Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:13 PM
well you can copy the lot and make it your home if you want.
or you can just live there and forget about going home since the fire station has almost everything you need...

being a fireman was the first thing i did and well. the missions was kinda fun at first but later on it gets kinda irritating, with minimum 1 fires a day and sometimes even 3...and the pay is bad since its weekly unlike the other jobs and its hard to level up too sadly.
the fire engine and the fire alarm is neat thou..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:56 PM
The downside is that my firefighter sim was ALWAYS at work. I don't know if it was a glitch or what, but I'd have his sister or someone invite him over and itd say he would be out and to call back in 20 hours. By then, it was too late. I'd call all the time, and he'd always be about to go out. Even on the weekends.

I finally had him quit his job and join the military career. At least then he'd be with his own family and my sims would be able to reach him. >.<

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:37 AM
Anyone who has problems of not being able to see window fires and such (and thus have a hard time finishing firefighter missions) you probably have an old version of the no censor mod. There's a new version that keeps all the new Ambitions effects without the censor blur.

As for the career itself, it's fun and something different, but it's hard to concentrate on what the other sims are doing... especially when the firefighter has to go put a fire out. I found it was best to just have a single sim working and living in the firehouse until reaching the top of the career before moving starting a family. I haven't tried stylist or home design yet so I don't know how involved they are... PI isn't so bad though since you can pretty much work at your own pace.

What I found most funny was that 2 out of the 3 co-workers of my firefighter sim had the "coward" trait... no wonder they never got on the firetruck with me. ;-)
Eminence Grise
#29 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrizBehr
Is there any way to make the firestation his "home"?

Well, you can't make it is official home, since it's a community lot and all sims have to have a home lot, but you can have him stay there all the time.

I guess if you wanted a better illusion that he is totally living at the station, you could place a tiny residential lot right next to the firestation and let your sim buy that -- then he could get his mail there, but he would do everything else at the firestation. And if he BUYS the firestation lot, then he can go into buy/build mode there without cheats or using edit town.
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 7:55 PM
I took my Level 10 firefighter on vacation to Al Simhara and because I had nowhere to put his firetruck at home, he used it to get around at first. Then, he got off and went elsewhere and now his fire truck is sitting in the desert of Egypt and nothing I do will get it back, so make sure you can park it at home somewhere before traveling...
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:13 PM
I did find out that firemen can steal stuff when they're in the houses. I accidentally clicked on a counter instead of a stove to fix the gas leak and "take" popped up! What the heck? My fireman sim doesn't have any of the evil or moocher traits. I think I'm going to have to start checking his inventory when he's done working to make sure he hasn't helped himself to anything :-)
Forum Resident
#32 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:31 PM
Just use the Buydebug cheat to get it back.
Inventor
#33 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kateswan59
I did find out that firemen can steal stuff when they're in the houses. I accidentally clicked on a counter instead of a stove to fix the gas leak and "take" popped up! What the heck? My fireman sim doesn't have any of the evil or moocher traits. I think I'm going to have to start checking his inventory when he's done working to make sure he hasn't helped himself to anything :-)

Usually the take option comes up only on my klepto sims lol
Next time I have a sim fighting a fire I'll have to see if I get that option.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Instructor
#34 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:50 PM
I love fire fighter. This is the only job that sims can do in a group. When fire or disaster broke up, my whole team of fire fighters can go to the location and help to put down the fire. I hope Ghostbuster can do the similar way like in the screenshot.
Theorist
#35 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:58 PM
I made my own fire station but theres a few teething issues:

> Hardly any emergencies.
> Co-workers don't seem to appear. I had to create more sims and designate them.
> Firefighters jacket? Where? They are not appearing under community > misc.

I had a fire yesterday, but my lone sim had no help. No-one followed him. :/

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
#36 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I made my own fire station but theres a few teething issues:

> Hardly any emergencies.
> Co-workers don't seem to appear. I had to create more sims and designate them.

I had a fire yesterday, but my lone sim had no help. No-one followed him. :/

Yeah I've had this as well. There was a fire and there are 3 other people at the fire station yet my sim went alone.

Instructor
#37 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Ranissa : 15th Jun 2010 at 5:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Destynova99
Anyone who has problems of not being able to see window fires and such (and thus have a hard time finishing firefighter missions) you probably have an old version of the no censor mod. There's a new version that keeps all the new Ambitions effects without the censor blur.

I don't have a censor blur hack in my game and apparently I can't see window fires, either. Anyone know if there's other things that cause the glitch?

I like the career. My game has only generated one rabbit-hole gas leak and two small house fires - excited to see something more "epic".

Edit: Checked the official forums and apparently this is a pretty wide-spread glitch and not just about window fires. We'll see if it "fixed itself" as some have reported. Also seems to happen more if your firefighter *isn't* in Twinbrook.
Instructor
#38 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:28 PM
You should make the wall visible to see the fire in the window.
Instructor
#39 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
You should make the wall visible to see the fire in the window.

I have the walls up when I fight fires. There were no fires in the windows from what I could see. Just had a meteor strike that was labeled "a small house fire" and after he put out the flames in and outside of the house - yeah, still no recognition he was finished.

It was curious to me, however, that the neighbors stopped freaking out about the fire and wandered away when it looked as if I'd finished. The man of the house stopped for a split-second, too, then resumed while the wife never stopped.

Still like the career but can't advance until the issue is fixed. I *have* successfully completely two prior missions just today it decide to glitch out.
Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:43 PM
Does anyone know if the damage caused by the fires gets reset? I'm wondering if i'll have a bunch of houses burned to the ground.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Yeah I've had this as well. There was a fire and there are 3 other people at the fire station yet my sim went alone.

I don't think any other firefighters ever go just you by your lonesome.
Eminence Grise
#42 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

As decoration? did you look in BuyDebug? It's a career reward for one of the promotions, and I think all the career rewards are in BuyDebug.
Inventor
#43 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I don't think any other firefighters ever go just you by your lonesome.

Well that's what I originally thought until I saw Celebriton's post about a group of her sims going to fight the fire. Anyone else had a joint effort with firefighters? lol

Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:36 PM
I like the it but it's so annoying when my sim sometimes arrives at a burning house (this is when I'm watching him, does not happen if I'm not) and he just goes straight back to the firestation or home instead of actually putting out the fires or saving any people Or he puts the fires out but don't save anyone or other way around.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Theorist
#45 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
As decoration? did you look in BuyDebug? .

Yeah I looked. I can't see it.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#46 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by naomiuk
Im playing the firefighter at the moment - she is upto Assistant Fire Chief. I like it, but its abit repetative. Shes got the horsepower upto 3 or 4 and just keeps maintaining it. When I get called out to the houses I put the fires out, but the sims keep screaming and pulling their hair. When ive checked everywhere to make sure ive not missed anything - they still keep doing it, so eventually I go home, then get a message saying my performance has dropped because I didnt complete the job.

I just had an earthquake, bit weird - wasnt expecting it and my screen started shaking. I had to save 3 sims and calm them down, put out a gasleak and extinquish fires. I got the three sims safely out the rubble, they ran outside freaking out (I couldnt click on the to calm down). I stopped the gasleak (but it wasnt regonised that I had) and put the flames out, and even cleaned up their house and still - poor performance.

Anyone else experiencing similar or can help me?

I had the same problem where my jobs weren't being completed in both the firefighter and ghostbuster careers... I realised the problem was with the no mosaic mod, even the one that has been updated for Ambitions. Maybe you have similar mods?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:55 PM
I like this career, but my Sim went to work this morning and his firetruck had completely disappeared. I looked all over the neighborhood, thinking it was stuck in a street somewhere, but it is nowhere to be found. It's not in his inventory or on the home lot either. Is there any way I can get it back? Has anyone else had this happen?
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bettybrant
I like this career, but my Sim went to work this morning and his firetruck had completely disappeared. I looked all over the neighborhood, thinking it was stuck in a street somewhere, but it is nowhere to be found. It's not in his inventory or on the home lot either. Is there any way I can get it back? Has anyone else had this happen?

Have you tried the family inventory?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Alchemist
#49 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bettybrant

Are you saying it wasn't at the fire station?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:42 PM
Sorry -- I posted that previous message from my daughter's laptop while my computer was busy saving, and didn't realize she was still logged in.

No, it wasn't in the family inventory and it is not in his personal inventory either. When he went on an emergency (small house fire) it magically appeared in the street and he was able to drive there with it, but on returning to the firestation after the emergency, it did not appear in the parking space again. I wouldn`t care, but how can he maintain it and upgrade the engine if it is never parked? It`s such a strange glitch and rather worrying.
Page 2 of 4