Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#8201 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Like the outfit and mask aren't already a giveaway.

indeed, but at least those are black (or very dark) clothes and make it easier to not be immediately spotted at night.

C-A
Advertisement
Alchemist
#8202 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Suva... I can never remember the name. Suvasomething Resort. It's a beach that does connect to the ocean. On a previous savefile in that world, I made a pair of siblings who I only put in to have them be jobless so they can spend their day at the beach. Which worked. I do the same on this file and nothing works, and I made sure that the family I created specifically for being "beach dummies" does *not* have jobs or anything.
Yes, I have the festival grounds, but I have Hagino Tamami and another Sim be the "merchant dummies" for that.

C-A

Oh. I've always thought the only reason the profession is glitch was because the beach isn't connected to the ocean. This is why professions aren't reliable, like Ghost Hunter that was once glitched. I think it's fixed now, though.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#8203 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 4:04 PM
So, my sim was making potions with the alchemy station and one fouled up, so she became a toad. The game said that the cure was the "special kiss". She asked one of her best friends to give her the "special toad kiss". He turned into a toad instead of curing her, and he was not especially happy about it. I have her make a cure elixir for herself and try it and that works. So I have her make another for her friend. I figure, as long as I'm there to cure him, I'll ask him to prom. He says "You should ask someone at your own level". Pretty rude, right? So she left, taking the cure potion with her, and didn't heal him til AFTER prom. Bet his prom picture was a real keeper.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8204 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anifromid2
So, my sim was making potions with the alchemy station and one fouled up, so she became a toad. The game said that the cure was the "special kiss". She asked one of her best friends to give her the "special toad kiss". He turned into a toad instead of curing her, and he was not especially happy about it. I have her make a cure elixir for herself and try it and that works. So I have her make another for her friend. I figure, as long as I'm there to cure him, I'll ask him to prom. He says "You should ask someone at your own level". Pretty rude, right? So she left, taking the cure potion with her, and didn't heal him til AFTER prom. Bet his prom picture was a real keeper.
From my experience inactive Sims carry that opinion of your Sims with them that was the last when you ended any conversation. What I mean is that if you leave them in a state where they think, for example, that your Sim is alluring the next time you meet them again they will continue with this. Same with any negative moods. So, if you don't apologise when you did something that pisses them off they will still think your Sim is rude even after days. This has some interesting consequences, because if you call them on the phone while they're still in that mood the relationship can go down during the phone call instead of the usual increase in relationship points.
#8205 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 3:09 PM
I just discovered that the new low bookshelves that came with Roaring Heights are clones of the bookshelf that stocks childrens' books when placed in a library. This means that the library in Roaring Heights contains mostly childrens' books and not much more
Test Subject
#8206 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 6:40 PM
When I was playing the sims my sim had became friends with her car ! lol
#8207 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 9:16 PM
Another discovery with regard to Roaring Heights is that whoever built the community lots doesn't seem to play the game very often: the Death Fish spawner, while indeed placed in the graveyard, is inside one of the fountain pools that surround the mausoleum .
One Minute Ninja'd
#8208 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Another discovery with regard to Roaring Heights is that whoever built the community lots doesn't seem to play the game very often: the Death Fish spawner, while indeed placed in the graveyard, is inside one of the fountain pools that surround the mausoleum .

Is THAT where it is? I couldn't find it so I added a spawner to the lake in the middle of town just to have death fish to catch. I would never have thought to look in a fountain for it. So does that mean I can send my childish sims and kids there to fish, because they can fish from pools, or is the fountain totally off limits?
#8209 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 11:03 PM
I've no idea whether a fountain is fishable, too, but in any case as far as I know fishing from a pool is not spawner related. It's like fishing while in a boat: you can catch any random fish but not directly from spawners.
Test Subject
#8210 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 5:17 AM
Snowy the Snow Bear from The Sims 3 Seasons: if you look at the description, there's a reference to Frosty the Snowman

Angels and Demons... I like the anime kind
I especially LUV SIMS

'Gemmie12'(or Blansive or Sammie) Luvs Simmies
Scholar
#8211 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 8:32 PM
I discovered I should never trust my sims' judgement on what a "Hot Spot" is that is "brimming with people".
Seriously, how many sims do I need to put into my damn town for more than ONE non-controlled to show up in a place?
I don't have that many community lots that are not workplaces, anyway...

C-A
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8212 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:48 PM
Hey, looks like my last house party.

*rimshot*

Seriously, though, I keep running into the same problem. I made a sleazy little dive bar and put a few parked cars from Buy Debug in the lot, so it would at least look populated from the outside. It's only when you actually enter the building that the illusion shatters. Seriously, where is everyone? Is there a secret cock fighting ring that I don't know about?
Scholar
#8213 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 12:13 AM
I discovered... that Bridgeport LAGS LIKE HELL!

C-A
#8214 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 4:29 PM
Normally I haven't paid attention to Sims singing 'foreign' languages before, as I thought the languages are the same Simlish in everyday ordinary Sim speaking but imitating the accent of each foreign country in real life.

Yesterday I did. I realized Sims singing some words of foreign language but most of them are mixed with random Simlish languages.
I know this game is not supposedly imitating the foreign language that accurate, especially The Sims tends to humor & cartoony, not imitate real life that realistic. I heard the Chinese version, the pronunciation is way too English and sounds funny. The French... I'm not fluent in this language so I interpreted the words what I think I hear. Good job at the imitating the French accent part, it's cute. :lovestruc What I have known the 'Nooboo' word means 'Baby' in Simlish. The Egyptian version. doesn't sound Arabic to me at all.. but I thought I hear more standard Simlish words but with some words huddled together.

Ping and His Checkers: Ban de ne ta wa zou hei ban da glarn fell cham cao wei

The Love of Xing Lo: Ben ne tou dei ah sip wen na qi na wi sou gwei na ken zou ba na qi

Phillipe‘s Kenspa: Pampa chez na deux key sont c’est bu key za spa tou

Je t’aime: Mon chez nu mon chez vwa eepee nooboo, oh nooboo, ce sont

Under Desert Sun: Sanabisadi fumanupare nobapoha thasinawa

Oh Where Is my Mummy?: Iii no bassitha goreb, si na tebwa flenja tweeb

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Scholar
#8215 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 10:23 AM
The "Can Apprehend Burglars" trait is apparently POINTLESS because my athletic sim with that trait fought the burglar, won, and that jerk still managed to escape. What does this damn trait DO!?

C-A
#8216 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 12:03 AM
I just discovered how absolutely game-crippling the Limousine bug can be: my current game ran abolutely fine until my Sim reached level 8 in the Fortune Teller career; from that moment onwards did I not only get 1000s of Limos that Overwatch deleted daily but also other things that suddenly became very sluggish, like moving the camera in map view (it even crashed the game), map tag display, switching households. I do use nonamena's mod but not the one that removes the Limo for the Fortune Teller career. I also realised that my two other problem games contain Sims that are retired from different Limousine-related careers that nona's mod should take care of and begin to suspect that the Limo bug is not entirely fixed by nona's mod and Overwatch alone.
Scholar
#8217 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 10:40 PM
children cant read the photography book...but they can listen to a tabcast on photography from the ipad
Mad Poster
#8218 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 9:02 AM
apple cobbler and plum cobbler look different thanks EA..

also, i learned bouncers always look so angry :o

Field Researcher
#8219 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 11:36 AM
That child witches' broomsticks have training wheels...
Alchemist
#8220 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
That child witches' broomsticks have training wheels...

I wanna see the pic! :o

Just call me Nikel
Inventor
#8221 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 12:44 PM
The jetpack-kiss and woohoo.
Field Researcher
#8222 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
The jetpack-kiss and woohoo.

Mile high club.
Lab Assistant
#8223 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 10:17 PM
Today I learned with master controller if you forget to set your CAS settings before going into CAS you can right click the three dots in the bottom left to open it.
Forum Resident
#8224 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I discovered I should never trust my sims' judgement on what a "Hot Spot" is that is "brimming with people".
Seriously, how many sims do I need to put into my damn town for more than ONE non-controlled to show up in a place?
I don't have that many community lots that are not workplaces, anyway...

C-A

I even tried using master controller that allows you to add sims to community lots. I put beds upstairs, a refrigerator, TV, etc in The Grind. The sims that I moved into live at the bar were always yawning, when the bar closed,they all stood around outside yawning and eventually moved out on their own after a few days.

I read a suggestion to use cheats to change sims traits to include party animal, but that didn't work either. I never had TS2, but remember that any bar, club or restaurant in The Sims was always packed day or night. Its a big disappointment in TS3.
#8225 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 9:34 AM
Unfortunately I just discovered that the contents of alchemy cabinets do not transfer when you export a household to another world. Bye bye all you carefully collected and ground Sunstones, Moonstones, Fairy Damsels, butterflies
Page 329 of 490