Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 2:22 AM
Default .dds with transparency problem (SimPe)
I apologize if this wrong place to post. I asked the same question on SimPE help forum, but they said to ask here, where the chance is greater for post to be seen and answered. My post there is linked.

I'm having problem with DDS Utilities. It was working until a couple of days ago. But now, after I build DXT3-DXT5 (or import .dds files saved in Photoshop) the area that should be transparent is white. In SimPE it's still transparent, in both texture view and GMDC 3D preview. But in the game it's white.

Now, I tried reinstalling DDS Utilities and Nvidia Photoshop plugins, but everything is the same. No change at all.

I don't have any screenshots right now, but if you need them it won't be a problem to shoot some. Just help, please.
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 2:46 AM
Hmm.. interesting that SimPE help referred you to here.. they have their own support forums and have always reffed users who post here back to them..

Anyway, I guess I'll leave the thread open then in case someone can help. I have no idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 3:57 AM
I'm afraid the problem was in my brain, not in SimPE or DDS Utilities. I started up game to get screenshots, and previously made some more test recolours using different mesh. Guess what? I forgot to change stdMatAlphaBlendMode from "none" to "blend".

So sorry for bothering you people. You can lock the thread now. I should learn to test everything before posting such stupid things.