Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 7:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is this what Monte Vista is supposed to do?

Greetings,

I have been playing Monte Vista for maybe 2 weeks now, but I have never seen this weird shadow I made a screenshot off. You see the town on a hill, with a wall, and below you see the shadow of the wall and the town hall... totally lose of the wall it's supposed to be attached to as a shadow? Kinda defeats the whole shadow idea eh? I don't know if its a graphic glitch or if this is like this in games of all people who play Monte Vista and that is my question.

Is the wall supposed to deny the laws of being a shadow and just leaving a gap between the wall it's the shadow of?

ps. such a big picture but I don't know how to make it smaller...
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 3:35 AM
Well it does move with the sun in my game already, but will that mod improve the fact that the shadow does not connect with the object? (other buildings do connect to the shadow, just that wall and town hall dont)
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 2:20 PM
I didn't have the mod, but now I do together with some new lightning. Better have a nicer color on the wall apparently ascending into the sky every day xD

I'll just assume it's a intended not very thought through development thing.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 10:05 PM
Okay, I just checked in a vanilla game and my Monte Vista looks similar to yours. The walls and rabbithole buildings cast a shadow while the mountain itself doesn't, which makes it look as if the walls float in the air.
But this made me realise that this is a game limitation of how terrain is rendered. Hills, mountains and raised terrain don't cast shadows in TS3. They have a shadowy side but they don't extend their shadows unto the terrain. I just made a needle-like high hill on a lot and placed a tree next to it. The tree casts a shadow that extends over the lot border, while the hill casts almost no shadow at all.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 6:06 PM
Oh thank you very much, at least now I know for sure it's not my CC or graphics or something.