Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Some Personality Please!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th May 2017 at 2:18 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2024 at 10:14 PM by PolarBearSims : Mod Update 11/17/20

1202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 981 Feedback Posts, 220 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 49
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#276 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 6:06 AM
I'm having a problem with woohoo & try for baby. Whenever I try for either interaction, it fails to appear or it takes hours of romantic interactions for woohoo to appear. I thought it had something to do with the "hates children" trait, but even after creating a new female sim with positive traits, the options still don't show. If i take the woohoo and try for baby mods out, they reappear again. I need help!! Thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#277 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LarLyn
I'm having a problem with woohoo & try for baby. Whenever I try for either interaction, it fails to appear or it takes hours of romantic interactions for woohoo to appear. I thought it had something to do with the "hates children" trait, but even after creating a new female sim with positive traits, the options still don't show. If i take the woohoo and try for baby mods out, they reappear again. I need help!! Thanks

If your using the original mod - not the non restricted version - then the sims need a certain relationship for them to appear. Please check the flavors spoiler and read about woohoo and try for baby. That will give you more info

Soon all woohoo interactions will be separated for more convenience and to remove conflict with deaderpool's mc woohoo.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Theorist
Original Poster
#278 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 4:16 PM
UPDATE:

Not a mod update as of yet, this is an update to the mod description page. A new spoiler for "Try for Baby" has been added under the Flavor's --> Personality Please Spoiler. Woohoo and Try for Baby explainations are listed in their spoilers in that location to help with any questions.

Woohoo and Try for Baby will be getting seperated in the near future to help with any conflicts with MC Woohoo and the ones who want to do no strings.

Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

Test Subject
#279 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
If your using the original mod - not the non restricted version - then the sims need a certain relationship for them to appear. Please check the flavors spoiler and read about woohoo and try for baby. That will give you more info

Soon all woohoo interactions will be separated for more convenience and to remove conflict with deaderpool's mc woohoo.

Yes, I've read the woohoo and try for baby spoilers. The friendship and romantic levels would be 90% full if not completely full.
Theorist
Original Poster
#280 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LarLyn
Yes, I've read the woohoo and try for baby spoilers. The friendship and romantic levels would be 90% full if not completely full.

Try for baby needs more than just a romance bar, but an actual bf/f2f or higher. If in some way or another you manually change their relationship sometimes it doesn't update it in the friendship panel. If that's the case then try going to town view and back. The relationship panel needs to also say the required relationship for it to show up. Try for baby by default also needs I believe a steamy conversation to appear plus my added relationship requirement.

The woohoo should show up then, if it doesn't then my question would be if you had any other mods. Any conflict will cause this mod to not work properly. Also what is their conversation level?

Lab Assistant
#281 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 1:39 AM
hi. i just made an account to thank you for this mod and to ask a question. some of the pie menu interaction bubbles show blank space or little llamas instead of text. what does this mean? i've no other mods. thank you for your time!
Theorist
Original Poster
#282 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fewlines
hi. i just made an account to thank you for this mod and to ask a question. some of the pie menu interaction bubbles show blank space or little llamas instead of text. what does this mean? i've no other mods. thank you for your time!

What game version do you have? What flavor dud you download? Did you download any add ons? Is it all interactions or certain ones?

Usually what your referring to means a break in a mod. Never heard of little llamas before instead of text though. I just went into the game and went through all the interaction catagories and didn't see any that were blank or with any llamas on them. Let me know on the questions above and I will try to help you figure out the cause.

Scholar
#283 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 5:14 PM
What game version do you have? What flavor dud you download? Did you download any add ons? Is it all interactions or certain ones?

Usually what your referring to means a break in a mod. Never heard of little llamas before instead of text though. I just went into the game and went through all the interaction catagories and didn't see any that were blank or with any llamas on them. Let me know on the questions above and I will try to help you figure out the cause.

The little llamas used to turn up if you play a non english game and use shift-click-cheats. Some cheats is not translated by EA. MC have the cheats translations included.
Theorist
Original Poster
#284 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:16 AM
UPDATE

CHANGED: All woohoo and try for baby interactions have been removed from the main mod flavors and moved to the Add-On Spoiler. For more info you can read about them under the spoiler "Personality Please! Woohoo-TryForBaby" in the Add-On spoiler.

Why did I make this change?
I myself really enjoy being able to use MC Woohoo but unfortunately it conflicts with my woohoo and try for baby restrictions. Since I am not a scripter-I would love to learn though-I am not able to make pie menu options to disable certain settings like script mods can. So the next best thing that I could think of was just to let you choose what you want by just adding in what appeals to you. You can now download the Main Mod with restrictions or with out and not have any conflict with the "NO STRINGS" option in MC Woohoo.

Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#285 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:09 PM
omg i had woohooer and taking it out i like ur version better my husband was flirting with some1 right at my dinner table with my daughter watching started a fight and i walk off to learn to box so i can kick nancy ass.
Test Subject
#286 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by little_s_xoxo
Hi! I just downloaded this and there are no longer any romance options in the wheel? like at all. I apologize if you've answered this already, I'm new to this site and am still figuring things out.

There is DEF a bug. After downloading the newest version of the Personality please mod there is no romance wheel that pops up even when my sims friendship bar is completely green. Also, even though their friendship bar is completely green it still claims they are aquaintances.......the mod worked fine with the old version, but the new version is def bugged. The romance wheel won't pop up even with their friendship bar completely full. Also, they should not still be acquaintances when the friendship bar is completely green.....I have no other mods.
Theorist
Original Poster
#287 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FrillySlayerPig
There is DEF a bug. After downloading the newest version of the Personality please mod there is no romance wheel that pops up even when my sims friendship bar is completely green. Also, even though their friendship bar is completely green it still claims they are aquaintances.......the mod worked fine with the old version, but the new version is def bugged. The romance wheel won't pop up even with their friendship bar completely full. Also, they should not still be acquaintances when the friendship bar is completely green.....I have no other mods.

I will take a look at it and see if I get the same results. This mod doesn't do anything with the relationship panel at the bottom right of the screen.

Instructor
#288 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:25 PM
I don't have this mod and I experience the same bug. I think it's a glitch on maxis part!

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
#289 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:59 PM
Ooops, no don't worry, the newest download fixed it. Your newest one from a couple of days ago, that seemed to fix it so its all good now :-). If I notice anything else off I will let ya know :-).
Theorist
Original Poster
#290 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:26 PM
Ooops, no don't worry, the newest download fixed it. Your newest one from a couple of days ago, that seemed to fix it so its all good now :-). If I notice anything else off I will let ya know :-).

No problem! Glad it all seems to be working.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#291 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:20 PM
this mod looks amazing!!! can't wait to try it out I was wondering, is it possible to reduce the amount of idle chatter without disabling it completely? (my guess is no lol but I figured it can't hurt to ask) just bc that would make it the most realistic - idle chat with strangers, then more unique actions once your sims actually know each other
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:08 PM
This mod already has career interactions unlocked right? I wanted to make sure cause I have some mods conflicts with your mod: like pregnant sims are no longer restricted, and my own mod to stop autonomous calming down, and the aforementioned career unlocks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#293 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 4:43 AM
I did find one other bug, but it may be intentional (a feature instead of a bug) so just thought I would ask :-). So, now when I use the "make happy" cheat, it raises the bars to green, but it doesn't change the sims emotions panel. When the mod isn't installed it actually makes the sim emotionally happy. Now, it only raises the motives, but does not make them "happy" is this intentional?
Theorist
Original Poster
#294 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HumALittle
This mod already has career interactions unlocked right? I wanted to make sure cause I have some mods conflicts with your mod: like pregnant sims are no longer restricted, and my own mod to stop autonomous calming down, and the aforementioned career unlocks.

It shouldn't have an effect on anything career related unless it's an interaction listed. So it shouldn't unlock anything dealing with careers.

It would conflict with any mod that deals with the calming down intrraction. I added that to this mod bc of the funny interactions that were added. I didn't want sims who over did it on funny to die of laughter. The calming down interaction in this mod has been tuned so hopefully it isn't used to often unless a sim is in a really funny conversation.

What are you referring to on pregnant sims? Restrictions of what kind? This shouldn't restrict or unrestrict anything with pregnant sims, just tunes certain interactions.

Theorist
Original Poster
#295 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:08 AM
I did find one other bug, but it may be intentional (a feature instead of a bug) so just thought I would ask :-). So, now when I use the "make happy" cheat, it raises the bars to green, but it doesn't change the sims emotions panel. When the mod isn't installed it actually makes the sim emotionally happy. Now, it only raises the motives, but does not make them "happy" is this intentional?

Using any cheat could have strange effects with any mod depending on the mods purpose. :-/

This mod only deals with interactions themselves not emotions. Sometimes conflicts have strange effects as well. Making them happy also relies on their buffs as well as motives. Do they still have any negative buffs that didn't fall off when you used the cheat?

Test Subject
#296 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:19 AM
Using any cheat could have strange effects with any mod depending on the mods purpose. :-/

This mod only deals with interactions themselves not emotions. Sometimes conflicts have strange effects as well. Making them happy also relies on their buffs as well as motives. Do they still have any negative buffs that didn't fall off when you used the cheat?

Yep, when your mod is installed the make happy in game cheat will only change the sims motives, ie bladder, hunger, etc, but the sims emotional state and whims stay the same. When the mod isn't installed it does what its always done which is make the sims emotional state "happy" as well as raise the sims motives. So, in other words with the mod installed it only raises the motives and no longer actually makes the sim "happy" like it normally does. I hope this makes sense and thank you for always responding so quickly, its very much appreciated as is your hard work on this mod in general :-). Oh and I have no other mods in game so I don't think its a conflict.
Theorist
Original Poster
#297 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:24 AM
Yep, when your mod is installed the make happy in game cheat will only change the sims motives, ie bladder, hunger, etc, but the sims emotional state and whims stay the same. When the mod isn't installed it does what its always done which is make the sims emotional state "happy" as well as raise the sims motives. So, in other words with the mod installed it only raises the motives and no longer actually makes the sim "happy" like it normally does. I hope this makes sense and thank you for always responding so quickly, its very much appreciated as is your hard work on this mod in general :-). Oh and I have no other mods in game so I don't think its a conflict.

Your welcome! Since all I did was tell interactions when to be used i really don't know why it would be effecting the buffs when you use the cheat. Try using the in game cheat that removes the buffs. Does that still work?

Test Subject
#298 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:16 AM
Your welcome! Since all I did was tell interactions when to be used i really don't know why it would be effecting the buffs when you use the cheat. Try using the in game cheat that removes the buffs. Does that still work?

EDIT TO ADD: OMG, so I went back into my mods folder just to triple check I had no other mods in there and there was one I missed!! It was ro_burks emotional inertia. I took it out right away, I haven't tested it with out it in the game, but I am 99.9% sure that thats what was causing the issue. I am so sorry I didn't see it in there before. Whats odd is that I have a mods folder on my desktop where I put all my mods that I have taken out for testing and roburks emotional inertia was in there already so I think I had two copies of it in my in-game mods folder and thats why I missed it. I took one out and didn't notice the copy that was in there.

Original comment: Not sure love, I'm not in game right now, but next time I am I will be sure to try it and report back.

I just wanted to say again how much you modders are appreciated, honestly, without your mods I probably wouldn't play my game. Your mods are what make me excited to play. My husband is a software engineer and my brother is an engineer for a major gaming company (he worked on Bioshock Infinite ) so I know how much work goes into programming. The fact that you guys do this for free and spend your free time on such a time consuming hobby is so commendable. You guys are what saved this game honestly. Keep up the brilliant work. I will test my game without that inertia mod when I go back in game later and I will let you know if that got rid of the issue. I am pretty certain it was that mod and not yours causing the issue.
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:39 AM
It shouldn't have an effect on anything career related unless it's an interaction listed. So it shouldn't unlock anything dealing with careers.

It would conflict with any mod that deals with the calming down intrraction. I added that to this mod bc of the funny interactions that were added. I didn't want sims who over did it on funny to die of laughter. The calming down interaction in this mod has been tuned so hopefully it isn't used to often unless a sim is in a really funny conversation.

What are you referring to on pregnant sims? Restrictions of what kind? This shouldn't restrict or unrestrict anything with pregnant sims, just tunes certain interactions.

There's a mod: http://kimmmygibbbler.tumblr.com/po...cted-activities
Which unlocks restrictions but my program said it conflicts with your mod and I wanted to make sure.
Theorist
Original Poster
#300 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:53 AM
EDIT TO ADD: OMG, so I went back into my mods folder just to triple check I had no other mods in there and there was one I missed!! It was ro_burks emotional inertia. I took it out right away, I haven't tested it with out it in the game, but I am 99.9% sure that thats what was causing the issue. I am so sorry I didn't see it in there before. Whats odd is that I have a mods folder on my desktop where I put all my mods that I have taken out for testing and roburks emotional inertia was in there already so I think I had two copies of it in my in-game mods folder and thats why I missed it. I took one out and didn't notice the copy that was in there.

Original comment: Not sure love, I'm not in game right now, but next time I am I will be sure to try it and report back.

I just wanted to say again how much you modders are appreciated, honestly, without your mods I probably wouldn't play my game. Your mods are what make me excited to play. My husband is a software engineer and my brother is an engineer for a major gaming company (he worked on Bioshock Infinite ) so I know how much work goes into programming. The fact that you guys do this for free and spend your free time on such a time consuming hobby is so commendable. You guys are what saved this game honestly. Keep up the brilliant work. I will test my game without that inertia mod when I go back in game later and I will let you know if that got rid of the issue. I am pretty certain it was that mod and not yours causing the issue.

No problem! Glad that you may have found the issue.

Thank you! The community is why I share my mods and builds instead of keeping them all to myself if it wasn't for everyone out there I wouldn't share them and I'm glad to hear that others enjoy them as much as I do. I'm here to help if I can on issues even if they aren't related to any of my mods.

Page 12 of 49