Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 7:11 AM Last edited by abagofweed : 26th Feb 2013 at 4:17 AM.
-Copyright infringement- Please read if you are a creator
I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting my thread, but general discussion sounded the closest to it; and this is something that I need as many content creators as possible to see.

There are stores like this all over second life. As you may know, this has been going on for years; but I believe now, with most sl shopping done in their marketplace (Costs no money to sell things, other than the uploading fee if you actually uploaded anything in world to make your product; all of this within a browser) that this behavior is becoming more rampant and choking out the SL population.

I urge you, be on the lookout for your content in/on second life. They are stealing from you and they are using your content to steal real money from others. If you recognize someone else's work, please notify them.

If it is acceptable here, I will post more stolen goods as I find them. Thank you

Check these for your content:
One
Two
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:10 PM
Please keep us informed, especially those who created files for MTS. not everyone can see SL and find their creations on their community.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 3:17 PM
I don't understand. These are pictures of all sorts of random Sims 2 and Sims 3 content - hairs, sims, clothes, skintones etc. What are they actually selling? Have they converted the content?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 4:36 PM Last edited by HarVee : 25th Feb 2013 at 9:06 PM.
Funny, this Pumpkin chick posts "NO REFUND !" as her policy. Yeah of course you're not going to give me a refund after you've committed fraud.

She also states in the Biography of her store: "SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AFTER BUYING MY PRODuCts i WILL SEND YOU THE TEMPLATE"

Yeah, how stupid do you think people are lady?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 5:47 PM
Oh, so they're just using pics of sim stuff to con people into sending them money and getting nothing in return? Well, that's really less offensive to creators, actually .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I don't understand. These are pictures of all sorts of random Sims 2 and Sims 3 content - hairs, sims, clothes, skintones etc. What are they actually selling? Have they converted the content?

Apparently these are skin templates.
The SL avatar mesh works entirely different than the sim character mesh; it would never look exactly the same.
I just know that I would be appalled to find that someone was using my work, not only to profit (Where, of course, Sims CC is NONPROFIT), but to scam other people over a game.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Funny, this Pumpkin chick posts "NO REFUND !" as her policy. Yeah of course you're not going to give me a refund after you've committed fraud.

She also states in the Biography of her store: "SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AFTER BUYING MY PRODuCts i WILL SEND YOU THE TEMPLATE"

Yeah, how stupid do you think people are lady?

Even dumber is that these accounts linked to these stores pop up and disappear so fast that the person responsible gets away with it. It's just so damn selfish; I just can't comprehend how people think this stuff up and then have the gall to do it.
Theorist
#7 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:33 PM
Sounds more like an outright scam than copyright infringement.

Resident wet blanket.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Sounds more like an outright scam than copyright infringement.

Yup it's tasteless and scummy but, as I've said on here before, you'd have a hard time proving copyright infringement for free sims CC. Just doesn't apply.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 12:55 AM
Bleh, if people try to take my stuff I'd be so angry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 4:18 AM
Just found another one with, again, nothing but sims content...
I've set up a list at the top; I know it will be hard to find anyone's this way, but I can't think of any other way to organize it.. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful. Thank you