Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 4:58 AM
The Components That Make Up Dialogs?
I've been browsing the forums for information pertaining to dialogs. I've read through UNDERSTANDING SIMANTICS Part V - By Adidas, which, though a bit old, has a lot of valuable info. However, this, and other info I've found, deals mostly with using dialogs within BHAVs.

I'm interested in knowing the various component working behind the scenes. For instance, I know where to find the visual components and the basic layout info ( Images and UI Data in ui.package ). I know that there is text both in UIText.package as well as the STR# resources for individual objects.

I assume that the actual interactions/behaviors for the dialogs are largely inaccessible. I'm just wondering if there are any other changeable components. For example, what determines how many plot icons are displayed in the dialog for creating a novel?

Any other pertinent info would be great.
Thanks
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:25 AM
You will get a fair amount of info about controlling dialogs by opening the BHAV editor in SimPE and setting up a line to call the dialog primitive. Then click on the hammer and sickle button (or whatever it's meant to be) to get the wizard up. You will see all the different features you can choose in that.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:22 PM
Hmm, thanks, Inge, though that's not exactly what I'm looking for. Controlling dialog options via BHAVs in SimPE isn't too hard. It just seems that sometimes there are aspects of a dialog that should be customizable within a BHAV, but aren't, or I can't see how they are. Oh well. Thanks anyway.