Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 8:21 PM
Default None of my custom object animations play in game
(First of all, I apologize in advance if I've posted this in the wrong place. I wasn't sure if I should ask here or in the animation research forum.)

So hi, first time poster here this is a bit awkward.

I converted the TSM orrery object, and I'm now trying to make it animated. To do so, I've followed Echo's "Building a new object skeleton" and "Making your first custom object animation" tutorials mostly successfully. My boned object displays properly in game, my BHAV produces no errors, my anims have values in them in simPE. However, the animation never plays.
I've played around with my package for a while, then with Echo's finished example object. I've discovered that my problem seem to come from my anim files themselves: even when I create one from Echo's object, it won't play in game. This makes me suspect there's something going wrong between Milkshape, the animesh extractor and simPE, but beside that I'm completely at lost here.

I've attached a .rar file with my object package and my animations in both Milkshape and 5an format in case someone would be kind enough to take a look at them.

Thanks! (also thanks in general to mts for being such a great resources for tutorials of all kind. <3 )
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Orrery that wont animate.rar (722.7 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content