Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 589 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 152,679 Views
Uploaded: 22nd Feb 2006 at 3:46 AM
Updated: 16th May 2009 at 10:24 AM by Numenor - Updated info and links
EDIT by MTS2 Staff

Gunmod, the creator of the Radiance Light System, has quit modding long ago and therefore the development of the Radiance has been discontinued.
However, other people have continued GunMod's work, or have created alternative lighting systems.

Here are some useful links to various existing Light Systems (thanks Niol for collecting and providing them); the Radiance version 2.4 can also be installed automatically using the SCRIPTORIUM (old versions 2.1 to 2.3 can only be installed by hand).
  • Radiance Light System 2.1 by GunMod @ MTS2 (LINK)
  • Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1 by GunMod & Chocolate Pi @ MTS2 (LINK)
  • GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.3 for all EP/SP by dDefinder @ MTS2 (LINK)
  • GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.4 for all EP/SP by dDefinder @ MTS2 (LINK)
  • Lighting Mod by spookymuffin @ InSIM (LINK)
  • Aaron's Ambiance Mod by stargazer @ GaySimsClub2 (LINK)

And here are some links about modding the lighting.txt game file:

If interested, please visit the provided links and read the instructions, specifications and compatibility of each mod from its own thread

@ Chocolate Pi (by Numenor): hope you don't mind if I've added these info to your thread )

(Original Chocolate Pi's post following)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm the type of person who like to sit back and take orders form others, UNTIL nothing is going on and somebody has to take initiative. Gunmod stop working on this wonderful mod awhile ago (for reasons that could not be more understandable), and since then nothing has happened. So, I grabbed the horns myself. (For all I know, somebody else might have been working on it for all this time and I've just offended them... Eek!)

I was only able to do this because Gunmod left the mod 99% complete and with very detailed notes. I have left all his notes and readmes and todo files in this release, which I have dubbed "2.2 BETA Release Candidate 1". It is in all probability not finished, I eagerly await everyone's suggested tweaks to the light settings.

ONLY DOWNLOAD TO TEST! NO TYPICAL INSTALLATION OR TROUBLESHOOTING HELP WILL BE PROVIDED! THIS IS NOT A FINAL RELEASE!

Now, what will be replaced, or what you need to backup:
1. Your main lighting.txt file
2. The lighting.txt files in your EP folders, including downtown_lot.txt
3. Your .nlo light override files in your EP lights folders.
4. userstartup.cheat in My Documents (Take note!)
In other words, backup your lighting folders, and your local userstartup.cheat file if you have changed it to anything worth keeping.

This mod will, besides over-writing those files, also place several custom light replacement profiles in your main lights folder, created by Gunmod. Also included is a shader file that should automatically be dropped in your downloads folder; this is Gunmod's little gift to your pools. (Requires Pixel Shader 2, that would be Geforce 5200 and Radeon 9500 I believe, or higher)

With that, have fun testing! All credit belongs to Gunmod, who we wish the best of luck!