
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
I tried to go to a community lot with the whole family and couldn't take my toddler.

It's an ad for Sims 3 with codes to download a Tshirt & hoodie for the currant game. (They even went so far as to install the link to the Sims 3 website on my desktop. ) The other side on the top half is an ad for the expansion / stuff packs and the bottom is an ad for MySims for the PC.

Thanks, it's nice to see how EA shoehorned the TS3 L&P into the EP. It's sad, people will get all excited about TS3, then be disappointed when it is buggy and broken to hell....
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:56 AM
Is there any variety to the door for the apartments? or are we stuck using the same doors for ultra modern expensive as for trailer park? Thanks for all the info
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:02 PM
How do you have roommates? And are there bugs with roommates?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't know where to ask this but my son's been nagging me all day and i can't find the answer so hopefully someone can tell me.
How to make a sim witch teleport? the sim has learnt the spell or whatever it is ( i don't play the witches) but he can't figure how to actually do it.
#44 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 2:53 PM
How do you get into a social group? Is it for all sims or just ones in apartments?
#45 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
How do you have roommates? And are there bugs with roommates?

You screen for roomates on the pc,paper or phone.If you use the phone one is ramdomly picked the pc and paper lets you pick who you want.
There is a bug with roomates sometimes they become invisible and their needs plummet especially the one for hunger.I've read about this bug on the bbs forums.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
Is there any variety to the door for the apartments? or are we stuck using the same doors for ultra modern expensive as for trailer park? Thanks for all the info

There are various versions of the apartment door available, though none that truly fit the really high end places in my opinion. They don't look bad, just not quite as "ritzy" as I would prefer for a luxury apartment. The variations are mostly in color/condition of the wood and the style of the welcome mat.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starwyn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't know where to ask this but my son's been nagging me all day and i can't find the answer so hopefully someone can tell me.
How to make a sim witch teleport? the sim has learnt the spell or whatever it is ( i don't play the witches) but he can't figure how to actually do it.

when you have the witch selected, click on an empty space of ground, the pie menu should come up with options like, 'go here', 'run here', etc. one of the options is 'magivestigium' click that and she will transport there in a column of gold light.

warning: if u have an evil witch, the magivestigium will make them more good (lovely english, i know). i've only ever used magivestigium within her own apartment, so i'm not sure of the extent to which it will work...maybe he was trying to use it in a zone that's inaccessible? dunno.
Instructor
#48 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 7:03 PM
Here are a few I haven't seen anyone answer-
-Where and how do you get Mr. Butler?
-Is there a really nice big apartment already made in the bin? I've only seen rather small apartments (I haven't really looked inside every building), but I'd think one of the complexes would be large or even a town house with more then 2 bedrooms.
- When you move into an apartment- it says the welcome wagon as come. But I only see a few sims standing in the court yard, but there is no "greet everyone" option. Do I just go socialize as if I already know them?
#49 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 5:07 AM
1)Use the phone to hire a butler.You might also be able to hire him with the pc.
2)In the bin there is one that will let you put 7 families in but it's not that big.
3)I'm not sure about that one.
Scholar
#50 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:28 AM
I dont know if this is the right topic, but i just got AL earlier today and found it i cant play it in window mode. Is that something that can be done later on? :o
Page 2 of 10