Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Tracker

by RebaLynnTS Posted 1st Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:50 PM by Nysha

176 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 8:43 PM
Just finished reinstalling both (framework 4 first, Sim Tracker second, like you suggested) and I'm still getting the error message. Should I try reinstalling again using the main administrator account?

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 9:45 PM
Yes, because Microsoft does not recognize me as a vendor, you will need to install and run it as administrator.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
Can you make a tutorial on HOW to use the tracker?? Like where the HECK do I use the setup in the options???? I freakin' need HELP!!!

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
The Sims 2: Great for machinima, not gameplays 9/10
The Sims 3: Great Gameplay 7/10
The Sims 4: Improving but so far 8/10
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anjalah
Can you make a tutorial on HOW to use the tracker?? Like where the HECK do I use the setup in the options???? I freakin' need HELP!!!

It says "Be sure to setup your options before you continue." how do I DO that??

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:24 PM
There is a help section. Click on the Help Menu in the menu bar, or press ALT + F1.

Options are under Tools > Options...

Most of the things in the help section are current. Some still need to be updated. I am also going to post a help page on my web-site.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Anjalah : 5th Jan 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
There is a help section. Click on the Help Menu in the menu bar, or press ALT + F1.

Options are under Tools > Options...

Most of the things in the help section are current. Some still need to be updated. I am also going to post a help page on my web-site.

Thanks but when I load the nhood, it says that I need to go to the options again. What do I need to do in the options??

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anjalah
Thanks but when I load the nhood, it says that I need to go to the options again. What do I need to do in the options??

And then when I close it, then try to reopen it, they say the program has stopped working...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 12:05 AM
It should not ask you to do the options except when you create a new neighborhood.

In options, you will be able to add new skintones, eye colors, hair colors, and other items. It is not needed to use the program, but is a good idea.

You are not deleting and re-adding the neighborhood, are you?

What version are you using? If it is not 1.160 you will need to download, and install the new version, as the older ones had a issue with deleting neighborhoods.

---
Theorist
THANKS POST
#34 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:17 PM
This is beyond awesome. Seriously, this is amazingly helpful. I've just started playing my own custom hood too, so it's perfect timing and hasn't been too arduous a task to fill everything in.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:06 PM
I've reinstalled framework 4 and the Sim Tracker again on the main administrator account. I'm still getting the error message about not having installed framework 4 though and I don't know why... what should I do now?

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:59 PM Last edited by RebaLynnTS : 6th Jan 2012 at 4:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nuidyaforever
I've reinstalled framework 4 and the Sim Tracker again on the main administrator account. I'm still getting the error message about not having installed framework 4 though and I don't know why... what should I do now?

This is beginning to sound like a problem with windows. I'll do some research and see what I can dig up. You might consider talking to someone at Microsoft, as well.

It could be you don't have the correct version of dot net framework. If your system is 32 bit, and you got the 64 bit version, that could be a problem, for example.

you also might want to try downloading the framework from this site http://www.microsoft.com/net/download

---
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 6:48 PM
So far I really like this program but how do I add the fixed career files?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 7:42 PM
I'll post these on the front page a bit later.

Here's how to fix it.

1. Download the file attached to this post.
2. Go to c://RLMsoft/TextFiles/W7-SimTracker/Careers
3. Replace AdultMilitary.txt & AdultPolitics.txt with the downloaded files.
4. Go to MyDocuments/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/[UserName]/Files
5. Delete Files "AC7_AdultCareer.bin" and "AC8_AdultCareer.bin"
6. Rerun the program.

It should fix that problem. I'll post an update that will keep it from happening to anyone else.

---
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 8:48 PM
Reba, I've got it working now... the problem was an older version of .Net Framework not updating correctly, but I've found a solution for it and I can run the Sim Tracker now.

Thanks for creating this program and for your advice. I can't tell you how useful this will be to me.

*runs off to play with new toy*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:03 AM
Glad to hear you got it working.
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 12:41 AM
Hey so I went to download the new version of the program and I got an error page with the line:

"No file specified"

Ignore this comment if you're uploading a new version of the program.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 2:12 PM
Exactly what I was doing

---
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:42 PM
I love it! I have been playing with this since the 5th & still haven't input all of my sims yet ::cries:: but it has been amazingly helpful & easy to use. Thanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 9:10 PM Last edited by tiffyt11206 : 10th Jan 2012 at 12:37 AM.
I adore this program!
This is so just what I needed and I am glad it doesn't auto update as I am a total control freak when it comes to my sims.
With that said, I have some questions.
1. I am in options trying to add new fraternities and sororities and delete the old ones. But can't. I added a custom university as well but it wont let me edit the greek houses. Why? Am I doing it wrong?
2. I deleted a spouse and when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to delete it from the other sim as well I said yes, now everytime I do anything I get the window that says "Can't read sims spouses!". I click ok a few times and it goes away but when I go to the next sim it does the same one. It's a bit annoying and I am not sure if it's messing anything up. What gives? How do I fix?
Thanks for sharing this awesome program! :D

Edit* One more question. Is there a way to make two sims in different households siblings if there are no parents? I have a few of these.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyt11206
I adore this program!
This is so just what I needed and I am glad it doesn't auto update as I am a total control freak when it comes to my sims.
With that said, I have some questions.

Thank you, I'll do my best to answer them.

1. I am in options trying to add new fraternities and sororities and delete the old ones. But can't. I added a custom university as well but it wont let me edit the greek houses. Why? Am I doing it wrong?

I'll check into those, I thought they were working, but something may have gotten left out.

2. I deleted a spouse and when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to delete it from the other sim as well I said yes, now everytime I do anything I get the window that says "Can't read sims spouses!". I click ok a few times and it goes away but when I go to the next sim it does the same one. It's a bit annoying and I am not sure if it's messing anything up. What gives? How do I fix?
Thanks for sharing this awesome program! :D

I'm going to add a feature that will let you reset the spouse files. I'll have to look and see if I can find out why this is happening. Do you have the latest version 1.17?
I thought for sure I fixed that.

Edit* One more question. Is there a way to make two sims in different households siblings if there are no parents? I have a few of these.

Not yet. I'm looking into it, but it might be a bit tricky.

---
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 5:58 PM
Found the reason for both problems, and just uploaded a fix, please download version 1.171.
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 8:09 PM
Would it be possible to add the ability to add your own scholarships?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#48 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 8:27 PM
Yes, I guess I left it out. Well, it is a big job

Will be added in the next update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 10:25 PM
Thanks so much! I am updating my version.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#50 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 11:59 PM
I have a question. If I want to install your program on a different PC, how do I transfer all the information in the database? Or if I want to make a backup of the database and store it on the flash card, what exactly needs to be copied?
Page 2 of 8