Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#876 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:28 AM
Thanks jje1000! That looks great too. No, I agree, it seems most of the cities that I find tend to look more tropical or California-esque. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Angel City is my favorite world to play but it's not really a world where winter or autumn makes sense.

Barcelona is gorgeous as well. I saw the photos but will pop it in as a traveler destination. Thanks eskie!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#877 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:30 AM Last edited by chreai : 9th May 2015 at 6:04 PM.
So the consensus then is that Northern-type cities (similar to Bridgeport) that are updated for Island Paradise and include elements (e.g. lots) from all EPs (sans ITF) are few and far between? Bummer. I downloaded SimLau Isles recently from MySimRealty because it had all the EP-related stuff I was looking for, but it lacks that city feel (and I'm actually finding it kind of boring to play in). It's more of a tropical world. (Seriously, do all island worlds have to be tropical? How about a Northern island for a change? They exist too! /rant) I thought about making my own Northern city, even downloaded CAW and opened it up and tried to figure out the program. But I may as well have been trying to perform surgery on a cockroach. All the tutorials in the world can't save that program. I lack time, I lack patience, and I probably lack a compatible system as well. Anyway, would be nice to be able to move my fave Sim into a place where her punk rock star self belongs, like Minneapolis (I love that city!), but I will resolve to holding out hope and keeping my eyes peeled for new worlds. I'd appreciate it if you all could help me keep an eye out as well and holler at me here if you happen upon a world I desire. Thanks in advance!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#878 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
So the consensus then is that Northern-type cities (similar to Bridgeport) that are updated for Island Paradise and include elements (e.g. lots) from all EPs (sans ITF) are few and far between? Bummer. I downloaded SimLua Isles recently from MySimsRealty because it had all the EP-related stuff I was looking for, but it lacks that city feel (and I'm actually finding it kind of boring to play in). It's more of a tropical world. (Seriously, do all island worlds have to be tropical? How about a Northern island for a change? They exist too! /rant) I thought about making my own Northern city, even downloaded CAW and opened it up and tried to figure out the program. But I may as well have been trying to perform surgery on a cockroach. All the tutorials in the world can't save that program. I lack time, I lack patience, and I probably lack a compatible system as well. Anyway, would be nice to be able to move my fave Sim into a place where her punk rock star self belongs, like Minneapolis (I love that city!), but I will resolve to holding out hope and keeping my eyes peeled for new worlds. I'd appreciate it if you all could help me keep an eye out as well and holler at me here if you happen upon a world I desire. Thanks in advance!

Hey I'm building a northern/highland somewhat Island. But it's a lot of work until all the lots are finished.
If you like you can take a look at the beta version
Maybe that's what you're looking for.

Im not a native speaker
Forum Resident
#879 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolalule
Hey I'm building a northern/highland somewhat Island. But it's a lot of work until all the lots are finished.
If you like you can take a look at the beta version
Maybe that's what you're looking for.

Thanks, I'll take a look. In the meantime, I checked out pics of Devil's Port and that seems to be closest to what I'm looking for. Fairhaven City is coming in second, I think. I'm hoping both integrate elements from all EPs, especially IP's dive lots, but we'll see. May have to make a few necessary changes before I play. Still open to more BP-like worlds tho.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Inventor
#880 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:23 PM Last edited by pico22 : 28th May 2015 at 12:01 PM.
Nilxis has the updated edition of Plavi raj up - yes, he finally corrected the name as well. Beautiful but unpopulated, so far.

Barcelona is absolutely great - well, he's Catalan and obviously proud of it, rightfully so. And I just love the new Saaqartoq, especially, for some strange reason, its festival grounds. At first I found them rather shabby and I wondered whether I should add some stuff but at the end I decided that they look exactly like they should. My only complaint: all the good looking women are married or engaged or whatever. Oh well, back to France to catch Brave Margot once more.

Edited to add a photo of Saaqartoq in winter.

The red house in the foreground is where my Sim is living with Margot - yes, he did go to France and guess who the person standing right behind him after he delivered his painting was. The rest is history.
But the point here is: this place is simply beautiful and great to play. Some routing problems but not a real problem. The real "complication" here is to preserve the look of the town: later on I had to add a floor to the house because they have a baby now but I did not want to go any higher, for obvious reasons, so I bought the green house next door to reserve the space for future families. The only other thing I added is a very small (10x10 lot) and simple sauna/massage combo on a beach at the other end of the town.
Forum Resident
#881 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Thanks, I'll take a look. In the meantime, I checked out pics of Devil's Port and that seems to be closest to what I'm looking for. Fairhaven City is coming in second, I think. I'm hoping both integrate elements from all EPs, especially IP's dive lots, but we'll see. May have to make a few necessary changes before I play. Still open to more BP-like worlds tho.

I'm playing Fairhaven City now and it definitely has the look I want and it integrates most of the EPs but not as well as other worlds. Not sure about dive lots. Also, there are way too many deco buildings and not a lot of community lots. The residential area is kind of a mess when you try to play it. The routing is really weird/poorly planned in some areas and none of the lots are larger than 20x22. Not to mention they're all non-standard sizes (18x26, 14x22, etc.) which isn't great for me since I hate building and always just download lots. Also the school is all the way on the other side of town away from all the suburban neighborhood and for some reason, City Hall is right in the middle of like a culdesac area. I also wish he would list everything in his CC merged file.

There are a lot of things I like but just as many I could do without, like that giant zoo with all the deco animals. I think it could be great if it you go into CAW and make some edits like removing 3 or 4 of the deco buildings, adding in more EP-related community lots, fixing the routing in the suburb area and demolishing the zoo and replacing it with something else.

I'll probably move my family out and uninstall it and try Devil's Port next. Have you tried Rflong7's updated Bridgeport? I don't think it's updated past Seasons though.
Inventor
#882 Old 28th May 2015 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkade8583
Is there a smallish town that has everything (save CC and Into the Future stuff since I don't have that one) in it? I'm looking for kind of a smaller Sunset Valley vibe for my legacy game. All in one, you know? Heck, I'd even take a re-imagined Sunset Valley save. I'm just tired of how same-y every legacy ends up being no matter who I make but I don't like the other towns.

Thanks.

There is a "new" Sunset Valley here. I played it a while ago and I posted about it somewhere in this thread. Too lazy to find that post so I'll just summon it briefly: I never could decide whether I loved it because it does have everything or I hated it because the landscape seemed completely spoiled to me. I guess you should decide by yourself.

But now I have a question of my own. I have a problem similar to Olomaya's so I tested some worlds that were mentioned in replies as well as some others and finally came across one that can be found right here on MTS, The City of São Paten. It is beautiful, it is something completely different and, as far as I can tell, it has no big problems but one - a lot of it is just not finished. The original thread "has not had a reply for 2 months" so I am asking here: is it going to be continued - by the original author or by somebody else - or not? It is quite playable and enjoyable and I can put most of the stuff that is messed up right, but certainly not all of it; and anyway, I'd love to see it finished as it should be. But it's certainly a shame to throw it away, even as it is now.
Mad Poster
#883 Old 29th May 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
There is a "new" Sunset Valley here. I played it a while ago and I posted about it somewhere in this thread. Too lazy to find that post so I'll just summon it briefly: I never could decide whether I loved it because it does have everything or I hated it because the landscape seemed completely spoiled to me. I guess you should decide by yourself.

But now I have a question of my own. I have a problem similar to Olomaya's so I tested some worlds that were mentioned in replies as well as some others and finally came across one that can be found right here on MTS, The City of São Paten. It is beautiful, it is something completely different and, as far as I can tell, it has no big problems but one - a lot of it is just not finished. The original thread "has not had a reply for 2 months" so I am asking here: is it going to be continued - by the original author or by somebody else - or not? It is quite playable and enjoyable and I can put most of the stuff that is messed up right, but certainly not all of it; and anyway, I'd love to see it finished as it should be. But it's certainly a shame to throw it away, even as it is now.

I agree - it really is gorgeous.
Scholar
#884 Old 29th May 2015 at 8:09 AM
Saaqartoq while beauty is terribly lagging me Probably partially it's caused by this "city center" lot containing few rabbitholes buried in the basements - there's very little space and this lot often becomes cluttered. Also some houses are build not very reasonable (but with great cuteness factor). A Bad side of this beauty world is also problem with expanding - not so much space for a new lots and because of road drawings - painful placement.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#885 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Saaqartoq while beauty is terribly lagging me Probably partially it's caused by this "city center" lot containing few rabbitholes buried in the basements - there's very little space and this lot often becomes cluttered. Also some houses are build not very reasonable (but with great cuteness factor). A Bad side of this beauty world is also problem with expanding - not so much space for a new lots and because of road drawings - painful placement.

The old town/city center area of Plavi Raj was a bit slow for me, too. Not so much lag, just too much time waiting for elevators to go down to the rabbit holes. I ended up replacing all the basement rabbit holes buildings with street level rabbit hole rugs. Game sped up a bit, and it no longer takes 3 hours for my sims to get to school/work.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#886 Old 29th May 2015 at 7:08 PM
I've never played Saaqartoq itself but used some of the houses for my other games, and I also had to rebuild parts of them. Most of them are not very suitable for pets, and there are a lot of pets in the populated version. Also the heavy use of CFE and MOO can produce problems as are the nice but not very useful entrance doors on top of staircases with not very much room for the families to enter and congregate behind the entrance door. I think I couldn't use a single Saaqartoq building straight from the bin.
Scholar
#887 Old 29th May 2015 at 8:32 PM
yes, as Don_Babilon wrote above - it's not only this area problem. I rebuilded it - mostly by adding additional areas to enter/exit, removing obstacles using rugs etc.
But many houses are as sweet as useless partially. I'd never build so many problematic areas so close, like these doors mentioned above, pseudo-entrances (disconnected basements with also very narrow external entrance space - it's very nice to view but completely ignores sims idiocy - your guests often would try to come into home *from disconnected basement* *roll* not mentioning NPCs which usually lives there x.x) I think most of these buildings were never tested in reasonable way. But indeed world itself is beauty.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#888 Old 29th May 2015 at 8:47 PM
Cabos City is really nice island world
Mad Poster
#889 Old 30th May 2015 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22

Yeah unfortunately the world got too big, and was causing issues at its scale. I've been looking into downsizing and removing at least a good number of lots to get the lot count down to around 100-125.

At this point, I'm hoping to finish Point Ouerbacker first since it's nearly finished and playable. I may just release the CAW files when I get time to do so.
dodgy builder
#890 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:52 PM
That's part of the problem with world building, there's just so much to learn and so much that can go wrong. It's such a wide area to learn about. I tested my world Stranda mainly on my own, and took the time to learn the things I needed to know along the way. Doing it that way is timeconsuming though, very timeconsuming.

Since I see others do commertials on their world, let me continue that since I can't find any mentioning searching for the term in this thread. Stranda: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=516078

It's not a low-end computer project, but my computer at the time could run it well. There is a lot of optional EA store items used, I use it with different exp and stuff packs all the time, it often results in missing rabbitholes and objects all over. I don't really worry that much about it, but I just build buildings, not really play legacies and such.

I'm a builder at heart and found lots of fun making most out of each technical challenge I could find.

Flatland Brygge and MS Flatland by Volvenom, on Flickr

Island Paradise with houseboats.

Divelots by Volvenom, on Flickr

I made a dive lot and put some others there if the downloader wanted to test.

horse riding school or equestrian center by Volvenom, on Flickr

Horse ranch or training fascilites other than the rabbithole.

Cheap mistake rooms by Volvenom, on Flickr

Cheap places to rent a room.

Fishmarket front with nabours by Volvenom, on Flickr

A diner with a bit of music, both these characters are mine, and entertainment was a part of the brief when making them. They had some skills at start because I gave them some with twallans mods.

Selma Rams in the 140413 Minimal Square by Volvenom, on Flickr

As I said though, I'm a builder and I put a lot of effort into making lots of different houses, but they tend to lean on modern while sometimes just take some tradititional influences to be a farm or something.

It can be a heavy world to play in, but you can also just decide on what kind of a player you are and pick an area of gameplay that fits your style.
Mad Poster
#891 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 4:18 AM

The final version has been released! Get it now!

Point Ouerbacker
Quote:
Point Ouerbacker is a prominent cape and tourist destination on the Pasimific coast of Northern Calsimfornia. It is located in Reyes County, a convenient hour east of Santa Mira and two hours north of Sim Francisco.

As the fishing industry and homogeneity that once dominated the area has faded away, new demographics, new religions and new economies have moved in. Point Ouerbacker now struggles to define itself between the secure, stagnant old world of its birth, and the uncertain new world of tomorrow.

Forum Resident
#892 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
I'm playing Fairhaven City now and it definitely has the look I want and it integrates most of the EPs but not as well as other worlds. Not sure about dive lots. Also, there are way too many deco buildings and not a lot of community lots. The residential area is kind of a mess when you try to play it. The routing is really weird/poorly planned in some areas and none of the lots are larger than 20x22. Not to mention they're all non-standard sizes (18x26, 14x22, etc.) which isn't great for me since I hate building and always just download lots. Also the school is all the way on the other side of town away from all the suburban neighborhood and for some reason, City Hall is right in the middle of like a culdesac area. I also wish he would list everything in his CC merged file.

There are a lot of things I like but just as many I could do without, like that giant zoo with all the deco animals. I think it could be great if it you go into CAW and make some edits like removing 3 or 4 of the deco buildings, adding in more EP-related community lots, fixing the routing in the suburb area and demolishing the zoo and replacing it with something else.

I'll probably move my family out and uninstall it and try Devil's Port next. Have you tried Rflong7's updated Bridgeport? I don't think it's updated past Seasons though.

Thanks for the info, Olomaya. Sounds like I wouldn't really enjoy Fairhaven City after all, since I'm the same way. I hate to build. And I was feeling iffy about it anyway, what with all the CC that comes with it. My game is bogged down enough as is, without needing more potentially buggy CC.

I haven't tried Rflong7's Bridgeport. I was tempted to download it but I really want to be able to include dive lots, and in BP that's impossible. Plus BP isn't that big, and is much too hilly to add empty lots, so I wouldn't be able to implement all the EPs according to my preferences.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#893 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 2:48 AM
Well, I installed Devil's Port today, started a new game, and found out that it's just a complete rebuild of Bridgeport. The creator deleted a bunch of lots, replaced most with new custom lots, loaded the world with cc, and possibly altered some terrain to make room for more lots. A disappointment for me because this means that I wouldn't have room to add lots for all EPs and, since the world uses the BP template, adding dive lots would be utterly impossible. So, the hunt for a decent large-sized IP-compatible northern city world continues...

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#894 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 10:44 AM Last edited by Nemiga : 11th Jun 2015 at 10:53 AM.
Simsimillian's Darielle world new beta. The world looks stunning, comparing to it's orginal version (Twinbrook). The world have improved environment and a lot well built buildings :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#895 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 11:03 AM
Darielle is perfect for a True Blood setting. I played it when she posted her first Beta and it was stunning even then. Looks like a true Louisiana world... Thanks for the link, I thought she had given up on this project. So very glad she didn't!!!
Test Subject
#896 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 9:57 PM
yes, as Don_Babilon wrote above - it's not only this area problem. I rebuilded it - mostly by adding additional areas to enter/exit, removing obstacles using rugs etc.
But many houses are as sweet as useless partially. I'd never build so many problematic areas so close, like these doors mentioned above, pseudo-entrances (disconnected basements with also very narrow external entrance space - it's very nice to view but completely ignores sims idiocy - your guests often would try to come into home *from disconnected basement* *roll* not mentioning NPCs which usually lives there x.x) I think most of these buildings were never tested in reasonable way. But indeed world itself is beauty.

That is a bit disappointing about Saaqartoq as it looks seriously beautiful. Absolutely perfect, actually, but I wouldn't have the patience to redo all those routing issues. If anybody wanted to redo it or upload their fixed version (if that is permissible to suggest) I'd snag it in a heartbeat. Please please please!

Anyway, thanks for this thread and sorry if it should have been left for dead. I enjoy discussions about the various worlds though (and this was the latest thread I found on the topic.) I'll have to check out http://www.galadrielh.com/downloads...n/devil-s-port/ and still looking for more. Like others have mentioned, I'm kinda sick of the tropical worlds with their crystal blue sky and palm trees. Want something big with water and dive lots, which still look great with snow.

I just started playing sims 3 again recently (4 is not happening!) and http://thesimscatalog.com/product/cotes-dambonnay/ was already in my game. It is excellent beyond belief. I wouldn't put any sims which I plan on playing, into any of the homes though. They're all done very well, just a little small for my taste. Fortunately there is enough empty bigger lots to use so not really a problem.

Anybody have more suggestions?
Scholar
#897 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 9:04 AM
Certainly, for me, the most beautiful world is Avalon by Bakafox, available on MTS. The notes say you need Pets to play it, which I don't have installed at the moment, but it seems to work fine without it. In any case I just had to have it for my Fairy Queen game. I had some difficulties finding appropriate lots, and my first attempt spoiled the whole thing by making it too urbanized. Now I have managed to make it all look more open and wild, the way a fairy kingdom should be, although there is a 'human' quarter where the theatre, day spa, and business centre are (all EA base game lots). Nearly everything else is either built by me or downloads that fit into the landscape. My civic centre, for example, is just an open park with trees and water gardens, and rabbit hole rugs for the police station, military base and city hall placed underground. And at least four of my residential lots are underground too, including Orcs Hole, where three very unpleasant goblins live.
dodgy builder
#898 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 9:44 AM
New York (up to Seasons) http://sims3newyork.blogspot.co.uk/...y-released.html
BigApple (2nd Beta) http://sims3bigapple.blogspot.com/

I didn't check them out thought - even looking on the screens kills my machine

I tested one of the late betas of NewYork and while everyone else was so exited about it, I wasn't. It might have been hard to run, but what I remember is the lack detail between the buildings. The ground work so to speak. I might be picky, but it didn't impress me much. I'm a builder as well, so I remember an apartment that didn't impress me either. I probably didn't stay long for the gaming though.
Mad Poster
#899 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 4:36 AM
A little industrial island by Rflong7:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...land-o-o#latest

Could be a base for that gritty northern city people are looking for.
Test Subject
#900 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 11:40 PM
Hi all! I found this world a couple days ago and been playing it non-stop ever since. http://thesimscatalog.com/product/mayfield-springs/ Here is my quick review and then I'm off to play more.

The terrain is gorgeous with lots of height variation where your sims can appreciate the beautiful views; the town also has plenty of variety in differently themed mini neighborhoods with smooth transitions from one area to another. It was a simpack file and no cc, so super easy installation. The (large) town is already populated so I didn't even have to do that and each sim even has a description of themselves in their little pop-up. All the houses are obviously designed with a good eye for design AND playablity (I have Errortrap and Overwatch so would have noticed routing issues). The houses all all furnished very nicely with good color schemes, but not too cluttered, so I don't feel the immediate urge to play re-decorator. Frankly, I was amazed at how nice everything looks and still remains playable. I have no idea who made this world but honestly, if EA wants a world builder for Sims3, this person could do it. The whole thing reminds me very much of how EA does a world.

I've only uncovered one slight problem so far, and that is the camera gets stuck around one lot (the fortune teller's wagon) way up in the mountains. I had to use Edit Town to move the camera away from the area. Other than that, the whole thing seems really excellent. Oh and none of the Store stuff appears to be placed in the world, so guess I'll have fun deciding where to put all that. I haven't tried the dive lots yet though or seen how it does in snow.

Anyway, keep those suggestions coming please, if anybody has anymore! I foolishly went into an old Dragon Valley save in order to steal my lastest version of the Crumplebottom sisters and Branch Timbley, and it was so sad to look at that world... The design elements used in Dragon Valley are probably my favorite (well that and Monte Vista) but ITS WAY TOO SMALL and flat as a pancake, arrrrgh. Apologies for whining. Seems difficult making a world, I can't even make my bed. :P
Page 36 of 42