Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 8:41 PM
Default Three Lakes Tent Glitch
This would be pretty much the first time I've had a family vacation They are staying at the first lot, where it's just tents and I'm having a bit of a problem...whenever I select a tent and the Get In option the sim will respawn right next to the tent. Even if they try to go in themselves this will happen. Obviously this is a problem cause they can't sleep or anything. So, any help? Solutions?
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 10:32 PM
I have never had any problems with the Three Lakes Campground or the BV tent itself. There are multiple things I would try to fix this or avoid it:
-Did you make sure that your Sims actually claimed the tent for your household? I remember my sister was playing and she had a problem with the tents not working, but I showed her that she had to claim the tent for her Sims to sleep in.
-Is there any download you have that could be affecting it? Probably not, unless you've downloaded something related to changing the way tents function or something.
-Have you tried using tents on other lots? Just go into a regular household in your main hood, buy a tent, and test it. If the tent works, then the issues either have to do with the Campground lot itself or that Sims didn't claim it.
-If that doesn't help use the cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", shift+click the tent, force error, reset. Maybe the tent was being used and was interrupted or something, like when you try to delete an object and it says "Can't delete object in use". After testing it again make sure you turn off the cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" (both cheats typed in the cheat box without the quotations)
-Final resort: Sorry I am not very good when it comes to knowing about the guts of the game and the way it works, I just know how to fix simple things and keep my game safe. So if what I said doesn't help you and if nobody else can help you I would (1) use something to keep your Sims' energy up (maxmotives, Sim Blender, etc) or (2) just move them into a hotel.
Hope you can fix it! I love camping and it would suck if my Sims couldn't enjoy it as well. Plus tent woohoo is pretty funny! Good luck
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
-Is there any download you have that could be affecting it? Probably not, unless you've downloaded something related to changing the way tents function or something.

I found this isn't always the case. When I installed BV, I found my Sims had a nasty jump bug when they were trying to kiss each other or hit each other with pillows, and the problem was a move_in mod! Sometimes conflicting CC doesn't seem to make a bit of sense.

To the OP ... Yup. You might have to do that annoying 50/50 stuff that many of us sigh about because it can be quite a time-waster. But I do agree with BeckyBoo8 about trying this first:

Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
-Have you tried using tents on other lots? Just go into a regular household in your main hood, buy a tent, and test it. If the tent works, then the issues either have to do with the Campground lot itself or that Sims didn't claim it.

That may help pinpoint a problem and give you more clues as to what is causing it.... for instance, is there something lot-specific?

Ditto on the "good luck".

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.