Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 11:45 PM Last edited by murfee : 12th Apr 2015 at 5:21 PM.
Default How to give shoes transparency, please? [RESOLVED]
I have shoe meshes that have fur/tatters/etc and they require alpha channels -- are there any shoes with 2 groups that I can clone from?

I looked at the World Adventures sandals, and I don't get how the multiplier had an alpha channel that still allowed the feet beneath to not disappear -- yet it's all 1 group.

Shoe voodoo.

[EDIT]
I'm going to check the hobo shoe with the tatters and holes; I just remembered. I hope those can enlighten me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:01 PM
Oh wow -- I forgot I made this thread! :P

Well, for anyone reading -- I figured this out a few months ago. It's all the stinking UV Map's fault.

With sandal meshes that show a lot of foot underneath, you can't put the shoe's texture over the section of the UV Map where the sim's feet are supposed to be.

You're restricted to a pitifully small section of blank space on either side of the feet, and that's where you can put your textures and alphas and rgb maps, etc.

Texture quality vanishes with a section that small, so it's best to blow up the size to 2048x2048, rather than 1048x1048.

It's so much easier to do shoes that completely cover the feet, so you have the whole section to work with. XD