Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4076 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:25 PM
For what it matters, when I was playing with this and stuck a small restaurant on the lot, the waitresses would constantly barge into my Sim's apartment to wash dishes -- even when the doors were locked!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#4077 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:39 PM
I learned by chance that pregnant sims can use the torture, erm, interrogation device... the electro dancer I mean.
It gave me a small shock when I visited the disco with my active household and pregnant Rainelle Neengia entered that thing autonomously.

On a sidenote, I know sims can get abducted using the electro dancer. Can that happen only on residential lots or also on community lots?
Mad Poster
#4078 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:47 PM
I think the only way to prevent dishwashers from doing this is to remove all extraneous sinks. Besides, pixels normally do not autonomously wash their hands at restaurants, if I remember correctly. Thus the sinks in the bathrooms are useless deco.

In any restaurant I have in any neighborhood, if it has a kitchen, the only sink will be in the kitchen.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4079 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
On a sidenote, I know sims can get abducted using the electro dancer. Can that happen only on residential lots or also on community lots?

Only if they've previously been abducted, I think. Not sure about community lots- I've never had it happen there, and I have a lot of abductees and a lot of dance spheres.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4080 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 9:31 PM
Wasn't that modded out in a patch?
Mad Poster
#4081 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:12 AM
If you click on any place other than a lot when trying to place a family, it tells you to place a lot there first. Stupid hand tremours.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4082 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:05 PM
Pet Peeve: Just realize that you can't build a fence on the restrictions boarders, despite awning being fine with that.
Mad Poster
#4083 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Pet Peeve: Just realize that you can't build a fence on the restrictions boarders, despite awning being fine with that.

Funny you say that. I was actually, yesterday, adding fences where I have no business adding them with the help of moveobjects on. Maybe we aren't talking about the same restriction borders.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4084 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 10:46 PM
What do you mean by "restriction borders?" I've always been able to put fences along the property line.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4085 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 10:48 PM
You're also unable to place walls at the very edge, even with moveobjects on. So you can't really make buildings that look attached to each other without some lotadjuster fiddling.

Mad Poster
#4086 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
@Ihate: if you like Merola's clock for your game, you'll really love this one:
Chris Hatch's global hack that is based on the clock: http://backalleysims.com/adultsite/...73-Time-Control

I guarantee you'll never go back to the normal game speed again.

I decided to throw it in and give it a test. Just a few hours into the Rutherford household and I love it. It feels so much more relaxed.

Mad Poster
#4087 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:43 AM
You just put this in your Downloads folder and poof..game clock runs at 50% ?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4088 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:49 AM
Yeah, pretty much. You can change the settings on either of the Maxis alarm clocks. If you have the community time mod I think you have to change around the loading order a bit to get it to work.

Theorist
#4089 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:07 AM
I discovered I can make my own patterns (to a certain extent of course .. lol) with the carpets and come up with some pretty neat designs.
Mad Poster
#4090 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:20 AM
That's really cool. How did you do the diagonals? With lots and lots of floor dividers?

Theorist
#4091 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
That's really cool. How did you do the diagonals? With lots and lots of floor dividers?

Yup ... :D

Ran them the full length of the room and then decided on what color scheme I wanted. I've also done it so that it's smaller triangles with more colors by first runnin the dividers one way and doin whatever colors for that section. Then deletin the dividers so I can then run them in the opposite direction. However when doin colors then ya gotta be careful to not do a whole triangle when you mean to do just half of it. It is a bit time consumin and I wouldn't suggest remodlin someone's house that has limited funds this way since you do do a lot of usin and delting which can eat the funds pretty fast.. lol
Mad Poster
#4092 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:33 AM
Nice. I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Instructor
#4093 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:34 AM
Meh, CTRL+F is better and less fund-consuming.
Theorist
#4094 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
Meh, CTRL+F is better and less fund-consuming.

What does that do?

Edit: NVM I looked it up and you still need the dividers to be able to get the triangles. Usin the cheat code just turns the carpet it doesn't make it a triangle.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4095 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 9:01 AM
Ctrl-F actually changes the floor tile into a half tile (triangle), but it was introduced with a later EP so may not work for everyone. Whilst you have the floor tile selected, you can rotate it with the <> keys. Then you can get effects like this with wood planks:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...40811-Floor.jpg
Mad Poster
#4096 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 10:55 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 30th Sep 2017 at 11:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
What does that do?

Edit: NVM I looked it up and you still need the dividers to be able to get the triangles. Usin the cheat code just turns the carpet it doesn't make it a triangle.

No, using < and > rotates a floor tile around. This is great for the pool floor decoration that came with Seasons (the yellow sun on the blue tile floor comes in one quarter piece that must rotated this way four times in order to make a complete sun picture).

Using Ctrl + F activates the Quarter-Tile Tool. Use Ctrl+F again to deactivate the tool. If you use this, you don't even need to use the rotate keys unless there's a pattern that you want to point in a specific direction. The sections will follow your mouse cursor around the edge of the floor square. (This may take some practice.) These cheats were both introduced with Pets and continued into later EPs.

Play around with it to get the feel of it. It can take a bit of getting used to, but the results can be well worth it and it does save a lot of time and trouble.
Screenshots
Scholar
#4097 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:36 PM
I remember I discovered Ctrl+F because of TS3 – when the game was loading for ages it used to show random tips, and one of them was that shortcut for diagonal floor tiles. At some point after seeing it I decided to try i in TS2 and it worked too, I tend to use it quite often, much more convenient than dividers (which only let you have half of a square by the way, not a quarter like the shortcut).

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
just a girl
#4098 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:41 PM
Yeah, this is powerful stuff. You can do a lot even with a single type of floor tile by rotating its quater tiles.
(Sims 3 example, but it works the same in Sims 2, as I understand.)
Scholar
#4099 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 1:13 PM
The problem with tiles in TS2 is that some textures cover more than 1 tile (in Home Crafter you can choose 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 and 5x5 when you create your own floors if I remember correctly; the 5x5 one would of course be very blurred unless you had a really big texture), and that affects the rotating. TS3 doesn’t have that issue.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#4100 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 7:20 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 30th Sep 2017 at 7:44 PM.
Found this happening a while, so it's not "today", but... i discover this habit of sims taking another plate they served for the household right after finishing their OWN plate. Now that smells like a buggy feature to me.
Page 164 of 445