Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:35 PM
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 9)
Hi everybody! Today I've got my first Featured upload and I'm sooo happy!
I wanted to share my new sim with you instantly to hear your opinion!
As this game (TR9) isn't released yet the resource photos are limited but when I saw aWT's new Lara Croft hair I had to try to make her!
Please be honest, because if she doesn't look like Lara I might change her a bit and upload her as Other sim cause I think this one is adorable!
So here she is:
Screenshots

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 6:58 PM
I think a new skin will help, the one you have now is too doll looking. As for the face the lips need to be poutier.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:34 PM
Flajko your graphics are so beautiful! I can turn mine all the way up and it still doesn't look like that. What's your secret? Lol

I agree that what you've made is really nice, but if you want it to look more like the pic I would make her chin a bit smaller and a bit squarer. Lower lip width wider too. Less jawline width, more nose definition, more jaw shape. Maybe some different eyebrows that aren't so sculpted.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:00 PM
Looking good!

Here's a cleaner render of her face.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...ara-d34eiu0.jpg

Her eyebrows are definitely straighter and thicker. They're also lower on her face than what you have right now.

Her upper lip is narrower, while her lower lip is thicker.

You definitely need to find another hair and eyeliner, though.

Hope this helps!
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:35 AM
First i want to congratulate you for the featured: you deserve it!
Second: it is a great start!
I agree with jje1000 and i think (maybe it's me) you could rotate her eyes (like cat's eyes) a little smidge.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 10:39 AM
@omegastarr82: Please don't take away that skin from meee, pleaaaseeee NOOOO!!
@roonya: LOL, thanks but actually I have secret! This is the first time I tried this mod from aWT and it works perfect!!! It enables the game to render Higher Resolution textures and therefore improves the quality! Read more on his web page!
I'll do what you said!
@jje1000: Thanks for the picture, I already have it but I love the way she looks on the first one! I'll post them both in future!
I'll do what you said also but the hair stays cause it's made actually for her model! if you find some better hair which is free post it here!
@monca533: Yaay monca, THANKS! Changes will come hopefully today!

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
#7 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:00 PM
First of all, I cannot believe that this is what Lara Croft looks like now! I think I'm gonna have to get this game.

Anyway, I agree with omega about the skin when compared to the pic you have atm, but compared to the one jje linked to it looks okay. Maybe you could make/find some dirty/mud stained costume makeup for her?

I think her eye apexes need to be moved so that they are more central. And she definitely needs some eyebrows that aren't as thin and pretty. The eyeliner is perhaps a bit too heavy, try reducing the opacity. I think her top lip needs to be thinner (just a bit) as well as narrower and the bottom needs to be thicker. Make her jaw shape a bit 'harder'. Her face looks a bit pudgy, which could be the skin, but I would alter her cheek bone shape, not sure which way it is, but so that the bottom bit goes in and the top bit goes out, just a bit though.

Don't know what clothes she has on at the moment, but have you seen these?

I also think you should keep a copy of her as she is now because you're right, the sim is very cute.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:08 PM
@sleepalldaypartyallnight: Wooow I love these and I totally forgot about them!! Thanks for pointing these out! :lovestruc
Ok I have changed the skin but even though I love her new look there's problem about the skin!It's default and no one loves that and beside that it has problem matching the body color! A lot of people suggested Ephemera to make them as non-defaults and fix skin color blending but (s)he didn't answer! I don't know if I'm aloud to make suggested fixes and I don't know how would I correct skin color! Do you have any ideas?

BTW I've made all changes you suggested and here she is! I love her!
Screenshots

#9 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:43 PM Last edited by sleepalldaypartyallnight : 12th Mar 2011 at 7:00 PM.
Okay maybe I'm being blind, but the skin looks the same to me, except it's now yellow? Only thing I can suggest is to try lots of different ones and take pics of all of them for a comparison. I think this skin could work if you put some makeup on her that makes her looks muddy/bruised/bleeding/sweaty etc.

What about any of this makeup by Ari?

I really *love* those eyebrows! Did you make them yourself? I think they need that the brow curve slider needs to move to the left a little bit.
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 11:29 PM
I agree with Sleepallday and would to suggest you to use your moving eyes.
Theorist
#11 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 3:31 AM
The first skin looked best, I disagree with Omegastarr. She's looking great!

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 8:33 AM
The screenshot of the last version that you shared with us is the best, I'd love to see her in my game!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 9:01 PM
Wow a lot of different opinions and i don't know which to listen to!
Today I got sick, and I'm lying all day in my bed having very high temperature!
I don't know when I'll be able to make some changes on her!
Until then here's my point of view:

@sleepalldaypartyallnight: the skin is very different than the first one and looks much more natural and not dolly! I tried all skins on her I would ever use(the quality ones) and this one looked best but because there's only default version of this skin I might return back to the first one! Who knows, In the future uploaded thread I might recommend the users both skins so they can choose themselves!

Also I might consider making her facial cuts and bruises but then again they might require to make whole body dirt and bruises and that is a lot of work!And not quite practical for use in game! I mean it would look more like her in comparison picture but who would want her all bloody all life long?

Yeah both eyebrows are made by me, i might upload them separately when I'm satisfied with them!

@monca533: Why should I use moving eye? These are quite nice and I don't think I'm gonna change them, sorry!

@Robodl95: Hehe, you guys spin my head around! I guess I'll have to decide which skin is best!

@shante090: I might agree with you, I really like her look in the last picture!

Until my next update feel free to suggest more changes, can't wait too hear from you again!

#14 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 9:35 PM
I hope you get better soon Flajko!

I don't think she needs to be as bloody as in the right hand side one, but some mud splashes might make her look like she's been adventuring. Downloaders can always take it off her. The soaked one of Arisuka's makeup at a low opacity would work, I think - like the picture on the left.

Also, are both of these pictures renders rather than in game shots, because (and I guess it could be the lighting or something else) her nose and mouth look different in each one.

Her eyes need to be rotated more \ / but not too much.

To be honest, I really can't see a huge difference between the two skins, except for the colouring. I've never used either in game so maybe that's why. It's a shame that Ephemera's doesn't match the body colouring, it must be to do with the saturation or vibrance of her texture that is slightly different to who ever's body it is you have it game. I guess checking Ephemera's TOU would tell you whether or not they allow alterations.

I don't the makeup looks right, she needs one that is spread more evenly around her eyes. Rather than being light in the inner eye corners and heavy at the outer corners. Eye liner could be a bit heavier though :-P.

Although I think this Lara is so gorgeous and lifelike, it's hard to say whether she does or doesn't look like Lara Croft, because this new Lara doesn't look like the old one! I do love her though.

I'm really curious to see a full body shot though. Have you, er, recreated her famous assets? This new Lara isn't quite as curvy is she?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 10:05 PM
Thank you for you wishes!

I agree with you, I'll make dirty bloody mask as soon as possible! It'll be subtle and nice!

The right one is her original look and the left one(more green one) is some guy's artwork of the right image which is posted on deviantArt!
To be honest I like more her right picture! :D

Well people will have to meet new Lara eventually and I hope they'll like her as I do!
I liked her when she was all pixelated and I certainly like her now all natural looking!

I'll make her as curvy as possible just for my entertainment!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 1:55 PM Last edited by flajko : 23rd Apr 2011 at 2:08 PM.
Whew I didn't see this thread for a while! =)
I got better a long time ago and in the meantime made Monica Bellucci as you may have noticed!
Now I'm back to this thread with some updates!
First of all Ephemera made her/his skins Non-Default, yay!! I've been waiting for this!
I'll try to make Lara's bloody/dirty mask for next update and also new eyebrows,just a bit longer than these ones!
Here she is, please comment :

Recently many wonderful eyes were made and I can't pick one to use with Lara so please vote on some of these in the animation along with your suggestions!

Screenshots

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 3:39 PM
She's amazing! So beautiful, even all messed.

I'm fold of eyebrows #4, maybe a bit darker brown, though. 1, 3, and 5's irises are too big. So, it was a tossup with number 2, but number 4 looks more realistic, IMO. I'm not sure if it's the angle of her head shot, but I still think the lower eyelid needs to have more of a curve, with the lower apex moved more towards the nose.

I also think she needs gold highlights in that lovely hairdo.

It seems to me that the nosetip is too wide, and there might need to be a bit more nose mass.

Looking at her mouth, her top lip is puffier at the sides in her "real life" pic, so maybe try it a bit wider on your sim.

Beautiful work! And I'm going to check out that resolution mod!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 3:55 PM Last edited by flajko : 23rd Apr 2011 at 4:24 PM.
Thanks Simmiller!

I've used eyes #4 with both Faith and Monica and I'm a big fan of them but I liked the others so much that I couldn't decide! Beside #4 I really like #1!
I'll play around with her eyes, trying to achieve original shape.

Golden highlights it is and I'm gonna try all the other changes!

Edit: I forgot to say that I'm not using aWT's HQ mod anymore! MTS moderators suggested me to take screenshots of my sims without HQ mod since it's not available to the people with slow computers!

Scholar
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 6:37 PM
She is stunning!

Personaly i like the #4 eyes (they look more natural in my oppinion).
The only thing i think you could do is to lengthen the brows a little, like this:
Attached Images

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:25 PM
Thanks monca
I've made all the changes noted above except the eyebrow length, I'll update them tomorrow!
Here's she now + with bloody/dirty mask as a FRECKLE! Weee!
Screenshots

Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:03 AM
I think her eye lids should be a bit more open, or perhaps just move the lids up. Her face is down a bit in the reference photo, so she's looking up to have her irises where they are in relation to her eyelids, if that makes sense.
Scholar
#22 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:08 AM
Yay! I liked the scars and smudge! :D

Edit: Can i ask you a thing? What are you doing for have this nice resolution pictures/images?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 11:10 AM Last edited by flajko : 24th Apr 2011 at 11:29 AM.
@Araenna: I think that if her face was full front in reference photo her eyes would look like they're now, I'll try maybe opening her lower eyelid but I won't overdo it!
@monca533: Thanks monca You can freely ask anything! I'm playing with graphic settings set to the highest + resolution of 1680x1050 px!
I've said above in post #18 that I stopped using aWT's High Quality mod because motto of this site is "What you see is what you get!"
and it's unfair to present your creations with screenshots taken with this mod since there are people who's computers can't handle it!

Is there anything else someone would suggest?

Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 11:39 AM
flajko,simka is very beautiful, but her skintone quite podhodit.Ne that he ...
The Sims 3, moreover, detailing skins uzhasna.No still similarities, there are, is very noticeable =)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:33 PM
It's very quiet in this forum, I guess because it's Easter! I didn't mentioned it earlier and now's my chance : Happy Easter!
Ok, back to the topic,I've opened her lower eyelid a little...not a big difference :/
Changed her eyebrows! I like these better!
Should I start hunting for Tomb Raider accessories? Is anyone willing to make Lara Croft poses? Is there anything you would suggest to be changed?
Screenshots

Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: No longer being worked on.
Page 1 of 4