Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Wait, that was an option? AWESOME.
It's practically its own genre of humour: Sims patch change descriptions that make you want to try the un-patched version. When I new to the game it seemed like patches were frequent, and reading things like "Sims can no longer Try for Baby with the Grim Reaper" was half the fun.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
Fancy new sci-fi wallpapers that I don't remember seeing around before the patch. Probably to go with the alien world they're apparently going to start hyping soon.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...reenshot62l.jpg

Link takes me to the home page.
Scholar
#53 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 11:59 PM
Fancy new sci-fi wallpapers that I don't remember seeing around before the patch. Probably to go with the alien world they're apparently going to start hyping soon.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...reenshot62l.jpg

Cool...
Field Researcher
#54 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Link takes me to the home page.

Damn. Now both Tinypic and imageshack are being moody with me. I reuploaded it to Photobucket, so it should work now.
Alchemist
#55 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:07 AM
Damn. Now both Tinypic and imageshack are being moody with me. I reuploaded it to Photobucket, so it should work now.

Works well. Thanks for all your info, Alliteration.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Works well. Thanks for all your info, Alliteration.

Y'welcome. Beats doing Trig homework.
Alchemist
#57 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:13 AM
Beats doing Trig homework.

In a New York minute. (I have no idea what that means, but it sounds good.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:42 AM
In a New York minute. (I have no idea what that means, but it sounds good.)

Trigonometry (from Greek trigōnon "triangle" + metron "measure" is a branch of mathematics that studies triangles and the relationships between their sides and the angles between these sides.

Our wiki lesson for today. Sounds way to deep for me.
Alchemist
#59 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:57 AM
Trigonometry (from Greek trigōnon "triangle" + metron "measure" is a branch of mathematics that studies triangles and the relationships between their sides and the angles between these sides.

Our wiki lesson for today. Sounds way to deep for me.

no-no-no. Thank you, anyway. My fault. I must have worded that wrong. I meant I didn't know what a New York minute was. (I'm a clueless Canadian.) But now I know more about trig, too, so there ya go, all's well that calls for supper.
Scholar
#60 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:11 AM

Oh my god, that's an item? That looks like what happens when the mesh of a badly made CC item breaks!

I meant I didn't know what a New York minute was. (I'm a clueless Canadian.)

A faster-than-normal minute. New York City is New York City, so the joke is that everything goes on faster there, even time. So if something only takes a New York minute, it's even faster than a normal minute.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:13 AM
no-no-no. Thank you, anyway. My fault. I must have worded that wrong. I meant I didn't know what a New York minute was. (I'm a clueless Canadian.) But now I know more about trig, too, so there ya go, all's well that calls for supper.

Ah, well in that case... a "New York Minute" is something that is done instantly...sorta like the blink of an eye!
Scholar
#62 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:17 AM
I'm happy that my shop mode is off, that would have made me mad!
I've played the patch, had to remove one mod that isn't compatible yet but besides that I'm fine. Besides the random freezing every once in a while that's been happening since Pets has been installed, bah.
One Minute Ninja'd
#63 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
I'm happy that my shop mode is off, that would have made me mad!
I've played the patch, had to remove one mod that isn't compatible yet but besides that I'm fine. Besides the random freezing every once in a while that's been happening since Pets has been installed, bah.

Great, the sims3 official site is "down for maintenance" (which really bodes well for them hosting all those new online SHT passport "features", when they can't even handle traffic related to a freaking patch), so I can't spray soda on my monitor while I read about the "fixes" they've come up with.

Can you list what mods you have that are working, and which one seems busted? With Twallan going on vacation, there is no way I'm taking a chance on a patch to fix a dented baby head that may break any needed mods for my currently metastable game.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:51 AM
Default Missing Cauldron
Quote: Originally posted by PhenethyaSim
•Fixed an issue where the ladle failed to function with the magic cauldron
Am I missing something? since when has there been a magic cauldron? I feel daft.

I was wondering about that, too...I don't have a cauldron. Do you have a cauldron? lol...I have to shake my head sometimes at EA...
Field Researcher
#65 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Great, the sims3 official site is "down for maintenance" (which really bodes well for them hosting all those new online SHT passport "features", when they can't even handle traffic related to a freaking patch), so I can't spray soda on my monitor while I read about the "fixes" they've come up with.

Can you list what mods you have that are working, and which one seems busted? With Twallan going on vacation, there is no way I'm taking a chance on a patch to fix a dented baby head that may break any needed mods for my currently metastable game.

That site is unreliable as all hell. I can barely even see it half the time.

Twallan's SP seems to be working by the way. I haven't really seen if any of the others that I have are broken or not.
Eminence Grise
#66 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:16 AM
:O OK now I am curious... about the store stuff... and its turn-offability.

Off to patch my game and experiment!
Scholar
#67 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:22 AM
I meant I didn't know what a New York minute

its a song...lol
Scholar
#68 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
:O OK now I am curious... about the store stuff... and its turn-offability.

Off to patch my game and experiment!

i have had mine turned off since i got the freebies from generations...i have
played 2 sims days with internet on...and checked twice....no sign of store stuff....
Test Subject
#69 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:29 AM
Nice move EA, make a patch, then have the site down for maintenance. I was hoping to get a couple hours of play in before going to work tonight, but now I just want to leave it alone until I know exactly what's in the patch. I hadn't had much chance to play lately either, so I was really looking forward to it.
Scholar
#70 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

I don't have Twallan's mod right now (something with my network isn't liking that site and a few others ), the only one that doesn't work right now is cmar's slider hack and tattoo thing. But I think that you should wait until Twallan is back before using the patch.
Alchemist
#71 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
its a song...lol

I'm getting my education right up to date with you folks.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:47 AM
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...18.page#7185277

Petalbot has found a window. Any of you all that patched, have you seen it?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
#73 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:51 AM
I patched... found four "fantasy trees", which I think are pretty awesome... 9 sci-fi-ish walls... and yes lewisb, that window is in there

I gotta say the window and walls look a LOT like some of the offerings in DM's incredible sci fi set... but the plants are quite unique.

And no sign of store offerings in my catalog with "enable store" turned off.

Trees, and in the back you can kinda see the window and one of the walls:

Alchemist
#74 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:54 AM
I patched... found four "fantasy trees", which I think are pretty awesome... 9 sci-fi-ish walls... and yes lewisb, that window is in there

I gotta say the window and walls look a LOT like some of the offerings in DM's incredible sci fi set... but the plants are quite unique.

Oooo... what sci-fi set, please?
Mad Poster
#75 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 2:59 AM

I think the trees are cute, I am having ideas on where to use those trees. Thanks for the information. Now I want to update, but waiting to see what my favorite modders say about their work.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Eminence Grise
#76 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:01 AM
Oooo... what sci-fi set, please?

Watch out -- page has music Set is worth it, though.

http://dymcreations-demonic.blogspot.com/

Most of those objects have the rectangle-with-mitred-corners look, exactly like that new window from EA. Apparently that's a popular shape, in the future
Mad Poster
#77 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:04 AM
*smacks hands against cheeks* OMG!

I think I might need that set, I just think I might. Such cool stuff. :D

Alchemist
#78 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:07 AM
Thank you Sri. Yes, those windows sure look the same!
Eminence Grise
#79 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:18 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 15th Dec 2011 at 3:29 AM.
Aaaaand in my ongoing research on this patch, I tried enabling the store in my game. Caused no problems, but I wasn't seeing the store items int he catalog. So I tried exiting and restarting... and now TS3 crashes at startup

So I am going to see if I can disable the store in an .ini file. Be warned, though

Edit: yup, re-disabling the store in options.ini worked for me. Conclusion: in my game at least, enabling the store with this patch makes the game crash at startup.

If anybody else is experiencing this, you can fix it as follows: make sure enableingamestore = 0 in the options.ini in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. You can fix it by editing with notepad.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Fixed a lighting issue involving Sim baby heads .

I wonder does this mean the next baby I have, will not have the weird dark patch in his head.

wew! and finally they notice THAT!
Instructor
#81 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:22 AM
those trees are tempting me damn those lovely Sci-fi trees But I will not patch till my mods are safe I have too much stuff to worry about I already lost my legacy this week
Scholar
#82 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:27 AM
I tested it, NO DENTED BABIES :D:D:D
Scholar
#83 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
I tested it, NO DENTED BABIES :D:D:D

It's a Christmas miracle!
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:13 AM
For those of you using twallan's mods...from his site...

UPDATE STATUS

In the works:

MasterController
ErrorTrap
UntranslatedKey

Updated:

StoryProgression

Verified Compatible

Everything else

twallan, you rock!
Eminence Grise
#85 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:27 AM
twallan, you rock!

He is Santa's most efficient elf *waves at twallan*
Mad Poster
#86 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:29 AM
For those of you using twallan's mods...from his site...

UPDATE STATUS

In the works:

MasterController
ErrorTrap
UntranslatedKey

Updated:

StoryProgression

Verified Compatible

Everything else

twallan, you rock!

I do agree Twallan rocks. I still have to wait because I must have the MC. Oh dear, am I pitiful?

Forum Resident
#87 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:37 AM
since when is nrass blocked to guest downloading? itsucks that ou have to register and get approved !!! i may not patch and i may not anyway if im not approved!!!

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Forum Resident
#88 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:38 AM
edit never mind i got approved!!!

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:52 AM Last edited by Emmyn : 15th Dec 2011 at 6:05 AM.
Hey, so I want to know if anyone else got a script error since the patch. I played this morning, to trouble, then came the patch, and i now everytime i start the launcher i get a script error.

"An error has occured in the script on this page"
Line:1370
Char: 5
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0
URL: http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/lau...A&var=loggedOut

Anyone else got this? I've done some google search and some here, i've seen a script error but back in august/september in UK, so now it's the turn for canada? o.O

Sorry if it's in the wrong thread, just seemed kinda appropriate, and seeing how Srikandi got some bugs too, i wonder if they are related.

**edit: for those out there getting that error (some people on the ea forums got it too) run the game with the "run without custom content" option. Seem like someone botched a line about their own store...
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:09 AM
Roof pattern?
After I patch my game, I discovered a new roof pattern!
(I don't know if those roof pattern came with patch 1.26, because i skip that patch)
Screenshots
Scholar
#91 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TetraCycline
After I patch my game, I discovered a new roof pattern!
(I don't know if those roof pattern came with patch 1.26, because i skip that patch)

That didn't come from 1.26. I think that must be this patch.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Theorist
#92 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:21 AM
Oh HELL NO!

Make sure you're not logged into Origin and Unlink Facebook!!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:36 AM
Interesting that they're giving us new stuff.

Also I'd like to say that this patch breaks AwesomeMod (which I guess was to be expected). 'Just figured I'd mention that incase anyone was hesitant to download it. Specifically it screws with Build & Buy Mode by corrupting the UI, and preventing the player from re-entering Live Mode or using the Options.
Eminence Grise
#94 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:36 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 15th Dec 2011 at 5:52 AM.
Three new floors, as well :D

BTW, interesting thing about the new trees is that they have a much wider range of size variation than the build in ones. Three consecutive clicks of the same tree. (And yes, I am reimagining the AP water treatment plant as an alien crash site Wait till I get to the alien pets!)

The fluffball things on the purple tree are mostly not connected to the trunk.

Alchemist
#95 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:41 AM
Those new trees are so strange ...I'm rather reminded of Morrowind.
Eminence Grise
#96 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:47 AM
That, or Dr Suess... or the giant mushroom levels in a zillion fantasy games
Mad Poster
#97 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:50 AM
*Distracted by strange, wonderful trees*

Oh how my mind can see them in a park with the magic cauldron and the Fountain of Youth. Would use the spellbook, but don't know it's working for sure. AziSensei at the forum is testing them out by deleting the old files and redownloading.

About the roof, didn't those come in the Pets patch? I do remember them when I installed Pets. I think.

Mad Poster
#98 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:54 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 15th Dec 2011 at 6:07 AM.
Given these new things, I want to see this new world. O_O

Edit: New window... no new door to match. :/

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#99 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:27 AM
The patch messed up my game... D:

EDIT: MasterController screwed it up, now it's fine. Guess this is what I get for patching without waiting for the mods to be updated.
Scholar
#100 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:31 AM
New world? Is it for the coming expansion pack or is it like Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay?

Oh, please. Please be some amazing and creepy Magic Town meets some weird Steampunk world.
Page 2 of 4