Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 1:51 AM
Default Joffrey Baratheon - Game of thrones

Good golly, i haven't hated anyone on TV as much as i hate Joffrey - so i thought I'd make us all a digital voodoo doll so that we can torture him. Make him swim endlessly round a pool before drowning etc I think this looks like him, but there might be a few finishing touches i need to make - any advice? any feedback?!
thanks! And most importantly, is it of a standard that is worth sharing?

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 7:16 AM Last edited by Bellgirl : 6th Jun 2012 at 7:40 AM.
Oooh I DESPISE him more than all other antagonists from every other book I've ever read combined. Except maybe one character George R. R. Martin introduces in the fifth book (Don't know if you read the books)...that guy makes Joffrey look like a saint. I must say they've done an excellent job casting Joffrey in the TV series.

Anyway, good idea, I'd love to torture this sim He looks close, great job. What strikes me as off is the nose, it's too tilted and the bridge is too low.
*The nose tip is also too long.
*The eyebrows are too dramatically rotated.
*The nose and eyes should be higher on his face, his nose is too close to his mouth right now.
*It also looks as though his cheekbones need to be higher.
*Chin depth needs to be decreased a bit, chin a bit lower, and chin underlip depth (I think that's what the slider is called) needs to be adjusted so there isn't such a proiment dip between the bottom lip and chin, Joffrey's is just a slight curve.

I'll edit this with more suggestions if I see something else. You might want to take a neutral picture of your sim looking forward, and a neutral pic of the real guy next to him, so it's easier to compare. It's hard to see what needs changing if the picture is from a weird angle/he has an expression on his face.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 8:04 AM
Hot damn, you've done a remarkably good job at capturing his doucheyness! I already want to punch him in the face!

I second Bellgirl's recommendation on neutral comparisons. I think his hair/brows could be lightened and de-yellowed a little bit, too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 2:50 PM

thanks for the feedback guys - i implemented the changes you both suggested, he's difficult to get right because he's seems to have changed a lot since the first season - his face was tiny then, like a little golf ball, now his mouth is wide and froglike! i can't keep up with his changing face! i hope this is more neutral and easier to tell if i'm going in the right direction

also - if anyone would like to tell me what outfit they imagine Joffrey in, i can't decide between this brown leather thing, or the red/carpet/king-playsuit thing he wears when he has his crown on... Thanks!
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 2:59 PM
He's looking really... ...Joffreyinfuriating already. Some thoughts:

- Joffrey's chin comes to a finer point, with some roundness behind that.
- I would go for a much more pale skin tone.
- Brows are slanted bit much. A lot more of his "evil" seems to come from his tiny, tiny, tiny mouth than his brows. :P
- I think you would benefit greatly from finding a direct frontal pic of his face.

Great work, can't wait to see this polished up. Total GoT addict.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 3:02 PM Last edited by dangmal : 6th Jun 2012 at 4:03 PM.
thanks kiwi! he does have a tinier mouth than a white walker but at times its weirdly wide - i can't decide whether it should be wider than his mouth or not... and i suffer from not being able to find pictures of jack gleeson front on, none from GOT anyway, - i couldn't find any after quite a long time of looking! I will search on though, thanks for feedback!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 4:00 PM

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:52 PM

okay folks - conclusion #1: staring at pictures of joffrey for hours on end will not make you like him more. it turns out in fact, my hatred has reached psychopathic levels. Here is the latest comparison pics and i've reached that wall where everything i do seems to make it worse. I am hoping to upload the little devil soon. Am i close? all feedback welcome and needed! As a non book reader i am intrigued by bellgirls tales of a worse character than joffrey... i'm hoping varys doesn't turn out to be a major force of evil in the story because he could easily be the sly puppet master behind all bad things, but i like him a lot... I have tried to incorporate every suggestion you've all made, and have pushed chin and jaw sliders so much that they don't seem to be responding anymore, could that be the hat sliders interfering? - hows he looking?
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 2:18 PM
I believe the eyes need to be a little smaller and closer together and the chin less wide. You are so very close to getting instant resemblence, i love it )

And come on, some love for Joffrey please! He is, after all, the most hated, sociopathic, useless piece of sh** to ever sit on a throne in a fantasy realm! That is a TALENT, people, give him some credit!!! (i personally adore the character, just for the sake of how riddiculous he is and his scenes with Tyrion - priceless)

btw, he is a teen sim, right?

good luck, looking forward for him
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 2:26 PM
ah good feedback thankyou! and actually no, he's young adult. I thought torturing a minor would be going too far that's probably made it harder, but the legolas elf outfit joffrey wears is not available for teens so i thought it best to age him up a bit... and jack gleeson who plays him is apparently in his early twenties. I have worked on that damn chin of his all morning and can't seem to whittle it down ! you are absolutely right about the eyes i can't believe i forgot them! Hahah and i suppose being the biggest asshat in literature is an impressive feat! so, yeah joffrey, you win that prize lol
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 10:42 PM
The Iron Throne! Gotta' love this series of books

Here's some things that you need to look at:
~ His nostrils need to be moved up
~ The whole nose is far too long
~ Decrease the scale of his eyes
~ His chin should be more pointed
~ The nose tip needs to have more mass
~ The bottom eyelid need to be lifted up

He's looking really good, instantly recognisable!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:01 AM
Hot damn that's a really good job! Can't wait to have this cunty lil bastard in my game!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 11:24 PM
hahah - good, he's nearly finished. i hope! i'd quite like to see pictures of inventive ways in which people manage to kill Joffrey, might make an interesting little meme in the mean time - does anyone know off hand if i'm allowed to put links to converted sims medieval outfits in my upload? i think legally its the same as sims 2 to sims 3 conversions isn't it? but though i've seen lots of them here, i've seen no medieval conversions...
Retired
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:28 AM
You can't include converted items from one EA game to another. EA don't like that. :P

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:37 AM
well that does make sense thanks kiwi - it's a shame because there is some perfect stuff out there!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:45 AM

am i getting closer here? i feel as though i might be working on this too much and getting further from the joffmeister? thoughts?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 2:51 AM
hmmm, i might go back to the joffrey from post eight, make the eyes closer together, squeeze that tiny chin of his and be done with it! This latest one looks like justin bieber, who i also wouldn't mind torturing coincedentally
Forum Resident
#18 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 4:27 AM
Make his lower lip and chin a tad wider. He's still looking good!
Retired
retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 5:00 AM
Personally I think you're getting closer, not further away. The photo you have of his profile is distorted, remember that. I think you need smaller eyes, and to change the shape of the upper lip a bit.

- Also, brows less red, more dark blond.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 9:55 PM
i've been slaving over a hot joffrey all day (gross...) and he's getting there... but i'm close to saying it's a sim of jaken hagar, since that dude appears to be able to change his entire face at will, i should in theory be able to upload any old sim and say its him
retired moderator
#21 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 9:58 PM
I think the version in post 4 (maybe with the eyes narrowed a little) is closest - I'd like to see your latest changes, but the past few seem to have been going the wrong way.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 10:16 PM
i was feeling that way myself Hystericalparoxysm, it's tricky because in season one his head was literally a little ping pong ball with a frown drawn on it, in season two his whole face has dropped and stretched so much that his face looks like a bicycle seat. There's also a relative paucity of good photos of him - i will prevail though...
retired moderator
#23 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 10:22 PM
I offer this as encouragement - probably what you're feeling like doing right now anyway:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 11:26 PM
hahah - i just saw the clock, and it turns out i have been watching Joffrey get slapped for an hour, i love the hounds expression and i also love how liquid, wobbly and jellylike tyrions hand is - it's mesmerising. I'd love to make Tyrion next but i think i'd have a breakdown trying to get him right...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 6:29 PM
also i've not forgotten the quest! im having fun getting sansa to push joffrey in the last episode of series 1 - which she should have done
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old - will re-open if requested
Page 1 of 2